Spiritual Forums

Home

Donate!

Articles

CHAT!

Shop

Welcome to Spiritual Forums!.

We created this community for people from all backgrounds to discuss Spiritual, Paranormal, Metaphysical, Philosophical, Supernatural, and Esoteric subjects. From Astral Projection to Zen, all topics are welcome. We hope you enjoy your visits.

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest, which gives you limited access to most discussions and articles. By joining our free community you will be able to post messages, communicate privately with other members (PM), respond to polls, upload your own photos, and gain access to our Chat Rooms, Registration is fast, simple, and free, so please, join our community today! !

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, check our FAQs before contacting support. Please read our forum rules, since they are enforced by our volunteer staff. This will help you avoid any infractions and issues.

Go Back   Spiritual Forums > Complementary Therapies & Traditional Medicine > Natural Remedies

Prev Previous Post   Next Post Next
Old 20-07-2014, 04:18 AM
Master
Quote:
Originally Posted by Running Zack

Aside from that, I've had a few periods of weeks or months where it's tough to swallow food. I don't know if there's a relation to the above, unless an 8 year old kid can already have esophageal damage.

A few weeks or months of not eating!@ That can definitely cause lots of problems --esophageal or otherwise!

OK. I take that your dislike of eating came from some feeling of being trapped at the table. [If I thought it would help in the discussion at all, I'd wonder if this was a past-life thing, because almost everyone begins eating in a "trapped" position. The baby is "trapped" when breast feeding. Kids are strapped into high chairs, sat in them next to tables, tucked into restaurant high chairs. It is somewhat common.]

And so just eating in the living room allowed you to relax about eating? So, now, at age 20--you can eat where/when you like, right?

Were there lots of rules around eating in your house? I'm sorry, but I'm still looking for a reason for the extreme resistance. To me it's like saying, I don't like to breathe. It's kind of inconceivable to me. And when you talk about not being able to eat for long periods of time as if it is nothing, I question more.

To me (and I may be all wet here), there is something that doesn't make sense in this story. It seems as if you are focusing on things that happened much later than this whole pattern began--like summertime or winter or stress. But this went a long time without being addressed--or being denied, which is more what it feels like to me.

I know you're here to pursue the problem, but it still feels like you are dismissing large parts of this as "normal". This is as basic to survival as you can get (save breathing), so it is a big deal.

Am I the only one who sees this story this way? Sorry not to be more helpful, Zack (not your real name)!

Lora