Spiritual Forums

Home

Donate!

Articles

CHAT!

Shop

Welcome to Spiritual Forums!.

We created this community for people from all backgrounds to discuss Spiritual, Paranormal, Metaphysical, Philosophical, Supernatural, and Esoteric subjects. From Astral Projection to Zen, all topics are welcome. We hope you enjoy your visits.

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest, which gives you limited access to most discussions and articles. By joining our free community you will be able to post messages, communicate privately with other members (PM), respond to polls, upload your own photos, and gain access to our Chat Rooms, Registration is fast, simple, and free, so please, join our community today! !

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, check our FAQs before contacting support. Please read our forum rules, since they are enforced by our volunteer staff. This will help you avoid any infractions and issues.

Go Back   Spiritual Forums > Most Anything > Lounge

Old 24-12-2022, 02:49 PM
Master

All sport...

As suggested, for all of us that love sport , Any sport , post here ..
Old 25-12-2022, 02:02 PM
Master

So it's been announced that Liverpool ladies team have signed Gemma Bonner again , after her stint in America.
I love Gemma...
My son's classmate !
Old 25-12-2022, 02:15 PM
Master

Re Lfc

Wow I didn’t know that. Haven’t followed the ladies team much. I know I should do tho.
Old 25-12-2022, 02:34 PM
Master

Quote:
Originally Posted by Redchic12
Wow I didn’t know that. Haven’t followed the ladies team much. I know I should do tho.
Yes , she played for them before ... Also Chelsea, and capped for England....
It's great when you know them personally...
She was amazing.
The only lass that was allowed to play in the lads footy team at school she was that good !!
Old 25-12-2022, 04:07 PM
Master
Not heard of that player,think Leeds ladies fairly low in the leagues.We had a girl playing for an under12s team I used to play for the only famousish players that were part of later teams were Trevor Ross and a Blackburn reserve goal keeper,I am sure though that David Batty or a lookalike played in one of the Sunday leagues we were part of(at one stage we tried to get a mixed team going,some good training sessions but never got of the ground)I never liked the seriousness of the game when it got to a certain level,some of them knocked the fun out of it.
Old 25-12-2022, 04:20 PM
Master

Hi POD , may well of been David Batty.
Of course we knew the Yoraths too , Jordan , the youngest in one of my other sons class .
Lovely family.
I sat next to lad at school that was a child actor and went on to become a TV presenter , but that was not sport related LOL..

You were talking about chess before.
I can't play chess, but was surprised ( don't quite know why) to learn from that gentleman that it's big in India ..
He was saying football not as popular as cricket over there, but I wasn't expecting chess !
Old 25-12-2022, 04:39 PM
Master
I met a chap who was writing a böok on chess,it was him who told me it started in the Vedic times,have not looked into the history of the game though and I expect there will be dispute about it's origin(one take on history via the Vedas is that the whole globe was India,a Vedic culture,which has shrank to what we know todax as that country)
Old 26-12-2022, 07:55 AM
Master

Quote:
Originally Posted by Podshell
I met a chap who was writing a böok on chess,it was him who told me it started in the Vedic times,have not looked into the history of the game though and I expect there will be dispute about it's origin(one take on history via the Vedas is that the whole globe was India,a Vedic culture,which has shrank to what we know todax as that country)
Goodness podders .... As if I don't have enough to think about without all this to keep me awake at night LOL.....
A girls got to sleep don't you know ?? Heehee.

I mean , in a quiz I could name all the bits .....
Kings ,queens, prawns, rooks , castles and them other things !!
But I wouldn't know where to put them or what to do with them....

Nah.... I'm more a .... Oh gosh ... Can't remember the name !
What's it called ... ?
Black and white chequers where you say "king me "
What the heck it called ?!!!
Old 26-12-2022, 08:28 PM
Master
Quote:
Originally Posted by AngelBlue

I mean , in a quiz I could name all the bits .....
Kings ,queens, prawns, rooks , castles and them other things !!
But I wouldn't know where to put them or what to do with them

Well you could use the ' prawns ' for a lovely Curry with boiled rice and a portion of chips, yummy, or mybe a crispy Stir Fry with Rice Noodles, use your imagination AB
Old 18-02-2023, 12:52 PM
Master

Re UEFA

Just found out that UEFA received 9,000 complaints from LFC and Madrid supporters about the final. Wow, I thought it was only 3,000.

Apparently the independent panel recommended 21 changes to be done at all venues for European championship games.

I wonder if that will get done hey?