Spiritual Forums

Home

Donate!

Articles

CHAT!

Shop

Welcome to Spiritual Forums!.

We created this community for people from all backgrounds to discuss Spiritual, Paranormal, Metaphysical, Philosophical, Supernatural, and Esoteric subjects. From Astral Projection to Zen, all topics are welcome. We hope you enjoy your visits.

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest, which gives you limited access to most discussions and articles. By joining our free community you will be able to post messages, communicate privately with other members (PM), respond to polls, upload your own photos, and gain access to our Chat Rooms, Registration is fast, simple, and free, so please, join our community today! !

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, check our FAQs before contacting support. Please read our forum rules, since they are enforced by our volunteer staff. This will help you avoid any infractions and issues.

Go Back   Spiritual Forums > Spirituality & Beliefs > Signs & Synchronicities

Old 23-09-2011, 08:29 AM
Deactivated Account
Messages in everyday conversations

Can someone you know well subconsciously give you a message within a conversation?

The other day my friend said something really quite odd out of the blue. It wasn't SO odd that I felt I was dreaming or anything, but it was a really strange thing to say and I mentally struggled to understand why she'd said it. It wasn't about me, more a comment about something she wished she could do, but it was a strange choice of words.

The following day I pondered on this and realised what she said could be quite symbolic and taken that way it was actually very relevant to where I am in life at the moment.

So is it possible for the odd word or sentence spoken by someone to be a message for us?
Old 23-09-2011, 09:37 AM
mattie

Yes

It may not have been an intentional message from the person saying it, but more of a prompt for us to explore other nuances.
Old 23-09-2011, 10:03 AM
Experiencer
Quote:
Originally Posted by Starbuck
So is it possible for the odd word or sentence spoken by someone to be a message for us?

My belief is yes. Synchronicities are forces that come together offering us information when we least expect it. Sometimes just a word or sentence can get us to think or look in a direction we haven't thought of before. We never know where our next inspiration is going to come from.
Old 23-09-2011, 10:31 AM
Deactivated Account
Thanks both of you. It wasn't actually a message encouraging a new direction - more a sort of affirming where I am right now.

Maybe I should just explain it! My friend and I were at the beach which is somewhere often go. We were just sitting there when she said 'Shame I can't bring a jigsaw puzzle down here.'

It was just....strange. As I said, not off the wall or anything, but very unlike her. I couldn't make it out. I was tired and am introverted anyhow, so i didn't question her on it. Rather I kept it in my mind and reflected later on.

Right now I am struggling between spiritual and ego-based thinking (as are we all perhaps!) and it's difficult to reconcile the two. The image of the jigsaw puzzle symbolised to me the contrast between mental struggles and being in spiritual calm and Oneness.

I've probably completely over-analysed this but I guess the important thing about my friend's comment is that it reinforced how I've been feeling.
Old 23-09-2011, 12:38 PM
Medium_Laura

Quote:
Can someone you know well subconsciously give you a message within a conversation?

The other day my friend said something really quite odd out of the blue. It wasn't SO odd that I felt I was dreaming or anything, but it was a really strange thing to say and I mentally struggled to understand why she'd said it. It wasn't about me, more a comment about something she wished she could do, but it was a strange choice of words.

The following day I pondered on this and realised what she said could be quite symbolic and taken that way it was actually very relevant to where I am in life at the moment.

Yes I feel our guides actually help us through the conversations we have in person or online. I find when I'm counseling someone on the forum, a tad bit of that is for me as well. Or someone will say something and I smile, knowing my guides say that exact thing to me in my head.

It's a confirmation of our Divine guidance at work all the time. That person probably doesn't even know where it came from or why they even said it at that point and time. :) But your guides knew that you needed help and probably wouldn't have picked up on it if they had said it in symbols in your mind.
Old 23-09-2011, 01:10 PM
Deactivated Account
Thanks for that Laura! Its nice to think our guides are helping us in those ways all the time. Perhaps for someone else my friend's comment wouldn't have seemed weird or significant, but something about it struck me as important and worth reflecting on.
Old 23-09-2011, 03:03 PM
Master
Quote:

I could go quite deeply into this subject. It is without question, the biggest reason for listening to what others are speaking about.

At the highest subconscious level, all things are known by each of us. When any of us become mindful of our thinking, as well as the thinking of others, we will constantly be receiving messages from spirit through all who we encounter.

That "strange choice of words" is the thing to notice. Word selection is the key factor for picking up on these types of messages. Then when we "ask ourself questions" relating to our inclinations, we become informed about something significant.

I encourage this style mindfulness whenever I can. I find that sometimes the insights of greatest value come from the most unlikely of sources. It helps to appreciate that each persons carries a godly essence with a desire to help us in concrete ways.

When we learn to listen, we become informed!!

John

http://www.telepathyacademy.net/
Old 23-09-2011, 03:09 PM
Master
sign posts are everywhere Starbuck..we just have to be willing enough to tune into spotting them.
Old 24-09-2011, 12:55 AM
Master
Quote:

Definitely, Starbuck! This just happened to me today. Actually it was by observing a statement made by an old friend to another person that meant nothing to that person at all. In fact my old pal didn't even know why she said what she did or what it meant herself. But it meant the world to me. I instantly knew just what she was talking about and that the message was intended for me from my guides via her conversation with another person. So it doesn't sound off kilter to me in the least bit.

Blackraven
Old 24-09-2011, 03:42 AM
Suspended

The Melody of Human Brotherhood

By Paramahansa Yogananda

Heavenly Spirit, we are traveling by many
right roads to Thine abode of light. Guide us onto
the highway of Self-knowledge, to which all paths
of true religious beliefs eventually lead.

The diverse religions are branches of Thy one
immeasurable tree of truth. May we enjoy the
luscious fruits of soul realization that hang from the
boughs of scriptures of every clime and time.

Teach us to chant in harmony the countless
expressions of our supreme devotion. In Thy temple
of the earth, in a chorus of many-accented voices,
we are singing only to Thee.

O Divine Mother, lift us on Thy lap of universal
love. Break Thy vow of silence and sing to us the
heart-melting melody of human brotherhood.

from "Whispers from Eternity"