Spiritual Forums

Home

Donate!

Articles

CHAT!

Shop

Welcome to Spiritual Forums!.

We created this community for people from all backgrounds to discuss Spiritual, Paranormal, Metaphysical, Philosophical, Supernatural, and Esoteric subjects. From Astral Projection to Zen, all topics are welcome. We hope you enjoy your visits.

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest, which gives you limited access to most discussions and articles. By joining our free community you will be able to post messages, communicate privately with other members (PM), respond to polls, upload your own photos, and gain access to our Chat Rooms, Registration is fast, simple, and free, so please, join our community today! !

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, check our FAQs before contacting support. Please read our forum rules, since they are enforced by our volunteer staff. This will help you avoid any infractions and issues.

Go Back   Spiritual Forums > Spirituality & Beliefs > Mediumship

Old 16-01-2020, 02:36 PM
Newbie ;)

How did your abilities start and how long was it until you were able to us them?

Hi Everyone,

I was wondering how your abilities first came to light and then from there how long was it before you were tuned in enough to effectively use them?

I guess I'm still trying to figure out exactly what my abilities are. I have had ringing and pressure in the ears on and off since late October and I've had 3 messages through that I know for sure were spirit. I've just started in a development class this week and I'm excited now to move forward!

I was told years ago that I was clairvoyant (about 6 years ago) and although I haven't seen anything yet (apart from some very vivid dreams), I've been told that I have seen and that I will see. Clairaudience seems to be the one making most of a racket at the moment so I guess only time will tell.

Mine started following some life trauma which I've been told is relatively common.
Old 12-02-2020, 08:58 PM
Pathfinder

Hi :),

Everyone already has the ability just most people do not notice it in their daily lives, just need to tune in to it, build up your energys and unblock/balance your charkas.

Try to do meditation "sit in the power" daily and ask your guide to blend with your energy, this could help you in your development along with other benefits.

2 years and am still in development classes, on to a point where i can physically feel an injury/condition during a reading.
Old 24-06-2021, 04:46 AM
Master
removed.

⁜⁜⁜⁜⁜⁜⁜⁜⁜⁜⁜⁜⁜⁜⁜⁜⁜⁜⁜⁜⁜⁜⁜⁜⁜⁜⁜⁜⁜⁜⁜⁜⁜⁜⁜⁜⁜⁜⁜⁜⁜⁜⁜⁜⁜⁜⁜⁜⁜⁜ ⁜⁜⁜⁜⁜⁜⁜⁜⁜⁜⁜⁜⁜⁜⁜⁜

Happiness is the result of an enlightened mind whereas suffering is caused by a distorted mind.

Last edited by BigJohn : 24-06-2021 at 10:43 AM.
Old 24-06-2021, 09:42 AM
Deactivated Account
mediumship

It's conjecture and personal belief to say we all have whatever spiritual attributes are needed to become mediums. And in saying 'mediums' I'm meaning mediums the way I've explained times-many here on SF and elsewhere.

Psychic awareness/sensitivity in itself is NOT mediumship but is vital to developing mediumship. We MAY all have an element of psychic awareness/sensitivity but for some/most/many it will not develop further. Even empaths will remain empaths, sensitives will remain sensitives etc. and don't progress to communicating with spirit individuals for the benefit of others or providing healing.

Those who think that because something is a certain way for themselves then it must be that way for everyone else are misguided and/or myopic.
Old 24-06-2021, 10:29 AM
Administrator
I would agree with that.as a point when i was younger i went to collage after work. it was a cookery come chef type course there was one man there who thought he was a chef,
he just about got through and got his diploma. he was trying for jobs as a chef he didnt get anywhere he told me the people were telling him he was a cook only he didnt have chef Qualities or Experience.

the same thing can be said in mediumship you are psychic as we all are but not all psychics are mediums

Namaste
Old 13-02-2020, 02:03 PM
Master
Hi,

My skills and abilities first surfaced when I was a child. They stayed with me through out my professional career. For me these things are natural.

There is no way for me to figure out exactly the scope of them. My human intellect would like to know a great deal more about everything. My heart is happy with where I am at.

We are all immortal spiritual beings. At some level we know everything. We are all loved and guided on how to move forward at every step of the way. Knowing how to listen and trust in that is essential. Because our intellect isolates itself, it can not know what is going on.

You could say that our duality involves the integration of our intellect with our divine nature. This is evolving our spirituality more than our skills and abilities. Those being a natural by product of being true to the self.

