Spiritual Forums

Home

Donate!

Articles

CHAT!

Shop

Welcome to Spiritual Forums!.

We created this community for people from all backgrounds to discuss Spiritual, Paranormal, Metaphysical, Philosophical, Supernatural, and Esoteric subjects. From Astral Projection to Zen, all topics are welcome. We hope you enjoy your visits.

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest, which gives you limited access to most discussions and articles. By joining our free community you will be able to post messages, communicate privately with other members (PM), respond to polls, upload your own photos, and gain access to our Chat Rooms, Registration is fast, simple, and free, so please, join our community today! !

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, check our FAQs before contacting support. Please read our forum rules, since they are enforced by our volunteer staff. This will help you avoid any infractions and issues.

Go Back   Spiritual Forums > Spirituality & Beliefs > Non Duality

Old 16-07-2022, 09:27 AM
Master
Is consciousness nondual?

Is consciousness non-dual?

And if it is, how come there exists only a becoming in my consciousness?
Why is my consciousness eternally changing?
Even acknowledging "I am aware of the change, and I am not this change." It changes my consciousness...

If it is absolute. Unchanging.
An existence that exists, a being without becoming; that which there is no likeness to...
Because non-existence doesn't exist. So it cannot be compared to existence.
Meaning, existence is absolute nondual unchanging.

If my consciousness is this..... nondual. Existence.

Then why is my consciousness forever becoming?
Becoming from becoming to not becoming.
Becoming from not becoming to becoming.

Why does it have to be like this?
Old 16-07-2022, 08:15 PM
Master

Quote:
Originally Posted by Ewwerrin
Meaning, existence is absolute nondual unchanging.
This is the nature of Being, formless, limitless, unchanging.

Consciousness is the individualised expression of Being.

Consciousness in form engages with limitation and duality while remaining as the observer.

But if Consciousness identifies with form then it identifies with change and becoming.

If Consciousness identifies with formlessness then it knows itself as limitless unchanging Being.

When Consciousness surrenders all identification with form then Consciousness rests in the emptiness of Being.

Peace
Old 17-07-2022, 09:02 AM
Master
@iamthat
Peace be with you.

Thank you for this comment. I feel like it is all very profoundly detailed. And my experience confirms, mostly, if not totaly, my interpretation so far of everything you've said.

I would like to dive deeper, even tho this is profoundly complex, so feel free to reply if you wish.

Could you elaborate specifically what you mean with the sentence in this quote?

Quote:
Originally Posted by iamthat
Consciousness is the individualised expression of Being.

I am trying to find out how something that is being, without becoming, can suddenly become a being with becoming.
Unchanging becomes changing. How?
It feels like a crystal cloud (random analogy) that is eternally unchanging and suddenly out of nowhere there is the light of reflection that flows through it, due to resonance.
Huhh? How??
Resonance of What? Where does that thing come from that changes? Is it a dimensional self relativity resonator? Obviously there is no "thing" there. Just existence. Being without becoming. Right?
Where does this ability, of something that is unchanging, to express itself, come from?
How is it capable of expressing of it is unchanging?
And if the change has always been there, then does that mean, that, existence has always been a duality, and that, thus, duality is the greatest and highest most high most absolute truth? Or would you say its just the highest we've understood so far.

From my point of view, nonduality has to exist, if nothing else, it is existence itself. Because non existence doesnt exist. And duality OBVIOUSLY exists, altho, yes, it is indeed an illusion, but illusion and truth is also... Wait a minute...

Hmmm, I have found a flaw in my logic. (other topic, truth/lie)

When this being is unchanging, what is there to resonate the consciousness?
Is the identity in consciousness rooted in this idea, that unchanging becomes change. Somehow? But how does it become change? Because if it becomes change then obviously it is not unchanging... Right?

Quote:
Originally Posted by iamthat
When Consciousness surrenders all identification with form then Consciousness rests in the emptiness of Being.
Would you say that consciousness rests in the emptiness of Being or literally becomes it. Or would you say that Consciousness can never become Being itself. And would you rather say that consciousness can only be a Becoming. Or a combination of both.

