Spiritual Forums

Home

Donate!

Articles

CHAT!

Shop

Welcome to Spiritual Forums!.

We created this community for people from all backgrounds to discuss Spiritual, Paranormal, Metaphysical, Philosophical, Supernatural, and Esoteric subjects. From Astral Projection to Zen, all topics are welcome. We hope you enjoy your visits.

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest, which gives you limited access to most discussions and articles. By joining our free community you will be able to post messages, communicate privately with other members (PM), respond to polls, upload your own photos, and gain access to our Chat Rooms, Registration is fast, simple, and free, so please, join our community today! !

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, check our FAQs before contacting support. Please read our forum rules, since they are enforced by our volunteer staff. This will help you avoid any infractions and issues.

Go Back   Spiritual Forums > Lifestyle > Health

Old 23-01-2011, 11:51 AM
Rat spirit

Dry, Itchy Scalp...How to get relief?

I've had a dry, itchy, flaky scalp for a long time now and it's driving me mad. I also get a few scabs (sorry if a bit yukky) on one side of my head only and they often itch too. My whole scalp feels tight all the time and I feel quite stressed what with the itching and the tightness.

I started using Jason organic shampoos quite a long time ago, so it's not down to SLS or anything like that. Also, I eat quite a healthy diet and have recently started taking Omega 3 and Flax oil capsules. So I just don't know why my head is still so dry. I don't suffer from dry hair too, it's just my scalp, so I don't really want to put too many oily things on my head, as this will probably just make my hair greasy and lank.
Old 23-01-2011, 02:36 PM
Master
Hi here's a link I found on things you can try: http://searchwarp.com/swa214765.htm

It isn't about karma. It is about love. Love is beyond karma. Karma can be very easily neutralized with Love.

I don't share my thoughts because I think it will change the minds that think differently.

I share my thoughts to show the people who already think like me that they're not alone.

"Good bits of wisdom Elfay the future isn't carved in stone, it is a book waiting to be written." - Adrienne
Old 23-01-2011, 02:45 PM
Summerland

Try a hot oil treatment of OLIVE OIL. Put it on the dry scalp and wrap a moist hot cloth around your head. Either microwave the cloth to keep it hot or rewet it with hot water. Then when you are ready you can get a small fine tooth comb to loosen the dry areas, add shampoo (NO water) rub in good, add a bit of warm water to lather, rinse, reshampoo and rinse again. Olive oil is wonderful for all sorts of dry skin. You can add a few drops of essential oil if you don't like the olive smell. I use peppermint in olive oil for a body oil.
Old 23-01-2011, 03:28 PM
Rat spirit

Thanks Elfay and Summerland.

Will give some of those things a try!
Old 23-01-2011, 03:50 PM
Master
I've been meaning to try some fresh aloe vera although it will be messy to process, but very effective, it's worked on other skin problems. I might look in the stores to see what kind of products they have - maybe just straight aloe juice or gel from the store.

Old 23-01-2011, 04:17 PM
Ladofthelight

Or you could just stop washing your hair all together....

Just rinse it every day. If you can get past the "normalizing" process, you will find your hair is not oily, and your dandruff goes away.
Old 23-01-2011, 04:23 PM
Master

The problem may be androgens. Nizoral is an OTC medicinal shampoo that is an anti-androgenic. It also has a prescription strength
Old 23-01-2011, 04:25 PM
Master
Does the product explain 'androgens' on the box? I'd like to know more. What can you tell us, SeaZen about them? (briefly)

Old 23-01-2011, 06:06 PM
Master

Quote:
Originally Posted by Silvergirl
Does the product explain 'androgens' on the box? I'd like to know more. What can you tell us, SeaZen about them? (briefly)

Im not sure silvergirl. Rosewater summed up androgens quite nicely. Androgens on the scalp are responsible for some of the symptoms mentioned earlier as well as a burning sensation on the scalp and hair loss and nizoral has been proven to neutralize the effect of androgens.
Old 23-01-2011, 05:42 PM
Master
androgens are male hormones, dht could be the culprit, as can stress, lack of sleep, using hair products that cause build up like gel etc

you should try oiling your hair, i reccomend using jojoba oil as it regulates sebum and add in a little tea tree oil

i also reccomend making a hair rinse of rosemary, basil and sage that should bring immediate relief

Jason products can dry out your hair as can a lot of organic shampoos unfornately.