John

http://www.telepathyacademy.net/
Old 21-02-2020, 03:39 AM
Master
Quote:
Originally Posted by enlightened_irish
Hi Everyone,

I was wondering how your abilities first came to light and then from there how long was it before you were tuned in enough to effectively use them?

I guess I'm still trying to figure out exactly what my abilities are. I have had ringing and pressure in the ears on and off since late October and I've had 3 messages through that I know for sure were spirit. I've just started in a development class this week and I'm excited now to move forward!

I was told years ago that I was clairvoyant (about 6 years ago) and although I haven't seen anything yet (apart from some very vivid dreams), I've been told that I have seen and that I will see. Clairaudience seems to be the one making most of a racket at the moment so I guess only time will tell.

Mine started following some life trauma which I've been told is relatively common.

I started as a child. Learned by trial and error. There was nobody around to help me.

I have gotten to the point that I have gone up in the mountains and physically saw those who are around me several times.

Happiness is the result of an enlightened mind whereas suffering is caused by a distorted mind.

Old 22-02-2020, 10:44 PM
Administrator
I was born with my gifts so i know no difference.i thought everyone could do what i could.

Namaste
Old 09-06-2020, 04:08 AM
Master
Quote:
Originally Posted by BigJohn
I started as a child. Learned by trial and error. There was nobody around to help me.

I have gotten to the point that I have gone up in the mountains and physically saw those who are around me several times.
Looking back, key points in my life stood. Later, after much reflection, I have noticed certain patterns.

My oldest memory on the subject was when I was about 1 year and about 3-4 months old. I snuck away from home and went down to the neighbor's pond which was about 1/2 mile away. When I came home, I was greeted by my Mother who was on the stoop screaming to the top of her lungs with a broom in her hand. She was in a frantic state.

She was happy to see me but could not grasp why I brought home so many snakes. Mom was afraid of snakes.

Later in life when I was about 10 years old, I dozed against a tree one day. The bugs would not let me fall asleep. Then..... I felt something in my lap. As I opened my eyes ..... there was a big black snake coiled up sleeping. I virtually flew to the house. After that experience, I began astral traveling...... just to get away from the snakes.

When I was in my early 30's, I bought a home with over 11 acres. I told the snakes to leave, and if they didn't, I would kick them across the road. Everything was peaceful till one day I noticed somebody had been eating my strawberries. As I looked up from the end of one row, I saw at the end of the row who was eating my strawberries. He/she was standing up looking right at me. He/she was a snake. After that, I began seeing snakes in trees, in our creek, etc. As a result of this, I lost my fear of snakes.

In recent times, some Japanese tourists took pictures and videos of me dancing with my back to 1-2 coiled cobras. I even have a picture somewhere of a cobra around my shoulders and I kissing the cobra's hood.

I have had other encounters with snakes and never got harmed.

A snake is one of my totem animals.

Old 14-06-2020, 07:38 PM
asearcher

Hi! I think it is so much fun to read what everyone has revealed here on this thread. Good idea to have it started :)

For me I am just learning about feeling and energy... I began to have past life memories long ago and while exploring this the feelings were very important...there is information in the feelings, I can't explain this very well...few times I have been bombarded with memories so much, so fast and then have become exhausted and it stops, then I have forgotten most things but what has stayed longer with me was the feeling...

but the feeling is not always right in human looks for me, this happened when I remembered a past life where it felt as if I was a little sister and the man going out with my older sister was the man who I became insecure of what his role really was...it was not just that he was around...it was not just that he was protective and taking on a big brother role in my own home where I lived with my family, with his ways with me...then I slowly got it. He had turn his interest from my older sister to me...to me!...and I was still not allowed to be unfriendly to him...I have a guess when it could have started. I remembered that I thought something he had said was real clever, funny, so I laughed while the others did not catch on, they were more serious, but he was sort of surprised and gave me a look of appreciation. I guess he then understood I got his type of humor. Beside from that I have never seen anything that would be a plan in my head to steal my sister's man from her. I could tell I did not know what was happening. Like he was always ahead of me.

So when searching what did I look for? I looked for an older sister. I had felt what she was like in my memories. Turns out it was only her personality that gave me that indication, that she was the oldest of us. He on the other hand was older, so I was right about him. When i manage to see photos of them after long and complicated search I at once recognize them. She even looked older, but by human years she never was. So that was just what I meant that my feeling was right, but the fact of her age was the opposite - there the feeling was wrong. When I looked at photo of my past life self she look younger than her actual age. I would not have been surprised if people were confused by them.