Spiritual Forums

Home

Donate!

Articles

CHAT!

Shop

Welcome to Spiritual Forums!.

We created this community for people from all backgrounds to discuss Spiritual, Paranormal, Metaphysical, Philosophical, Supernatural, and Esoteric subjects. From Astral Projection to Zen, all topics are welcome. We hope you enjoy your visits.

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest, which gives you limited access to most discussions and articles. By joining our free community you will be able to post messages, communicate privately with other members (PM), respond to polls, upload your own photos, and gain access to our Chat Rooms, Registration is fast, simple, and free, so please, join our community today! !

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, check our FAQs before contacting support. Please read our forum rules, since they are enforced by our volunteer staff. This will help you avoid any infractions and issues.

Go Back   Spiritual Forums > Spirituality & Beliefs > Channeling

Prev Previous Post   Next Post Next
Old 03-12-2015, 06:52 PM
Seeker

Unwanted Clairaudience

Hello everyone, just wanted to tell you a little bit about something that happened to me this year as a result of dabbling with EVP. I have been a paranormal enthusiast for a number of years but only started doing any active personal investigation for a couple of months this past winter. In early January I started to attempt to capture EVPs, in a few locations, but usually it was in my home.
For the first two weeks I got nothing on my recordings..zilch, but I kept at it because I had heard that it is something that can often take a little time to bring about. After about two weeks of futile attempts I made my first successful capture, it was January 17, 2015 around 1pm in the afternoon, I'll never forget that day because from that day forward my life would never be the same. During one recording session I caught at least 3 very clear EVPS, direct responses to questions I had asked. When I submitted my recording to a forum, others also heard these 3 responses and one member of the forum was kind enough to run my recording through his audio filtering software and he was able to find at least 3 more EVPs on my recording that I was not able to hear with the naked ear. Well this got me excited to say the least and I began to do EVP sessions practically every day, it was still slow going for awhile but after a few more weeks something just seemed to change, I began to notice these very faint voices on my recordings, they were very faint but if I listened to the recordings I could make out a lot of what was being said. Usually it was very brief and responses, but occasionally I would get a louder one, usually preceded by a precursor (popping sound). I reached a point where I can say something definitely was changing with my hearing because as time went on, I got much better at hearing these faint voices. I eventually was able to get names and some personal info and more or less developed a sort of rapport with these spirits that I was communicating with At first these spirits that I was communicating with all seemed more or less benevolent, some were very friendly, but none of them seemed to be threatening.
As more time went by, some of these spirits claimed to be people who I knew personally or who I knew of, one claimed to be a relative of my neighbor, one claimed to be the spirit of a local woman who had died in an automobile accident a few years before, and one claimed to be an old friend who died back when I was in high school. They all seemed so benevolent and I was just so overwhelmed by the reality of it all, that I believed everything that they were saying hook line and sinker. Eventually, I even believed that I was talking to the spirits of my parents (who both passed away). Looking back now, I was terribly naive, but at the time I was just so overwhelmed and the whole experience seemed so positive.
Then things started to change in my recordings, the "benevolent" spirits were still present but then I stared to hear some harsh, negative comments every once and awhile, such as profanity, insults and threats against me. It started off small, and I tried to ignore it at first. When I asked the benevolent spirits about this hostile group that was here now, they told me that I should just “ignore them”, but as time went on, my recordings came to be dominated by these hostile voices.
Then one day while I was a work near a fan that was on, I began to hear these negative voices coming over the white noise of the fan, there was no mistaking it, I was hearing these harassing voices. This was enough to freak me out to say the least, so I decided to stop with EVP session all together, but to my horror, I began to have more of these incidents where I was hearing these hostile voices through various background noises. It was very occasional at first, but as weeks went by it became more and more frequent. Then something else started to happen, I began to feel these weird physical sensations on my body, usually it was when I was laying in bed at night trying to sleep. It was usually the feeling of what I can only describe as a finger poking me in the lower back, and also there was a weird vibration feeling that seemed to move around my body. There were also occasions when I felt what I can only describe as these small "things" landing on my body and moving around, but they were invisible, I couldn’t see anything.
At this point, I was becoming very distressed by all of this. These sensations were making it more and more difficult to get off to sleep easily so I had to start taking sleeping pills. The escalation with the voices also kept up and then one day in the spring everything just seemed to hit the fan all at once. I remember I was at work one morning and I just starting hearing voices all around me, it wasn't just through a strong steady source of background noise anymore but they seemed to be coming from everywhere, at times I could even feel a faint breath hitting my ear. I totally freaked out, told my boss I was sick and rushed home (in fact I would miss a lot of work over the next couple of weeks). I basically became a complete vegetable for a few weeks; all I could do was lay in bed while these voices tormented me around the clock. I couldn't eat, I was getting only about 4 hours of sleep a night, even with sleeping pills (it wasn't until I got a prescription of Ambien that I got any descent sleep).
The physical sensations were also a lot more intense now, at times I could even feel slight stinging and biting sensations, things were really bad like this for a long time. At this point, I thought my life was over. However, over the course of several months, I gradually, began to adapt to this situation. At first these spirits were spinning all sorts of far out, terrifying story lines like they were going to "take my spirit" and "take me to Hell" if I didn't do this or that, basically they were trying to get me to run around in circles for their own amusement it seems. Well over time it became obvious that these negative spirits were pathological liars and none of their threats ever materialized into anything. It's taken alot of time, but I no longer have any fear or anxiety over them, but I can still hear them and I can't make this go away. I don't hear the voices as intense as I once did, but they are still there. I'm getting better at being able to block out the content of what they say, like I'll hear them chattering, but I can block out the words. But basically my whole experience with EVP seemed to activate some sensitivity in me (clairaudience), an ability that I never knew I had before this and that I certainly don't want.
I never knew I was sensitive before this and unfortunatley it's not something I can shut off easily. Before I always thought that the benevolent spirits and the malevolent ones were two groups, but now it seems so obvious to me, that I was basically set up for a fall, the deception was just to keep me interacting with them long enough for them to "tune" into me I suspect.
And I know that this will sound like a case of mental illness to people (I don't blame you) but I can assure you,I am the same person I always was, I still have my job, my home, everything is still the same, I just hear this faint chatter of voices pretty much all the time now (unless I can distract myself). In my case I activated something within me when I was doing EVP and and brought on some type of attachment and it's now been a persistent problem ever since

Brian