Spiritual Forums

Home

Donate!

Articles

CHAT!

Shop

Welcome to Spiritual Forums!.

We created this community for people from all backgrounds to discuss Spiritual, Paranormal, Metaphysical, Philosophical, Supernatural, and Esoteric subjects. From Astral Projection to Zen, all topics are welcome. We hope you enjoy your visits.

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest, which gives you limited access to most discussions and articles. By joining our free community you will be able to post messages, communicate privately with other members (PM), respond to polls, upload your own photos, and gain access to our Chat Rooms, Registration is fast, simple, and free, so please, join our community today! !

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, check our FAQs before contacting support. Please read our forum rules, since they are enforced by our volunteer staff. This will help you avoid any infractions and issues.

Go Back   Spiritual Forums > Spirituality & Beliefs > Spiritual Development

Old 13-07-2019, 04:21 PM
Legrand

A place for empaths to share

Hello,

From my brief time on this forum, I know there is at least another empath on it. So, I am wondering how many empaths there is on this Forum?

This is the official definition of the American Empath Association: An Empath is someone who understands the mental or emotional states of others in a way that defies conventional science and psychology. Empaths have the ability to sense the feelings, thoughts, and energies of people, plants, animals, places, or objects. In addition to sensing, Empaths absorb the energy of those around them. Empaths often experience stress or illness if they are bombarded by too many negative emotions. Empaths can also use their abilities to help others by imagining themselves in someone else’s situation and connecting with them on a deep level.

Please do feel free to share here how being an empath has affected your life. How do you deal with absorbing the energy of those around you? Are you able to turn this ability in a healing gift? Are you an empath since you are born or it came as an ability on your spiritual path? Anything you want to share.

I simply ask to those reading this thread, who are not empaths, to find in them a source of respect before posting.

Enjoy!
Old 13-07-2019, 08:27 PM
Administrator
I am a medium a Healer and an Empath,being an empath also means you can put yourself in another persons place because you have been there,its a deep understanding.of what the person is going through,

Namaste
Old 14-07-2019, 01:08 PM
Legrand

Quote:
Originally Posted by Native spirit
I am a medium a Healer and an Empath,being an empath also means you can put yourself in another persons place because you have been there,its a deep understanding.of what the person is going through,

Namaste

Hello Native Spirit,

This deep understanding of what the person is going through, how is felt for you? Those it comme from within you, from the outside, or there are no more boundaries of within and without? or else…

Also, if you have time, how do you clear, heal, this understanding you have from others even if it comes uninvited to the consciousness?

Namaste
Old 14-07-2019, 02:00 PM
Administrator
As a counsellor we are trained not to take anybodys problems as our own you leave it with the person, and give them the tools to do it themselves.
some people take longer than others but it does work.
I have helped people all my life and I have never taken their problems on my own shoulders.
it takes training to do this if you don't you can get bogged down with every emotion

Namaste
Old 14-07-2019, 07:09 PM
Legrand

Quote:
As a counsellor we are trained not to take anybodys problems as our own you leave it with the person, and give them the tools to do it themselves.
some people take longer than others but it does work.
I have helped people all my life and I have never taken their problems on my own shoulders.
it takes training to do this if you don't you can get bogged down with every emotion

Namaste

Hello Native Spirit,

I never found a way to not feel what others felt around me or when thinking of me. At this time in my life I don't want it to stop. It's not a burden anymore.

The question never aroused in my young age, if what I was feeling was coming from others. I had the chance to spend a lot of time in the wilderness of Nature or as soon as I would be near my parents all this stuff simply vanished and there was only pure innocence left.

When I got to fly of my own wings in the social surroundings we call towns, what I felt from others was an opportunity to grow for me. If it was problems I felt, they simply acted as flash light within showing I also had things to resolve. I would simply give this problem to the Divine, to Pure consciousness to dissolve it.

It created a chanel from without to within, directly to the Divine. At first this chanel was a small stream, then it became a river and a bigger one, where I simply observe the flow passing.

Believing that one day we will all be bathing in this ocean of Bliss that is already there.

Namaste
Old 14-07-2019, 02:54 PM
Color

Quote:
Namaste
I'm curious if you have many planets in Pisces or in the 12th House? Thanks.
A lot of Water signs!?

*I'll text in Navy Blue when I'm speaking as a Mod. :)

Prepare yourself for the coming astral journey of death by daily riding in the balloon of God-perception.
Through delusion you are perceiving yourself as a bundle of flesh and bones, which at best is a nest of troubles.
Meditate unceasingly, that you may quickly behold yourself as the Infinite Essence, free from every form of misery. ~Paramahansa's Guru's Guru

Old 14-07-2019, 03:34 PM
Master
Hello,

Debated with myself whether to post here or not.

Decided to share some thoughts here.

I feel others feelings. When they share (outside of here and at times here) can feel thier emotions.
At times can be a little taxing on me, for have my own well being to consider.

My own well being to consider seems the key. For if I take on too much of someone else's energy, feel drained and sometimes get intertwined with in the energy of another and my own.

So, what came to me a while back was "take what is mine to be mine and what is for another to for them". At times easier said then done especially if a close connection is felt.

Healing can come in many ways. Prayer, a touch, giving another space to express him/her self without judgement, relating to the feelings expressed.
Takes effort on both parties to do this and trust.

Effort on my part to listen and reach out if asked. Effort on the others part to listen and do what one can to help themselves.

Being sensitive does not mean one is weak or one has to take on the world, so to speak. It means one has a heart and cares. But, sometimes with an open heart, taking care and/or listening to my own intuition and emotions may take a back seat.

