Spiritual Forums

Home

Donate!

Articles

CHAT!

Shop

Welcome to Spiritual Forums!.

We created this community for people from all backgrounds to discuss Spiritual, Paranormal, Metaphysical, Philosophical, Supernatural, and Esoteric subjects. From Astral Projection to Zen, all topics are welcome. We hope you enjoy your visits.

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest, which gives you limited access to most discussions and articles. By joining our free community you will be able to post messages, communicate privately with other members (PM), respond to polls, upload your own photos, and gain access to our Chat Rooms, Registration is fast, simple, and free, so please, join our community today! !

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, check our FAQs before contacting support. Please read our forum rules, since they are enforced by our volunteer staff. This will help you avoid any infractions and issues.

Go Back   Spiritual Forums > Spirituality & Beliefs > Past Lives & Reincarnation

Old 01-10-2022, 07:24 AM
asearcher

Link, topic: past life addiction

Here is a link I wish to share to an article named This Woman Claims Remembering Her Past Life as an Aztec Cured Her Food Addiction

The thought hit me if my ex's addiction had been the same or something caused it originating from a past life. I can not say I have seen any glimpses of him from a past life causing this, but still chose to search on it.

He was born and growing up in an atmosphere where this was around and I hit a nerve when asking his parent of support (emotional) to get him to Rehab, when I said that this could be a genetic cause.

I was young when thrown into this sort of situation and I thought at the time I was resilient but did not expect the mental/psychological effect, the something called denial and co-dependence.

I always spoke in "we"-term. Once someone told me that it was him and not we or us, and my immediate reaction was that I was not going to loose him to that (alcoholism).

Last edited by asearcher : 01-10-2022 at 12:46 PM.
Old 01-10-2022, 01:20 PM
For me...This is a very interesting thread you have started.

*I'll text in Navy Blue when I'm speaking as a Mod. :)

Prepare yourself for the coming astral journey of death by daily riding in the balloon of God-perception.
Through delusion you are perceiving yourself as a bundle of flesh and bones, which at best is a nest of troubles.
Meditate unceasingly, that you may quickly behold yourself as the Infinite Essence, free from every form of misery. ~Paramahansa's Guru's Guru

Old 01-10-2022, 02:46 PM
Master

Amazing that people believe in reincarnation….
Old 01-10-2022, 02:49 PM
Amazing people have never had a glimpse of a past life to know we have had many. Left brainers usually do not.
Quote:
Originally Posted by Molearner
Amazing that people believe in reincarnation….

Prepare yourself for the coming astral journey of death by daily riding in the balloon of God-perception.
Through delusion you are perceiving yourself as a bundle of flesh and bones, which at best is a nest of troubles.
Meditate unceasingly, that you may quickly behold yourself as the Infinite Essence, free from every form of misery. ~Paramahansa's Guru's Guru

Old 01-10-2022, 04:09 PM
Master

Quote:
Originally Posted by Miss Hepburn
Amazing people have never had a glimpse of a past life to know we have had many. Left brainers usually do not.

More amazing for me is the necessity of repeated reincarnations. Hard to accept that few can get it right the first time…….:)
Old 01-10-2022, 04:26 PM
Master

Reincarnation probably is the fear or reluctance of abandoning duality……
Old 01-10-2022, 05:29 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by Molearner
More amazing for me is the necessity of repeated reincarnations.
Hard to accept that few can get it right the first time…….:)
Really.
It has taken me decades to learn one simple thing. And i was shown 2 other lives where i had not yet learned it either.
It's quite humbling and, well, shameful.
I am a very slow, obstinate learner; full of ego around this point.
This life I have overcome this behavior, a character flaw, about 90%, if that.
It always sobers me to speak about it.

Old 01-10-2022, 05:34 PM
Master

You call believing in reincarnation a fear? Really? You probably didn’t do the work. Believe me some of these past lives are tough. Full of trauma. You carry it until you heal it, if you don’t heal it it comes back. The only way is through.
Old 01-10-2022, 05:43 PM
Master

Quote:
Originally Posted by CosmicWonder
You call believing in reincarnation a fear? Really? You probably didn’t do the work. Believe me some of these past lives are tough. Full of trauma. You carry it until you heal it, if you don’t heal it it comes back. The only way is through.

Technically the fear is the work that must be done to achieve non-duality…..reincarnation is a way to avoid that….
Old 01-10-2022, 05:47 PM
Master

Perhaps those that understand reincarnation have a go to authoritative source ? That would be of great interest…..