Spiritual Forums

Home

Donate!

Articles

CHAT!

Shop

Welcome to Spiritual Forums!.

We created this community for people from all backgrounds to discuss Spiritual, Paranormal, Metaphysical, Philosophical, Supernatural, and Esoteric subjects. From Astral Projection to Zen, all topics are welcome. We hope you enjoy your visits.

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest, which gives you limited access to most discussions and articles. By joining our free community you will be able to post messages, communicate privately with other members (PM), respond to polls, upload your own photos, and gain access to our Chat Rooms, Registration is fast, simple, and free, so please, join our community today! !

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, check our FAQs before contacting support. Please read our forum rules, since they are enforced by our volunteer staff. This will help you avoid any infractions and issues.

Go Back   Spiritual Forums > Most Anything > Philosophy & Theory

Old 31-07-2011, 02:17 AM
Kimani

My theory of personality types

Hello, My name is Kimani Shorter and I'm promoting my theory of personality types. This is a summary of my theory and the three types I came up with. It reconfigures some of Carl Jung's archetypes and some of the types found on the DSM (Diagnostic and Statistical Manual of Mental Disorders) into something new.

The Triad Quantum

Math can be used to understand the human condition. Metaphysics and modern psychology are explored using a formula. This formula transcends those beliefs.

Archetypes are primal symbols of people. These same archetypes are building blocks in determining personalities. Many individual archetypes are found in people at the same time / over a lifetime. These archetypes separately show fragments of people's unconscious minds. These archetypes combined display a large part or portion of the unconscious mind. When organized into groups of two they spell out psychological conditions. What seems random at first becomes very familiar when placed in a different context.

There are six archetypes in this equation. Each archetype represents a distinctive trait. The Child relies upon others. The Hero is troubled. The Mother is empathetic and comforting. The Shadow is a symbol of apathy. The Trickster lacks morals and standards. The Wise Old Man is insightful.

The six archetypes are divided into three sets. There are two archetypes in each set. The combination of the two archetypes in each set results in a model for psychological conditions. What makes people unique and special is determined by what archetypes are found in them the most.

My theory believes that certain specific archetypes can be applied to the disorder or condition that you have. I've taken six of Carl Jung's archetypes and paired each two of them together. The two archetypes are then matched to several disorders because of their equivalency. The end result is three distinct types. Each type is defined by two archetypes.

The insightful nature of the Wise Old Man archetype and the troubled nature of the Hero archetype are equivalent to the brilliant but withdrawn nature of people with Asperger's and Bipolar Disorder.

The devoted nature of the Mother archetype and the vulnerable nature of the Child archetype are equivalent to the nurturing dependent nature of people with Codepenency Personality Disorder, Dependent Personality Disorder and Avoidant Personality Disorder. The apathetic nature of the Shadow archetype and the sneaky nature of the The Trickster archetype are equivalent to the apathetic manipulative nature of people with Narcissistic Personality disorder, Borderline personality disorder, Histrionic personality disorder and Sociopathy.

There are eleven psychological conditions / types used in this concept. They are Asperger's Syndrome, Bipolar 1, Bipolar 2, Cyclothymia, Avoidant, Codependency, Dependent, Borderline, Histrionic, Narcissism, and Soctiopathy. The similar elements of these conditions unify them. They form an entity. These entities are used to define an individual. A person will gravitate towards one of these three entities much more than any of the others. Three characters are used to symbolize humanity. Society is divided into three essential segments.

Artistry Professionalism Opportunism

The Designer The Professional The Charmer

The Designer

Archetypes:
The Hero - troubled
The Wise Old Man - profound
Tendencies: withdrawn, creative / insightful
Dominant Capabilities: composing, equating, calculating
Conditions: Asperger's Syndrome, Bipolar Spectrum

The Professional

Archetypes:
The Child - dependency, vulnerable
The Mother - nurturing, devoted
Tendencies: generosity, dedication, sacrifice, humility
Dominant Capabilities: consoling, comforting, compromising
Conditions: Avoidant, Codependency, Dependent

The Charmer

Archetypes:
The Shadow - apathy
The Trickster - devious, sneaky
Tendencies: impulsive, manipulative, hateful
Dominant Capabilities: enticing, seducing, tempting, exploiting
Conditions: Borderline, Histrionic, Narcissism, Sociopathy
Old 15-08-2011, 09:58 PM
numerouno

Psychology and its truth would you say is also dependent on the psychological standing of the psychologist.

Carl Jung, also believed in the supernatural or atleast investigated it to a point which mainstream psychology wouldn't even bother and for most part still do. Since it appears from the documented work on Carl, indicate that he believed certain incidents were paranormal.

Wouldn't this affect your area of study.
Old 25-08-2011, 10:28 PM
Kimani

I'm not going to completely write off the prospect of the paranormal. I'm a very open minded person. But I'm more interested in the metaphysical theories of Jung. I'm trying to build and expand upon his theories and beliefs about the unconscious mind.
Old 25-08-2011, 11:34 PM
Enlightener

There's something about the concept of 12 archetypes that feels, really.. congruent for me.

And plus, you missed out the Lover and the King. I can see the old wise man being the Magician, and what of the Diety/Buddha, I really like the idea of the Buddha being an archetype.

12 archetypes line up with the 12 chakra system, and the 12 aspects of astrology, not to mention the 12 planets in the solar system.

You can still use the triad quantum, lining it up as so..

Hero
Wise old man/magician
Buddha

Child
Mother
Lover

Shadow
Trickster
King

You may have to rework it somewhat, but this is what I see.
Old 26-08-2011, 12:48 AM
Kimani

I'm currently in the process of developing a quiz / questionnaire to determine which of the three types you are.
Old 26-08-2011, 01:35 AM
Enlightener

Cool!
Old 28-08-2011, 08:51 AM
abikisses

You might wish to take a look at Caroline Myss work, for research purposes of course! ;o)

Wishing you well in developing your theory

Blesings
Abikisses _/\_

http://www.myss.com/library/contracts/determine.asp

Actor
Anarchist
Bureaucrat
Caregiver
Companion
Crone
Detective
Diplomat