Spiritual Forums

Home

Donate!

Articles

CHAT!

Shop

Welcome to Spiritual Forums!.

We created this community for people from all backgrounds to discuss Spiritual, Paranormal, Metaphysical, Philosophical, Supernatural, and Esoteric subjects. From Astral Projection to Zen, all topics are welcome. We hope you enjoy your visits.

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest, which gives you limited access to most discussions and articles. By joining our free community you will be able to post messages, communicate privately with other members (PM), respond to polls, upload your own photos, and gain access to our Chat Rooms, Registration is fast, simple, and free, so please, join our community today! !

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, check our FAQs before contacting support. Please read our forum rules, since they are enforced by our volunteer staff. This will help you avoid any infractions and issues.

Go Back   Spiritual Forums > Religions & Faiths > Christianity

Prev Previous Post   Next Post Next
Old 12-04-2017, 03:26 PM
Experiencer

Quote:
Originally Posted by Azmond
Perhaps the search for God is not a philosophical debate. Also, you keep referring bible, and "Lord" and everyone has its own right to believe what they want to, and I respect that. But maybe the problems you are facing stem from they way you approach God. If you keep realising that no philosophical or bible study will help you really reach or understand God, then perhaps you should "veer" out of this way. I was baptised as christian and followed christian religion as a young boy. I went to class every weekend that taught me about God, and yet I realised growing up, I know absolutely nothing about who or what God is. All I had were stories and some cloudy unrealistic perception of a God, that helplessly tried to picture him as an old man with grey beard sitting somewhere on the clouds in the heavens. Before the baptism of the Holy spirit I already veered out of this way of knowing God, and found a more suitable, intimate and personal way that suit me. I never looked back and even though I received the baptism of the holy spirit as is a tradition, I was already far away from really accepting this as may way of knowing my creator. I am happy I went this way. Questions such as why does God allow suffering to continue if he loves us, became completely irrelevant and nonsensical to me. Also the thought that if God exist he/her/it should make his/hers/its presence known to us, went away like last years snow. Completely irrelevant. The God is not the only important being in this universe. The God is the creator, but we are the will, we are the tool, the essence and purpose of it all. Knowing oneself therefore is as close as knowing the Creator. I feel myself much more comfortable using the word Creator than God.

You my friend stand at the precipice. I sense that your resolution of knowing God, originates from your own troubled acceptance of yourself. You talk about yourself being a sinner, and you think God can resolve you of that. God gave you the all possibility to be whatever you wish to be, so be sinner if you so desire. If you believe that you are a sinner just because you were born to this world, like the Bible teaches, than so be. In my opinion God is so great, he doesn't even remember putting Earth where it is. Its like my mother that would sometime mix the names of me and my brother. Stop trying to force God to reveal its presence to you. Try revealing yourself to the God you believe to exist.

Actually, it all comes down to philosophical debate here because even the recommendations that you are advising to me which you claim is a viable method to be convinced of God's existence, then even this is up for philosophical debate as well. Even personal experiences are up for philosophical debate since there are still other possible explanations to these sorts of things. Therefore, it doesn't matter what you recommend to me. All of it still comes down to philosophical debate.