Spiritual Forums

Home

Donate!

Articles

CHAT!

Shop

Welcome to Spiritual Forums!.

We created this community for people from all backgrounds to discuss Spiritual, Paranormal, Metaphysical, Philosophical, Supernatural, and Esoteric subjects. From Astral Projection to Zen, all topics are welcome. We hope you enjoy your visits.

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest, which gives you limited access to most discussions and articles. By joining our free community you will be able to post messages, communicate privately with other members (PM), respond to polls, upload your own photos, and gain access to our Chat Rooms, Registration is fast, simple, and free, so please, join our community today! !

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, check our FAQs before contacting support. Please read our forum rules, since they are enforced by our volunteer staff. This will help you avoid any infractions and issues.

Go Back   Spiritual Forums > Spirituality & Beliefs > Affirmations > Manifesting, Creating, & The Law of Attraction

Old 22-07-2012, 04:07 AM
embrace

LOA and Colorado mass shooting

Hello,

The recent events (mass shooting in Colorado) made me wonder: is this really an accident? So much work has gone into producing the Dark Night series - an exciting, but violent and tragic movie. Can it be that thousands of people involved into the movie production actually attracted such a tragedy at the opening night?

Thank you for sharing your thoughts.
Old 22-07-2012, 04:29 AM
Lulu

No.

If that were the case, the numerous (and even more violent) movies that have been released prior to this would have 'attracted' the same type of event. The Dark Knight Rises is one of the biggest and most anticipated movies to be released (in history)... guaranteed full theatre and guaranteed (extensive) media attention. It could have been any movie, really... it just so happened to be TDKR.

Besides, Batman has one rule... a rule that was featured very prominently in this series. What rule is that? No killing!

There was another mass shooting in Canada a few days before the one in Colorado... no movie 'connection' to that one... just 'bad' people doing 'bad' things.

Was it an 'accident' is another point altogether, but one that has nothing to do with any movie.

Chris Nolan (director) seems to be a pretty decent guy... The Dark Knight trilogy's underlying theme is good vs. evil, with good ultimately prevailing.
Old 22-07-2012, 01:36 PM
Administrator
The Answer is NO there have been many violent movies made the new Batman movie is no more violent that others made,the guy who did the shooting is lacking a few screws. he even put booby traps in his flat,he has no feeling for anybody he doesnt care who he maimed or killed.

Namaste
Old 22-07-2012, 02:06 PM
Mayflow

What baffles me is what have possibly been his motive? There is no doubt that his screws are loose but there still has to be some sort of motivating force. It likely has nothing to do with the movie content but maybe with the fact he knew the place would be jam packed with targets. He has probably been planning on doing this for a long time and decided this was a good opportunity to carry it through, but why????
Old 22-07-2012, 02:32 PM
Lulu

Quote:
Originally Posted by Mayflow
What baffles me is what have possibly been his motive? There is no doubt that his screws are loose but there still has to be some sort of motivating force. It likely has nothing to do with the movie content but maybe with the fact he knew the place would be jam packed with targets. He has probably been planning on doing this for a long time and decided this was a good opportunity to carry it through, but why????

Who knows, really... maybe we'll find out, maybe we won't. What's bothering me about this whole thing are the initial reports from the members of the audience... when the story first broke, a lot of them were talking about a second gunman. Some people said they saw a guy in the front row answer a phone call, get up, open the exit door, and that's when someone else came in. Now the 'story' is phone call, get up, leave through the exit door, enter back in the theatre through exit door (propped open?). It would have taken some time to gear up... maybe more time than the initial reports claim (from exit door to smoke bomb).

There are also conflicting reports about where the 'smoke bombs' were being thrown from... the exit door is on the right of the theatre, but many reported that the smoke bombs were thrown from the left side of the theatre. How is this possible if there was only one gunman? Of course, the story has changed several times in the past couple of days, and most media sources are reporting conflicting things (to be expected), but a lot of things just aren't adding up. Some of the most crucial (and often accurate) eyewitness reports happen right after an event occurs, because, remember, the memory degrades with time.

There are also reports of a red car (alleged suspect's is white) that sped away from the theatre.

Oddly enough, the other 'person of interest' (one that is said to have called the police and threatened them if the suspect isn't released) is another student at the same University (similar program). But reports are saying that the threat might not have come (there is no reason to believe) from this other 'person of interest,' instead, the threat might have been routed through his address.

The alleged suspect was said to be extremely intelligent. Yet, before he withdrew from his program in Colorado (at which he received a very exclusive grant) he applied to Arizona (transfer) but was rejected? Why would Arizona reject a student of his caliber?

