Spiritual Forums

Home

Donate!

Articles

CHAT!

Shop

Welcome to Spiritual Forums!.

We created this community for people from all backgrounds to discuss Spiritual, Paranormal, Metaphysical, Philosophical, Supernatural, and Esoteric subjects. From Astral Projection to Zen, all topics are welcome. We hope you enjoy your visits.

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest, which gives you limited access to most discussions and articles. By joining our free community you will be able to post messages, communicate privately with other members (PM), respond to polls, upload your own photos, and gain access to our Chat Rooms, Registration is fast, simple, and free, so please, join our community today! !

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, check our FAQs before contacting support. Please read our forum rules, since they are enforced by our volunteer staff. This will help you avoid any infractions and issues.

Go Back   Spiritual Forums > Most Anything > The Sanctuary

Old 14-08-2014, 09:13 PM
Super Moderator
Random acts of kindness?

I was wondering...has anyone here been the recipient of any random acts of kindness from another human being, particularly from strangers? And what is your story?
Old 14-08-2014, 10:05 PM
Newbie ;)
Knower

I remember one time back in the 90's while my daughter and I were at a convenient store, our truck was running hot and smoking from under the hood. I noticed it and popped the hood open. And no sooner than I did that, this old man appeared from somewhere mumbling like he was in a bad mood and asked if he could put some water in it, and he finds a bucket and puts water in the radiator, and that cooled it down. I told him thank you, and he walked away around the side of the store mumbling the whole time.

Another time, a different car went dead on me at a red light, and I started waving my arm for people to go around me, but the sweet lady behind me pulls up beside me and asked if I wanted to use her phone, and she said for me to get in my car and steer and she would use her car and slightly push me with her car across the street to the grass.
During those hard years, there was ALWAYS someone near at the very right moment.
Old 15-08-2014, 04:36 PM
Pathfinder

I found this awesome organization a few months ago that is dedicated to just kindness and helping others! Look up "The Random Act (.org)"
Old 19-08-2014, 09:18 PM
Super Moderator
PilotOfTime -what an amazing group of people on thereandomact.org
Even if each person did only one small kindness to someone else -sometimes -it changes that person's world ever so slightly for the better, doesn't it?

Once I was absolutely penniless. I had been helping someone and his dog. Helping them had more or less cleaned me out of money, and I had not even enough money to catch the bus into town. But I had to get to town so that I could work doing gardening for an old lady that day. I got paid each day I worked, in cash. But at that moment I had only pennies left.
I decided to walk/jog the 5 miles into town.
I was walking along a country lane to get to the main road when I spotted a man walking towards me. This man was wearing Indian clothing, all white cotton, but no Turban. He looked very smart, but I thought it was very strange to see a man like that on those lanes. People hardly ever walk there -except on a sunny Sunday afternoon, with their dogs. Everyone drives, and passers-by on foot are not all that common.
As we approached each other he stopped to ask directions, and we got chatting. I told him I was walking to town and he asked why. So I said it was because I didn't have money for the bus fare, until I finished work later. Then I told him I had to go because I would be late otherwise.
Something very strange happened! He pulled out a wallet, opened it, and I saw that it was full of paper money. He told me to take anything I wanted out of the wallet -any amount!
Of course I couldn't! I laughed, and thanked him but said I would be okay.
But he wanted me to take some, and after a friendly 'argument' with him, I realised he really meant it. I didn't want to offend him, so looked quickly for a small note. There were no small notes. Only £20 notes.So I took one.
He held the wallet out still, and asked me if I wanted more -did I have as much as I needed?
I couldn't take any more! I thanked him very much indeed, and said the one note was more than enough, and I wished many blessings to him for such unusual kindness to a complete stranger.

He smiled, was happy, put the wallet away, wished me well, and we parted company.
I never -ever -saw him again.

That may sound unbelievable but it's true. And was one of the most unique experiences of my life.
Old 19-08-2014, 09:27 PM
Badger1777

Loads of times. But I'll limit myself to two examples, at opposite ends of the 'seriousness' scale.

