Spiritual Forums

Home

Donate!

Articles

CHAT!

Shop

Welcome to Spiritual Forums!.

We created this community for people from all backgrounds to discuss Spiritual, Paranormal, Metaphysical, Philosophical, Supernatural, and Esoteric subjects. From Astral Projection to Zen, all topics are welcome. We hope you enjoy your visits.

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest, which gives you limited access to most discussions and articles. By joining our free community you will be able to post messages, communicate privately with other members (PM), respond to polls, upload your own photos, and gain access to our Chat Rooms, Registration is fast, simple, and free, so please, join our community today! !

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, check our FAQs before contacting support. Please read our forum rules, since they are enforced by our volunteer staff. This will help you avoid any infractions and issues.

Go Back   Spiritual Forums > Complementary Therapies & Traditional Medicine > Natural Remedies

Old 27-10-2020, 06:43 PM
Knower
Headache

Dear all,
I want to ask what could help getting rid of headaches, which I had quite constantly the past few days.
I used essential mint oil, which helped in the beginning.. but not anymore..

Any other ideas what could help? Anything, pretty please 🙏🏻

Thank you
Old 02-11-2020, 08:07 AM
Master

When I get a mild headache I make myself a cup of tea. I sit down and I just relax. I listen to relaxing music. It does not have to be tea, it could be coffee. My headaches goes quickly. I always drink a glass of water first.
Old 06-11-2020, 07:29 PM
Guide
Lightbulb

Have you tried massaging your head with your fingertips? Often you will find a sore/tender spot and this locates where the headache can spring from. Gentle, circular movements (with fingertips) can make the difference! Initially it might feel painful but, working very lightly, the pain often dissipates. I share this from personal experience e.g. when I used to get the onset of sinusitis (I'd massage the tender spots either side at the top of my nose.) It's acupressure by any other name.

Constant headaches may well need looking at though, i.e to be diagnosed since they can be an indicator of something else, unless you know the cause e.g. stress related. If it's this then dealing with the cause at onset would be advantageous rather than letting it develop into a headache later.
Old 08-11-2020, 10:41 AM
Knower
Quote:
Originally Posted by ameliorate
Have you tried massaging your head with your fingertips? Often you will find a sore/tender spot and this locates where the headache can spring from. Gentle, circular movements (with fingertips) can make the difference! Initially it might feel painful but, working very lightly, the pain often dissipates. I share this from personal experience e.g. when I used to get the onset of sinusitis (I'd massage the tender spots either side at the top of my nose.) It's acupressure by any other name.

Constant headaches may well need looking at though, i.e to be diagnosed since they can be an indicator of something else, unless you know the cause e.g. stress related. If it's this then dealing with the cause at onset would be advantageous rather than letting it develop into a headache later.

Thank you for your recommendation. Yeah, I’m familiar with the technique you described.
It seemed the reason was really emotional stress I had because of a sudden illness in my family. I just couldn’t see it at that time. I finally understood after feeling really drained. So the solution was detachment and self care in the end.

All the best 🙏🏻
Old 13-11-2021, 07:30 AM
Dude111

Quote:
Originally Posted by ameliorate
Have you tried massaging your head with your fingertips?
Yes that does work!!

Also pressing between your thumb and hand works also I have noticed....
Old 08-11-2020, 10:45 AM
Knower
Quote:
Originally Posted by astralsuzy
When I get a mild headache I make myself a cup of tea. I sit down and I just relax. I listen to relaxing music. It does not have to be tea, it could be coffee. My headaches goes quickly. I always drink a glass of water first.

Usually that helps, but it didn’t this time.
Fortunately I figured out the reason ( emotionally drained) and could take care of it..
Thank you anyway for caring, all the best 🙏🏻
Old 12-11-2020, 08:42 AM
Elfin

Hi... Lavender oil is often used to ease headaches/ migraines.... Either by inhaling for at least 15 minutes... Or putting a small ammount directly on forehead/temples... Lavender oil is one of the very few oils that can be used directly on skin, in small ammounts. However, in order for it to work properly, ideally you do actually have to like the smell of it. I personally don't like it, so therefore have never used it in this way, but it is meant to be quite effective..... Also I would always advise, that if any condition comes on suddenly, and persists, to check with doctor first for any further possible medical issues.
Old 13-11-2020, 10:31 AM
Knower
Quote:
Originally Posted by Elfin
Hi... Lavender oil is often used to ease headaches/ migraines.... Either by inhaling for at least 15 minutes... Or putting a small ammount directly on forehead/temples... Lavender oil is one of the very few oils that can be used directly on skin, in small ammounts. However, in order for it to work properly, ideally you do actually have to like the smell of it. I personally don't like it, so therefore have never used it in this way, but it is meant to be quite effective..... Also I would always advise, that if any condition comes on suddenly, and persists, to check with doctor first for any further possible medical issues.

Thank you Elfin, that sounds good.. I love Lavender oil, but never tried it for headaches.. I’ll try it next time, although I hope there will be no need

Wishing you good health and all the best 🙏🏻💗
Old 18-11-2020, 10:00 AM
Elfin

Quote:
Originally Posted by Miharo
Thank you Elfin, that sounds good.. I love Lavender oil, but never tried it for headaches.. I’ll try it next time, although I hope there will be no need

Wishing you good health and all the best 🙏🏻💗
Hi... I also hope there is no need...if you love the smell I would recommend you invest in a little bottle of it... Because if nothing else you might just simply like to burn it in a burner !... If you use it for headaches, and feel one coming on, you can just inhale it straight from the bottle, or as I said.. rub a little into your temple area..... I used to deal a lot with aromatherapy and had to learn all about it.
Old 18-11-2020, 11:06 AM
Knower
Quote:
Originally Posted by Elfin
Hi... I also hope there is no need...if you love the smell I would recommend you invest in a little bottle of it... Because if nothing else you might just simply like to burn it in a burner !... If you use it for headaches, and feel one coming on, you can just inhale it straight from the bottle, or as I said.. rub a little into your temple area..... I used to deal a lot with aromatherapy and had to learn all about it.

Coincidentally I always have a bottle with me, as I found it soothing to smell it in need

I’m not worried about your manners, no stress.. thank you 🙏🏻