This can lead to imbalances with in myself, as I notice. So, at times have to be impartial, not uncaring, just giving myself the space to not take it all on.

If advice is asked, can give how I feel it to be. It is up to individual to put the work into bringing healing into his/her life. As I have experienced with myself.

Now am not a designated healer or counselor, just a guy living in this world who happens to be sensitive towards others.

Sometimes for me it simply takes giving another a place/person whom they can talk to. At times that is all they want, to let it out. For me takes letting it go and keeping my heart open. To pay attention to my own feelings and if felt overwhelmed or tired to breath and let the other know just not the time for it or however can be communicated that I am not in the mood ( so to speak).

Just sharing this because I feel many are more empathetic and sense things in others more then he/she may let on.

One more thing comes to mind that helps me;"there is a time to speak and a time to be silent." Listen to the intuition.
Old 14-07-2019, 07:30 PM
Legrand

Quote:
Originally Posted by Moonglow
Hello,

Debated with myself whether to post here or not.

Decided to share some thoughts here.

I feel others feelings. When they share (outside of here and at times here) can feel thier emotions.
At times can be a little taxing on me, for have my own well being to consider.

My own well being to consider seems the key. For if I take on too much of someone else's energy, feel drained and sometimes get intertwined with in the energy of another and my own.

So, what came to me a while back was "take what is mine to be mine and what is for another to for them". At times easier said then done especially if a close connection is felt.

Healing can come in many ways. Prayer, a touch, giving another space to express him/her self without judgement, relating to the feelings expressed.
Takes effort on both parties to do this and trust.

Effort on my part to listen and reach out if asked. Effort on the others part to listen and do what one can to help themselves.

Being sensitive does not mean one is weak or one has to take on the world, so to speak. It means one has a heart and cares. But, sometimes with an open heart, taking care and/or listening to my own intuition and emotions may take a back seat.

This can lead to imbalances with in myself, as I notice. So, at times have to be impartial, not uncaring, just giving myself the space to not take it all on.

If advice is asked, can give how I feel it to be. It is up to individual to put the work into bringing healing into his/her life. As I have experienced with myself.

Now am not a designated healer or counselor, just a guy living in this world who happens to be sensitive towards others.

Sometimes for me it simply takes giving another a place/person whom they can talk to. At times that is all they want, to let it out. For me takes letting it go and keeping my heart open. To pay attention to my own feelings and if felt overwhelmed or tired to breath and let the other know just not the time for it or however can be communicated that I am not in the mood ( so to speak).

Just sharing this because I feel many are more empathetic and sense things in others more then he/she may let on.

One more thing comes to mind that helps me;"there is a time to speak and a time to be silent." Listen to the intuition.

Hello Moonglow,

It's the first time I get to read you since the little time I am on this forum.

Thank you for taking the chance of sharing.

Since I just talked about the title of the first book I have read at 16 talking about spirituality on another thread. I'm quoting here the very first paragraph of this book.

"Silence and Secrecy! exclaimed Carlyle, they should be raised altars of universal worship. (If these were the days when altars were still being raised). Silence is the element in which great things are formed, so that it can finally emerge, perfect and majestic, in the light of the life they will dominate. (...) The word is great, too; but it is not the greatest. As the Swiss inscription states: the word is silver, silence is gold, or, as it would be better to say: the word is of time, the silence of eternity."

From Maurice Maeterlinck. Le Trésor des humbles.

Enjoy!
Old 14-07-2019, 10:10 PM
Master
Quote:
Originally Posted by Legrand
Hello Moonglow,

It's the first time I get to read you since the little time I am on this forum.

Thank you for taking the chance of sharing.

Since I just talked about the title of the first book I have read at 16 talking about spirituality on another thread. I'm quoting here the very first paragraph of this book.

"Silence and Secrecy! exclaimed Carlyle, they should be raised altars of universal worship. (If these were the days when altars were still being raised). Silence is the element in which great things are formed, so that it can finally emerge, perfect and majestic, in the light of the life they will dominate. (...) The word is great, too; but it is not the greatest. As the Swiss inscription states: the word is silver, silence is gold, or, as it would be better to say: the word is of time, the silence of eternity."

From Maurice Maeterlinck. Le Trésor des humbles.

Enjoy!

Hello Legrand,

Felt intrigued by the OP. Although I give myself no title personally, I feel a relationship with how empath was defined.

Another way I can relate to words is they can go through the process of how a person may understand thier meaning. Where as silence seem universal. Like a smile given, it needs no words.

Yes, can agree great things can emerge from the silence. It is like not thinking about it, just allowing the energy to flow.

What I also come to realize is that although I may sense what another is feeling, may also sense that he/she may not want to talk about it. So, may send a silent prayer or feeling of support to them. Respect thier privacy.

At work it can be challenging at times, for work in a busy kitchen and there are days lots of emotions fly around. This is when I focus on task at hand and not get too involved in the drama.

I also get people pick up on what I am feeling at the moment, especially if there is a relationship with him/her established. So, in some ways it seems natural, but with in society may create protective machinists which may have some be not so open.

Thank you for your thoughts and sharing.

Last edited by Moonglow : 14-07-2019 at 11:36 PM.
Old 14-07-2019, 02:28 PM
ImthatIm

The Heyoka is an em-path of the trickster variety.
The Sacred clown or fool.
This is my Life and this 10 min. video reflects my life.
A'Ho Mitákuye Oyás'iŋ ( We are all connected)

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=xUv9URaeTzw