Spiritual Forums

Home

Donate!

Articles

CHAT!

Shop

Welcome to Spiritual Forums!.

We created this community for people from all backgrounds to discuss Spiritual, Paranormal, Metaphysical, Philosophical, Supernatural, and Esoteric subjects. From Astral Projection to Zen, all topics are welcome. We hope you enjoy your visits.

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest, which gives you limited access to most discussions and articles. By joining our free community you will be able to post messages, communicate privately with other members (PM), respond to polls, upload your own photos, and gain access to our Chat Rooms, Registration is fast, simple, and free, so please, join our community today! !

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, check our FAQs before contacting support. Please read our forum rules, since they are enforced by our volunteer staff. This will help you avoid any infractions and issues.

Go Back   Spiritual Forums > Religions & Faiths > Wicca

Old 10-01-2012, 12:02 AM
Master

Warned not to be involved in black magick

Just had a reading and one of the first things was a warning not to get involved in black magick in the future.

The reader was freaked by it as much as me as I don't actively practise..

Not sure what spirit was telling me, any ideas??
Old 10-01-2012, 12:14 AM
Quintessence

In my experience, few who practice spellcraft refer to magic as being "black" or "white." Energy is energy. It in of itself is devoid of moral qualities (I'm making the assumption here that by "black" you mean "evil"). It is what it is. Individuals using it can have morally acceptable or unacceptable behaviors, yes, but the implement itself does not have a moral character.

As for what the spirit was telling you, who knows? Spirits can have agendas or be mistaken just like people, yes? You could interpret this as anything from "the spirit is trying to keep me from coming into my own power" to "the spirit is wanting to protect me from things that make me uncomfortable." Without knowing what the Spirit is in particular, there really is no way of saying.
Old 10-01-2012, 12:53 AM
nightowl

It could simple mean that whatever gifting you move in can temp some to move in the direction of such things. Personally for me, I will share this, just as an example, what I move in I have been cautioned many times to not fall prey to this temptation, it is just part of some abilities. Anything can be perverted or used for selfish intent, a caution as I see it is just a friendly check for my spirit, not anything to worry about of course unless you forget the caution.
Old 10-01-2012, 02:03 AM
Ascender
Perhaps spirit knew that if the reader started dabbling in the darker side of spellcraft, the reader would get lost in the darker side and spirit wanted to issue a warning.

Maybe like issuing a warning about alcohol to a latent alcoholic.
Old 10-01-2012, 02:13 AM
Occultist

Black Magick is not evil as it is more of an manipulative type of magick from the heart of the Witch. Magick is pure humans make it what they want it to be manipulation is black. If I bound an ex by from hurting me I used my blood the hair of my cat a cobweb to catch him a dead fly to lure him into my trap cat poop and many other nasty thing to slow him down and snare him hex signs so he cant get out of my spell and from doing harm again. its still coming from a black place not Satanic or evil persay just dark. no rede no bad luck to me just not the right way to do something. Do you wish harm on someone?
Old 10-01-2012, 08:27 AM
Master
The path I follow is "crooked", veering from left to right-hand paths. I serve Nature and some of the things I get involved in help one species by "hurting" another - example : positive actions to support our native red squirrel while carrying out pest control measures on the grey. Planting saplings with protective tubes to stop the rabbits from nibbling the young bark and killing the tree, but reducing the food availability for the rabbit. Most conservation jobs have a dark side to them because of the "flavour" of the Will and Intent that I put into it. I help protect raptors on the moors which is obviously bad news for their prey. I have no problem with this duality because I know that Nature is neutral, neither black or white.
Old 10-01-2012, 08:51 AM
Master

I guess I was freaked as it was a statement made and yes Nightowl and Triner are correct..it was a warning not to do any magic as it can be veered in the wrong direction.

Just a bit scary as I am not good at controlling my power which is why I guess I was warned. First time I ever ever been warned so directly.

Difficult Occultist as I am so sensitive I cannot let go of some emotions that I pick up no matter how hard I try.. but this my path to learn I guess.
Old 10-01-2012, 08:57 PM
Occultist

Quote:
Originally Posted by froebellian
I guess I was freaked as it was a statement made and yes Nightowl and Triner are correct..it was a warning not to do any magic as it can be veered in the wrong direction.

Just a bit scary as I am not good at controlling my power which is why I guess I was warned. First time I ever ever been warned so directly.

Difficult Occultist as I am so sensitive I cannot let go of some emotions that I pick up no matter how hard I try.. but this my path to learn I guess.

sensitive people make the weave the magicks. If you are uncomfortable in doing something simply do not do it.
Old 10-01-2012, 09:12 PM
nightowl

Quote:
Originally Posted by Occultist
sensitive people make the weave the magicks. If you are uncomfortable in doing something simply do not do it.

This is very true, good point O...
Old 10-01-2012, 08:54 AM
Master

For the record, I don't believe in black or white..all is grey as we manipulate against natural forces.