When I was 17, I had a dog that I loved very much. I was also completely broke. One day she had a heart attack, and was in a very bad way. I carried her in my arms all the way to the vets, where they did some emergency work that ultimately gave her another 6 months or so have decent life. I had no money except a few pence in my pocket, which I put in their collection tin. They knew that, but saved my dog anyway. They would not have been unreasonable, given her state when I took her in, to just let her die. She was unconscious and limp and barely breathing. She might have lasted a few more hours at most. But no, they (multiple veterinary surgeons working together) used all sorts of medications and did all sorts of work, and my dog actually walked unaided out of the surgery and had a decent few more months of life that she wouldn't otherwise have had.

At the completely trivial end of the scale, my wife and I once bought fish and chips from a newly opened chippy. I somehow managed to drop my fish on the floor before I'd even taken one bite. I had no money to buy another, but the lady that ran the chippy saw what happened, and gave me another one for free. Sounds trivial, but that meant a lot to me.
Old 19-08-2014, 09:35 PM
Gracey

just today two different people held the door for me at two different times. While crossing the street at two different times, traffic stopped for us to cross.

what i did, wait patiently while someone was in an aisle looking for something.

no big amazing things, just small acts of kindness.
Old 22-10-2014, 12:43 AM
Master
Quote:
Originally Posted by Gracey
just today two different people held the door for me at two different times. While crossing the street at two different times, traffic stopped for us to cross.

what i did, wait patiently while someone was in an aisle looking for something.

no big amazing things, just small acts of kindness.

That's happens all the time for attractive women, and just women in general.

But yes i agree, i mentioned something similar in my space. Its the small gestures in life that inspire me most and up lift me in life, smile from a stranger, someone holding a door open for me, a nice conversation with a stranger etc....

Its horrible when you do something nice for somebody, and then just rush past you and don't even say thank you.
Old 22-10-2014, 04:54 PM
Gracey

Quote:
Originally Posted by MIND POWER
That's happens all the time for attractive women, and just women in general.

But yes i agree, i mentioned something similar in my space. Its the small gestures in life that inspire me most and up lift me in life, smile from a stranger, someone holding a door open for me, a nice conversation with a stranger etc....

Its horrible when you do something nice for somebody, and then just rush past you and don't even say thank you.

as that stereotype is true at times, sometimes it is not. today while approaching walmart, an attractive woman about my age saw me coming, so she held the door and waited for me to get there. i also got lots of smiles at the store and gave lots out too, some receptive and some not.

today i helped a woman at the gym with a machine and i directed a child who was lost to his mama.

let them keep on rushing mind power. all any of us can do is be who we are.
Old 22-10-2014, 06:34 PM
Master
Quote:
Originally Posted by Gracey
as that stereotype is true at times, sometimes it is not. today while approaching walmart, an attractive woman about my age saw me coming, so she held the door and waited for me to get there. i also got lots of smiles at the store and gave lots out too, some receptive and some not.

today i helped a woman at the gym with a machine and i directed a child who was lost to his mama.

let them keep on rushing mind power. all any of us can do is be who we are.

That women probably feels good about herself who held the door open for you, if i am annoyed "Because of no sleep" on some days i will try too do afew kind gestures. I am cynical of people most of the time though........

Yes its nice when strangers you don't know, smile and say hello.

Those small gestures are uplifting.
Old 19-08-2014, 10:00 PM
Master
Tobi, your story touched me deeply.
This man did not cross your path by coincidence...he was sent to specifically help you.
How blessed you are!

Last week while in the bank, I saw an elderly woman trying to push through the heavy doors in order make her way down the (many) stairs onto the street where she'd wait for her ride.....my heart broke to the sight of the
weakness in her arms and legs, but the determination in her eyes to make it through... I went over and had her lean on me as we made our way through and down the stairs...she was so grateful and the blessings i received were above and beyond... for me, it was the humane thing to do...