Obviously, as everything changes, change itself changes also into the unchanging. But where is the logic that says that unchanging, uh... Unchanging CHANGES? How is that even possible? Woulden't be unchanging if it changes. Then only the changing aspect changes. So there is a gap here. Now it feels like there are infinite consciousness and 0 connection between them, in the sense that one consciousness can never connect with another, more like flow past eachother or weave around one another or something like that, without even being able to touch the current of another. Meaning every consciousness is stuck in their own infinitely unique infinite omniverse of eternity. But thats complete random gibberish theory I just made up right now.

My questions still stand.
Old 16-07-2022, 08:39 PM
Master

Sometimes we "think too hard".

It is detrimental because we rely on incomplete data (distorted perceptions), have a limited intellect, are driven by emotions, and (most of us) have no or embryonic intuition.

We don't get good answers by thinking hard. Even if momentarily we can't do much about it, being aware of that is recommended.
Everything expressed here is what I believe. Keep that in mind when you read my post, as I kept it in mind when I wrote it. I don't parrot others. Most of my spiritual beliefs come from direct channeling guidance. I have no interest in arguing whose belief is right, and whose is wrong. I'm here just to express my opinions, and read about others'.
Old 17-07-2022, 09:08 AM
Master
Quote:
Originally Posted by inavalan
Sometimes...
... is recommended.
Thank you, I stand by what you said, also.
Old 05-10-2022, 05:17 PM
Molearner

Quote:
Originally Posted by inavalan
Sometimes we "think too hard".

It is detrimental because we rely on incomplete data (distorted perceptions), have a limited intellect, are driven by emotions, and (most of us) have no or embryonic intuition.

We don't get good answers by thinking hard. Even if momentarily we can't do much about it, being aware of that is recommended.

Inavalan, et al,

Whenever I see ‘consciousness’ it catches my attention. Rather than wading thru 22 pages of postings I often find that the first responses can be most noteworthy. Going off on tangents always has the danger of losing focus.

There are 2 books in my library that seem relevant. The first is _From Normal to Healthy: The Liberation of Consciousness_ by Georg Kuhlewind. The title, in itself, reveals the premise and focus of the book. What we deem as normal is , in reality, not demonstrably healthy. If we believe ourselves to be conscious, he suggests that we ask ourselves 2 questions: When was the last that I had a new thought ? When was the last time that I had a new feeling ? If we are trapped in the past we are in need of liberation. He reminds us that conscious actions of the past produced wars, slavery, destruction of the environment etc. Given a fresh starts he postulates that this would be repeated. Where is consciousness ?

The other book is _Awareness_ by Anthony De Mello. The opening words are Wake Up! Wake Up! This implies that we are asleep and can have no awareness until we become fully conscious.
Old 17-07-2022, 12:42 PM
JustASimpleGuy

Quote:
Is consciousness non-dual?

And if it is, how come there exists only a becoming in my consciousness?
Why is my consciousness eternally changing?
How can Consciousness be non-dual if there's your consciousness and my consciousness? That circle can never be squared.

What you call "my consciousness" isn't Consciousness at all but mind illumined by Consciousness. Then your Ahamkara/ego, which is also illumined by Consciousness, appropriates it as its own, hence you say "I am conscious". That's the first error that leads to all other errors, superimposition of the unreal onto the real.

