Spiritual Forums

Home

Donate!

Articles

CHAT!

Shop

Welcome to Spiritual Forums!.

We created this community for people from all backgrounds to discuss Spiritual, Paranormal, Metaphysical, Philosophical, Supernatural, and Esoteric subjects. From Astral Projection to Zen, all topics are welcome. We hope you enjoy your visits.

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest, which gives you limited access to most discussions and articles. By joining our free community you will be able to post messages, communicate privately with other members (PM), respond to polls, upload your own photos, and gain access to our Chat Rooms, Registration is fast, simple, and free, so please, join our community today! !

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, check our FAQs before contacting support. Please read our forum rules, since they are enforced by our volunteer staff. This will help you avoid any infractions and issues.

Go Back   Spiritual Forums > Spirituality & Beliefs > Mediumship

Prev Previous Post   Next Post Next
Old 22-01-2011, 04:42 PM
Administrator
Hello

Mediumship is the term used to describe someone who claim to have the ability to communicate with the Dead or Spirit World. This is not yet been scientifically proven of disproved . From the scientific point of view a medium is simply doing a cold reading. Getting information from what is said. In face to face readings using facial and body reactions.

Testing the information given though rules a lot of this out.

A psychic is from the Greek psychikos - “of the mind, mental”

A psychic is one that has the ability to see the hidden information. Psychics are readers whom use many levels of tools to obtain the information. Often called Fortune Tellers really I feel one is just more in tune with their inner intuitions and is able to pick up on the energies from other’s around them or the World around them.

This again is something we can all access but when it comes to “ reading” others respect on the privacy level should be understood and respected. On many levels its almost an invasion of one’s personal space to read someone without permissions in place. Too one has to learn levels of compassions so that what information is shared does not do harm.

Automatic Writing

What is Automatic Writing ? Well it is said to be writings that do not come from conscious thoughts. Often the writer has no clue in what one is writing or typing or even drawing . For some it springs forth from a meditative state of being or in a dream state. At times to the writer is very away they be writing and just let it free from them. One will see the fingers more on the keys or the pen in motion but they are not in control of what is said.

For some the writings are form tansmediumship where one has Spirit contacts. This can be done on many a level. Some feel comfortable enough to let the Spirit enter to them to pass on a message. While other times one is the tool for the communications. One hears the message and writes the words. One is in control of one’s mind and body but is being the tool for understandings and receiving a message. Messages from Spirit can be very personal message that go to a family member or can be general messages for the Earth.

Clairvoyance

The term Clairvoyance dates to the 17th Century with roots in French language with “clair” meaning “clear” and “voyance” meaning “ vision”. it is the pathway to gain information about a person , place or object without the use of the commonly known Five Senses. A person with the sixth sense ability is called a “Clairvoyant”.

While this can and has been tested and does at times get linked to what we call Paranormal or psychic abilities it might well simply just be a part of the MIND ( being Soul) we come forth with. It is not widely accepted by the science communities but is well studied by them so does leave one to think maybe there is truly something to it all.

Clairvoyance too is not to be confused with Mediumship or Remote Viewing. Again here both are separate things. Mediumship is the direct contact with Spirit or Ghost in communications or the access of information. Remote Viewing for the most part is the deliberate action of going to view something with or without leaving the consciousness of the body. Clairvoyance is fully “SEEING”.

Psychic Intution ;

The main difference in one that is psychic and one that is ordinary is just that psychics have learned not to ignore that inner voice. They do not put common sense in the place of intuition thoughts. Psychics have simply learned how to listen with what is often called 'inner ears' and go by more the signals given.

There are many layers to what we be, but we too all be in the same genetic make up our DNA. Just that not all go forth to do things with the ablilities we have. That is maybe for the same reasons some of us choose certain career paths. It is simply what might call out to us.

It was asked if Medium's help other's I personally feel for me that is YES as a Medium/ Pshchic I so feel that I am there for other's along their paths in a possitive and benifiical way. Always respectful that what I share or say is for their Higher and Greater Good. That its not something I would say if it did not have meaning for them that would bring them some peace or move them forwards in a possitive way.

Too I am the first to admit there is YET no proof that one's like me are real, and that is fine. If one knows well whom one is and respects that one works in the White Light then maybe that is one's life path for one's Soul.

The thoughts I put here are mine and are open for debate, as it is simply how I see things no right and not wrong.

Lynn