Spiritual Forums

Home

Donate!

Articles

CHAT!

Shop

Welcome to Spiritual Forums!.

We created this community for people from all backgrounds to discuss Spiritual, Paranormal, Metaphysical, Philosophical, Supernatural, and Esoteric subjects. From Astral Projection to Zen, all topics are welcome. We hope you enjoy your visits.

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest, which gives you limited access to most discussions and articles. By joining our free community you will be able to post messages, communicate privately with other members (PM), respond to polls, upload your own photos, and gain access to our Chat Rooms, Registration is fast, simple, and free, so please, join our community today! !

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, check our FAQs before contacting support. Please read our forum rules, since they are enforced by our volunteer staff. This will help you avoid any infractions and issues.

Go Back   Spiritual Forums > Spirituality & Beliefs > Angels & Guides

Old 28-06-2011, 04:49 PM
Psychotheosophy

Choosing Your Guide

How do you choose your guide?
Old 28-06-2011, 08:06 PM
Coming2

That is a process that is different for everyone. In my life I have only worked with one Guide. She has been with me for over 20 years now. What I know about her is that we knew each other in a past life. She is alot more evolved and much closer to the God Head than I am. It has been my experience, through learning from her, that usually our Guides are souls we have either known, admired emmensely as a role model or vennerated at some point in a past life. We set into an agreement with this soul while we are planning our next incarnation and it is a great honor for the soul guiding because it brings about more spiritual advancement and ultimately brings them closer with God. I would like to hope that, if I have not already, at some point I will be able to help Guide others through their life. The thought of being able to give comfort, love and hope to another brings me much joy.
Old 28-06-2011, 08:17 PM
nightowl

Psychotheosophy,

Interesting question...I agree with;

Quote:
Coming2 That is a process that is different for everyone.

I haven't come across anyone who chose their guides. I have always encountered people who shared how their guide came to them. Now with that
being said that doesn't mean it isn't possible. Guides usually show up when a person is ready to receive them and what they have to share. The desire to want to know who they are can also bring them to light. Angels will help you when you ask but that doesn't make them a guide, at least that is my understanding. I am interested to hear what others have to share.

nightowl
Old 28-06-2011, 08:47 PM
Experiencer
Do you mean before we incarnate into the physical? There are a lot of factors involved in that decision, and it is partly us choosing them, and partly them choosing us. Though we do have a "primary" guide or two, most of us have multiple other guides who will stay in the background, and those will come in and out of our lives as we progress through different phases of it. From the spirit world we might choose a particular guide because we have worked with them many times before, because we are close to them and they understand us well, or because they have a lot of experience in an area we have chosen to challenge ourselves with.

Here and now we don't choose them - they have been with us since birth, so it's just a matter of getting in touch with the ones who are there. I suppose in theory you could request a particular guide for a particular thing, but I tend to think they know what we need rather better than we do!
Old 28-06-2011, 08:55 PM
nightowl

Quote:
Originally Posted by Westleigh
Do you mean before we incarnate into the physical? There are a lot of factors involved in that decision, and it is partly us choosing them, and partly them choosing us. Though we do have a "primary" guide or two, most of us have multiple other guides who will stay in the background, and those will come in and out of our lives as we progress through different phases of it. From the spirit world we might choose a particular guide because we have worked with them many times before, because we are close to them and they understand us well, or because they have a lot of experience in an area we have chosen to challenge ourselves with.

Here and now we don't choose them - they have been with us since birth, so it's just a matter of getting in touch with the ones who are there. I suppose in theory you could request a particular guide for a particular thing, but I tend to think they know what we need rather better than we do!

hey Westleigh,

Nice explanation, make sense...

nightowl
Old 28-06-2011, 09:23 PM
Energyatwork

The question i would ask is;

'If you were to choose your own guide how would you know it it was the best one for you at this moment in time'?

Better i think to let the guide or guides choose you; they too are at different stages of understanding and growth. Guides will come and go according to your personal level of growth and understanding.

The problem with choosing your guide is that all too often the choice will be based on the expectations you may have; or even a name you may know.
Equally armed with expectations it is extremely easy for you to create an image of the guide that you want. But because you have created your guide it will not be an authentic expression of Spirit. Then you place yourself in the realm of the misguided and misleading.
Old 29-06-2011, 08:28 AM
Deactivated Account

Quote:
Originally Posted by Energyatwork
The question i would ask is;

'If you were to choose your own guide how would you know it it was the best one for you at this moment in time'?

Better i think to let the guide or guides choose you; they too are at different stages of understanding and growth. Guides will come and go according to your personal level of growth and understanding.

hi Energyatwork,

I like your thoughts, very good question you have there at the beginning. And yes, I have heard our guides come and go according to our own levels of growth and what we need to know at certain times.

When my guides are silent, I am wondering if there isn't any advice or guidance that I need to know at that moment ?

Dream Angel xx

Expect Miracles !

Sometimes in the winds of change ~ we find our true direction
Old 29-06-2011, 08:41 AM
Experiencer
Dream Angel, you may be receiving communication from your guides without even realising it. They don't always communicate in obvious ways. I know that when I learned to communicate I realised that they had actually been working with me for years offering advice, reminders and suggestions and I had had no idea. Look out for ideas, intuition or reminders which seem to come from nowhere.

Some people do need more autonomy than others, though, and it may be that you are in a period of your life which you need to work though mostly by yourself at the moment.
Old 29-06-2011, 08:48 AM
Deactivated Account

Thank you Westleigh. I have heard they sometimes visit when we are sleeping and speak to us in our dreams, yet I can't remember the dreams or any conversations.

I am not sure I like the idea of working thru things myself at the moment, I am thinking now is the time I would like some company with this.

"Look out for ideas, intuition or reminders which seem to come from nowhere. "
thank you, I will .

blessings,
Dream Angel xx

Expect Miracles !

Sometimes in the winds of change ~ we find our true direction
Old 28-06-2011, 10:41 PM
Ascender
I think they choose us. But if we knew them already and they agree to guiding you again, I think thats when we choose them. But your right if we choose ours, We wont learn much, but if they agree to guiding you and see it as a good thing for your growth or a resin, then I see no harm.