Spiritual Forums

Home

Donate!

Articles

CHAT!

Shop

Welcome to Spiritual Forums!.

We created this community for people from all backgrounds to discuss Spiritual, Paranormal, Metaphysical, Philosophical, Supernatural, and Esoteric subjects. From Astral Projection to Zen, all topics are welcome. We hope you enjoy your visits.

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest, which gives you limited access to most discussions and articles. By joining our free community you will be able to post messages, communicate privately with other members (PM), respond to polls, upload your own photos, and gain access to our Chat Rooms, Registration is fast, simple, and free, so please, join our community today! !

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, check our FAQs before contacting support. Please read our forum rules, since they are enforced by our volunteer staff. This will help you avoid any infractions and issues.

Go Back   Spiritual Forums > Religions & Faiths > Spiritualism

Old 12-12-2011, 10:20 PM
deepsea

Religious Relics in Spiritualist Churches.

Why are religious relics placed in Spiritualist churches frowned upon?
It has come to my notice that religious relics such as crosses and other such like should not be displayed in Spiritualist churches.

Why?

Deepsea
Old 12-12-2011, 10:28 PM
mac

Quote:
Originally Posted by deepsea
Why are religious relics placed in Spiritualist churches frowned upon?
It has come to my notice that religious relics such as crosses and other such like should not be displayed in Spiritualist churches.

Why?

Deepsea

Because they're no part of Spiritualist teaching - why would they be displayed when they relate to other religions?
Old 13-12-2011, 05:31 AM
deepsea

Quote:
Originally Posted by mac
Because they're no part of Spiritualist teaching - why would they be displayed when they relate to other religions?

My opinion is,religious relics are displayed to welcome anyone who follows another religion,into a spiritualist church.
A welcome sign to state that spiritualism is for all.
Old 13-12-2011, 05:35 AM
deepsea

This could be my error,I feel this topic should have been placed in the Spiritualist forum.
Do we have a spiritualist forum,I omitted to check.
Old 13-12-2011, 09:32 AM
mac

Quote:
This could be my error,I feel this topic should have been placed in the Spiritualist forum.
Do we have a spiritualist forum,I omitted to check.

yes

http://www.spiritualforums.com/vb/forumdisplay.php?f=63
Old 13-12-2011, 10:54 AM
deepsea

Quote:
Originally Posted by mac

Could someone in power please transfer this topic to the correct forum,please?
Old 13-12-2011, 08:36 AM
mac

Quote:
My opinion is,religious relics are displayed to welcome anyone who follows another religion,into a spiritualist church.
A welcome sign to state that spiritualism is for all.

If icons and symbols of other religions were on display to that end, for correctness there would need to be something from all other religions.

Spiritualism is different from traditional mainstream religions - it doesn't have any equivalent to the Bible, no symbols etc. and I like that.

Let's celebrate our differences and remember the all-important message of survival that Spiritualism brings; a message underpinned by evidence obtained through mediumship. Symbols play no part.

Let's keep it that way.
Old 13-12-2011, 08:46 AM
deepsea

From what I have read recently,the 'powers to be of Spiritualism' have dictated that no religious relics should not be shown in any spiritualist church.
I leave that open for other's opinions.
Old 13-12-2011, 08:52 AM
Lorraine Holloway-White

Quote:
From what I have read recently,the 'powers to be of Spiritualism' have dictated that no religious relics should not be shown in any spiritualist church.

Every natural medium I have ever met or spoken to throughout the world ALL believe in God (or whatever name you choose to call Him by) or at least a far greater power than themselves. This is one of the big differences between natural and forced mediums. We as natural mediums know the gifts we were born with come from Him and it is He who works through us. God is the healer, not mankind and the fact so many think they are the ones doing it all is why so many are now seeing their gifts being taken from them or dimmed.

All are born with gifts and they are all different form each other. Some will excel at some things and others will excel at other things. Those born with a talent or gift will excel in that field and others who do the same thing will be mediocre in it. We can all sing for example, but those born with the gift will be Pavaroti's of the world whereas the rest of us can be adequate and do well, but we'll never reach his standards. The same is said of mediumship and healing.
If you don't believe in God, then you won't be a natural medium.
Old 13-12-2011, 09:29 AM
mac

Quote:

I find no problems with that principle.

Christian Spiritualist churches are those most likely to display symbols found in Christian churches. I don't attend them so I don't know if they display symbols found in churches of other denominations.

Perhaps there are some Christian Spiritualist members who can help with that point?

As in any other church, any other denomination, one is surely reasonable to support the church where one feels most comfortable?