What model do you follow and which practices do you engage to Realize non-duality?
Old 17-07-2022, 04:53 PM
Master
Quote:
Originally Posted by JustASimpleGuy
How can...
...practices do you engage to Realize non-duality?
Hi, thank you, this is important. My question to you is: How to recognize indicators of having achieved no thought? Can you describe before during and after cross over? And how focus is used.

my info:
I currently just meditate, but that's the least I can do. Due to illness, also neurological&biological.
I am having great difficulty meditating or maintaining or recognizing or even achieving no thought. Not to mention memory does not allow me to remember how I used to succesfully meditate or even be able to maintain focus, at all. I want to know exactly how far I am getting currently and what I can do to improve.
So I decided to meditate more often than 1 time over the course of the day, to try this different approach.
You and movingalways and greenslade all say it is significant and I feel it is indeed very significant. If I cannot consciously achieve no thought, then I am pretty much stuck in the mind. Don't know how long it has been this way. Maybe months maybe years, my memory doesn't really give me anything. There are many physical bodily issues, but I assume it is also a reflection of no longer being able to seemlessly interface between physical and non-physical.
Main issue is recognizing which state I'm in, recognizing indicators of having crossed to no mind, and the inability to focus. As mentioned on other topic.
Old 17-07-2022, 07:38 PM
JustASimpleGuy

Quote:
Hi, thank you, this is important. My question to you is: How to recognize indicators of having achieved no thought? Can you describe before during and after cross over? And how focus is used.
There a parable about a man digging a well. He digs five or six feet down and doesn't find water, so he moves to a different location and digs a similar hole with the same result. He just keeps repeating this pattern, never finding water because the water table is ten feet down.

The moral of the story is pick a path and practices, have trust in them and engage them just for their own sake. No expectations. What will come will come. Expectations are thoughts and chasing them pulls one further away from what is being sought.

No thought is fairly common for short amounts of time. Think flow state. Hitting an 80+ MPH fastball is flow. An effortless swing with the driver where it barely feels like you swing or hit the ball but it takes off cutting right down the center of the green. If you're thinking about hitting the ball in either case it'll be ugly. LOL!

To me when either meditating or even not meditating but simply paying attention it's like absolute serenity. There's a neuroscientist out of University of Wisconsin, Madison and he's wired up Buddhist monks with tens of thousands of hours meditating and he equates it to an EEG patter called gamma synchrony which is 40 Hz or greater and synchronized across widespread regions of the brain. He uses the analogy of an absolutely still lake.
Old 17-07-2022, 09:45 PM
Master
Quote:
Originally Posted by JustASimpleGuy
There a parable...
...still lake.
Haha thanks. Funny story.
I have difficulty focusing due to lack of well-being at the moment. Sometimes I'm not sure I meditated succesfully or not.

In the past, every single time I meditated, ALWAYS GARUANTEED I feel good afterwards. NO MATTER WHAT. If the entire world collapses, I meditate and then I feel peace contentment at the least or bliss.

Now for years I meditate and I experience no thought, but I don't know if there is thought or not. Because when I'm done meditating, I feel absolutely nothing. But I still feel like my consciousness is stuck in my head.

It feels like I just focused in ignorance of my body, I didn't really withdraw my consciousness from physical. I didnt reach that detachment feeling where nose and feet become undistinguishable. And I don't know what I'm doing wrong. It feels like my illness is keeping me stuck in the body. I know that if I can get into non-physical, gamma state like you said, or flow state, if I can get there, JUST 1 MINUTE, I can heal my entire body and well being will much much more easily return to my body.

It feels like the interface between my eternal consciousness and physical extension is choked. And has been pinched for a long time. That's why my body is no longer functioning correctly.

Now I'm trying to open this connection again, to blend the two and get rid of this gap or desynchronisation between my soul and me, merge it, blend it, and enter the flow state again. And recently I experienced this quasi physical gamma similar frequency state where everything was bliss frequency holographic vibrational interfacing with all my time and space reality senses. But this was completely by accident. It happened accidentally while I was falling asleep.
Appearantly through the path of least resistance. It happened by accident. That bliss does indeed feel like a completely still water but then like the underlying holographic bliss matrix field of the water or any time and space perception. Its like the ever evolving perfect dynamic bliss Source vibrations of all things, the source current that flows to and through all things. But it seems like my mind can seperate itself from that.

Perhaps I am not able to focus well due to extreme mental fatigue and bodily maltrunition and neurological disorders and chronic whole body pain. I also need to learn how to focus again.