Sure, it could be as easy as the alleged gunman simply 'snapped,' but there was so much planning involved in this... it was very calculated. This whole things smells very fishy.
Old 22-07-2012, 02:45 PM
Experiencer

Quote:
Originally Posted by Lulu
Who knows, really... maybe we'll find out, maybe we won't. What's bothering me about this whole thing are the initial reports from the members of the audience... when the story first broke, a lot of them were talking about a second gunman. Some people said they saw a guy in the front row answer a phone call, get up, open the exit door, and that's when someone else came in. Now the 'story' is phone call, get up, leave through the exit door, enter back in the theatre through exit door (propped open?). It would have taken some time to gear up... maybe more time than the initial reports claim (from exit door to smoke bomb).

There are also conflicting reports about where the 'smoke bombs' were being thrown from... the exit door is on the right of the theatre, but many reported that the smoke bombs were thrown from the left side of the theatre. How is this possible if there was only one gunman? Of course, the story has changed several times in the past couple of days, and most media sources are reporting conflicting things (to be expected), but a lot of things just aren't adding up. Some of the most crucial (and often accurate) eyewitness reports happen right after an event occurs, because, remember, the memory degrades with time.

There are also reports of a red car (alleged suspect's is white) that sped away from the theatre.

Oddly enough, the other 'person of interest' (one that is said to have called the police and threatened them if the suspect isn't released) is another student at the same University (similar program). But reports are saying that the threat might not have come (there is no reason to believe) from this other 'person of interest,' instead, the threat might have been routed through his address.

The alleged suspect was said to be extremely intelligent. Yet, before he withdrew from his program in Colorado (at which he received a very exclusive grant) he applied to Arizona (transfer) but was rejected? Why would Arizona reject a student of his caliber?

Sure, it could be as easy as the alleged gunman simply 'snapped,' but there was so much planning involved in this... it was very calculated. This whole things smells very fishy.

Thanks for bringing all of this up. I was watching the news when a witness was talking about someone likely letting him in after getting a phone call.
Old 22-07-2012, 03:03 PM
Lulu

Quote:
Originally Posted by Selenphina
Thanks for bringing all of this up. I was watching the news when a witness was talking about someone likely letting him in after getting a phone call.

No prob. There's so much more, but I thought I'd just highlight a few of the major discrepancies. I doubt we'll ever know the 'real' reason for all of this... but I do believe that it is not as simple as someone 'snapping' (mental break, illness, and so on).

The 'trial by media' has been one of the biggest I've seen in quite some time. They're even bringing in such 'experts' on the subject as the great actor, Stephen Baldwin, to weigh in on the subject. They're really pulling out all of the stops for this one.

Remember, look for the stories that this is pushing out of the headlines...

Again, I just want to say that, my speculation aside, I truly feel for the lives that this has touched. As I have said before, it's always the innocent that suffer.
Old 22-07-2012, 02:39 PM
Master
The young man is most likely schizophrenic. A chemical imbalance. The late teens/early 20's is the usual age that the illness becomes full blown. If he is, he likely presented mild symptoms for many years. He sought counseling recently and his specialty is the workings of the brain. His grasp of reality slowly became skewed. He did not just wake up one morning and decide to do this.
Old 22-07-2012, 03:11 PM
Mayflow

Well it wasn't just snapping. This was obviously premeditated murder. It will be interesting to see if it be found out why and also if others may have been involved somehow. I imagine they will bring in the FBI?
Old 22-07-2012, 03:33 PM
Lulu

Quote:
Originally Posted by Mayflow
Well it wasn't just snapping. This was obviously premeditated murder. It will be interesting to see if it be found out why and also if others may have been involved somehow. I imagine they will bring in the FBI?

Snapping is a broad term relating to him living an 'average' life and then turning into an alleged mass murderer (over time)... not necessarily him waking up one morning and deciding to kill a bunch of people later that day... he obviously did not do that, as this was very deliberate/calculated. Took a lot of planning.

Another oddity is the report of him claiming to be the Joker, but dying his hair red... the Joker's hair is green... everyone (familiar with Batman) knows this. It's something that seems so trivial, only it's not. The Joker isn't Ronald McDonald.

An interesting thing, however, is he was reportedly researching (in the past?) temporal illusions... blurring the line between fantasy and reality.

But yeah, I believe he was not acting alone... however, I don't know if this will ever come to light. The story is much more 'shocking' when it is a lone gunman. And we all know how the media and their handlers love 'shock and awe.'