Spiritual Forums

Home

Donate!

Articles

CHAT!

Shop

Welcome to Spiritual Forums!.

We created this community for people from all backgrounds to discuss Spiritual, Paranormal, Metaphysical, Philosophical, Supernatural, and Esoteric subjects. From Astral Projection to Zen, all topics are welcome. We hope you enjoy your visits.

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest, which gives you limited access to most discussions and articles. By joining our free community you will be able to post messages, communicate privately with other members (PM), respond to polls, upload your own photos, and gain access to our Chat Rooms, Registration is fast, simple, and free, so please, join our community today! !

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, check our FAQs before contacting support. Please read our forum rules, since they are enforced by our volunteer staff. This will help you avoid any infractions and issues.

Go Back   Spiritual Forums > Spirituality & Beliefs > Spiritual Development

Old 03-08-2013, 01:06 AM
1OneLove1

The "I AM" concept

Ok I have read several links on this but I don't get it. Like at all. Can someone explain it for me in super easy terms?

Thanks!!
Old 03-08-2013, 01:52 AM
Deactivated Account
You Are. Aren't you? Of course you are. I can read your message. You exist.
You Are!
Old 03-08-2013, 06:50 AM
Suspended
Master
Its your point of perception .

x dazzle x
Old 06-08-2013, 01:28 AM
1OneLove1

Hmm helping a bit but I need more info! bump!
Old 08-08-2013, 10:08 PM
Jason Howe

See if this helps...

Most people think that they are their minds and everything that includes - thoughts, feelings, emotions, judgments, labels, their past story and future worries and goals. They would say all of this totaled up is "them" and that's how they see the world from moment-to-moment day-to-day. All of that is real BUT...

It's not really you because you are not your mind. You can actually pull your perception back from your mind and observe your thoughts. If you can do that, that means that you're not your mind. Then what are you?

You are the awareness that has always silently observed your mind. What is this awareness? It's calm, centered, eternal, blissful, timeless (has no concept of past or future - it's always only in the present moment). You are that.

This awareness has been called many things... awareness, consciousness, the spark of life, God, love... I AM.

This is all just words but the beauty of this is that you can actually experience this. When you focus on your inner awareness, what happens? The ego and all of its turmoil simmers down - emotions naturally die down. In its place a wonderful bliss blossoms. What this means on a moment-by-moment basis is that you stop judging and labeling things as you experience them and you don't worry about what's going to happen - you're constantly in the moment - just experiencing it like a child.

I mean this literally - no anger, no worry, no stress, no defense mechanisms, you're calm, cool and collect (well, most of the time - you can easily slip back into your ego from moment to moment!). It's wonderful and good stuff! It opens you up and you experience life in a much fuller way and it helps those around you because you're no longer ping-ponging between your emotions but are simply there in the moment enjoying and experiencing them. Yes, it's really possible to have this type of perception and experience of life - it's the most healthy, open, real way to experience this thing called live that's been given to us.

None of this is supernatural, metaphysical or spiritual - a lot of people would just call it maturing or growing up! Many business people, athletes and just ordinary day-to-day people are constantly focused and in the moment - the "zone". But some of the more "spiritual" aspects come from when you realize and experience that the same awareness that I am is the same awareness that you are - we're all one, we're all god, we're all one big consciousness experiencing and interacting with itself. We're I AM.

And when you peel back the layers of your ego, you go further and further until you realize that not only are you NOT the story/identity that your ego made you think you are all along, but that actually there's... no one there. You are no one and no thing (nothing). That's the great mystery of life... and it's wonderful :)
Old 08-08-2013, 10:52 PM
Experiencer

For me "I Am" meaning is that you are connected to everything. Helping others is helping yourself, etc
Old 08-08-2013, 11:19 PM
Neville

I think Descartes said "I think therefore I am " which echoes nicely what others have said is a fixed point of perception.

I Am is in fact You. The central point of your experience , everything in the World/ Universe happens around you as the central point of your existence.

And this is the model of creation, it's template.

The Moon revolves around the earth. The Earth revolves around the Sun,

The Milky Way
well it to has a centre around which all else revolves.

The Ancients were well aware of this principle incidentally

Science is catching up now .

The analogy the Christian Bile uses is "God made Man in his own image"

But I think it's all cycles within cycles, Microcosm's and Macrocosm's,

Which , I think, is why those who would suggest that we are at one with all things, do not do so at the expense of their own individuality.
Old 09-08-2013, 12:24 AM
Jason Howe

Quote:
Originally Posted by Neville
Which , I think, is why those who would suggest that we are at one with all things, do not do so at the expense of their own individuality.
Like how an individual wave is a part of the ocean. It has individually and is one with the entire ocean at the same time.
Old 09-08-2013, 12:31 AM
Master
I AM Itself,- BEINGNESS is GOD

Individualized I ams are souls, individual beings of the Being, spirits of the Spirit.

I am, therefore I think!
Old 09-08-2013, 01:35 AM
Gracey

The word ego means "I, self." Am is a verb...what you put after I am is important for your subconscious believes what you tell yourself.

I AM by itself is oneness.