Spiritual Forums

Home

Donate!

Articles

CHAT!

Shop

Welcome to Spiritual Forums!.

We created this community for people from all backgrounds to discuss Spiritual, Paranormal, Metaphysical, Philosophical, Supernatural, and Esoteric subjects. From Astral Projection to Zen, all topics are welcome. We hope you enjoy your visits.

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest, which gives you limited access to most discussions and articles. By joining our free community you will be able to post messages, communicate privately with other members (PM), respond to polls, upload your own photos, and gain access to our Chat Rooms, Registration is fast, simple, and free, so please, join our community today! !

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, check our FAQs before contacting support. Please read our forum rules, since they are enforced by our volunteer staff. This will help you avoid any infractions and issues.

Go Back   Spiritual Forums > Most Anything > Nature > Animals

Prev Previous Post   Next Post Next
Old 18-10-2015, 12:43 AM
Seeker

Questions re: Rainbow Bridge?

Hey.

I live with an 18 year old cat & a 10 year old dog. I've lived amongst many pets over the years.

What is the whole 'rainbow bridge' philosophy about?

I've been told it's just a metaphor....something to comfort an aching heart, but doesn't really lead to anything - like it doesn't actually (in our minds eye) exist & we know it.
This is all great & wonderful but what about the deeper thinking ones such as I who'd like a little more to go on. The ones who aren't so content as to just being placated by a acknowledged possible imaginary happening?

Do pets meet us at the rainbow bridge?
If so, what do they do in the meantime? Surely they don't just sit there for what could be many decades just playing in the grass & the flowers?!
Know my cat & dog would get fed up within a day!
What if they're called up to play a very important role & can't just call it a day & prance back off to meet just because we've decided to die on that certain day?

Do ALL our pets meet us...all at the same time?
I know I haven't been the most educated of pet people in the earlier years.
I'd probably be greeted by a mixture of receptions...From 'Yay, hiya mum' to 'you mucked up, you didn't really help my life then & there'

If rainbow bridge is really just a made-up virtual reality land, where do they really go?

Love the 'Soul group' possibility - as in, yeah I'm a human, you're a cat, you're a dog.....but our souls have been put together...in this house...in this time. We are part of the same......see you on the other side 'when'

Aw cripes. Guess I'm asking now because my cat looks at me with ever wise eyes. With his kidneys not functioning so amazingly, his tiny frame, his cloudy cataracts & his hit & miss fur. His eagerness for affection, his content demeanour.
His now monthly steroid & vitamin jabs (found a vet who hasn't immediately suggested euthanasia as he's happy, eating well etc.....)

Wanna know where he's going when he decides the time is right.

Just thoughts on the Rainbow Bridge thing would be cool :-) x