Spiritual Forums

Home

Donate!

Articles

CHAT!

Shop

Welcome to Spiritual Forums!.

We created this community for people from all backgrounds to discuss Spiritual, Paranormal, Metaphysical, Philosophical, Supernatural, and Esoteric subjects. From Astral Projection to Zen, all topics are welcome. We hope you enjoy your visits.

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest, which gives you limited access to most discussions and articles. By joining our free community you will be able to post messages, communicate privately with other members (PM), respond to polls, upload your own photos, and gain access to our Chat Rooms, Registration is fast, simple, and free, so please, join our community today! !

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, check our FAQs before contacting support. Please read our forum rules, since they are enforced by our volunteer staff. This will help you avoid any infractions and issues.

Go Back   Spiritual Forums > Religions & Faiths > Christianity

Old 04-01-2016, 05:12 PM
Experiencer

Did Jesus Exist?

Seems like there are more and more books written by modern day mythologists, wanting their readers to believe they have searched and studied history, and can find no evidence of the person they are writing about, in this case, Jesus, and, to be clear, the Jesus of Nazareth, Jesus the Christ, the one spoken of in the New Testament portion of the Bible.

Actual historians and scholars, ( the reputable ones ) validate he lived from the approximate time period of 4BC - 34AD.

Many of these historians and scholars aren't even Christians, many are agnostics or even atheists, so they have no axe to grind.

Now, they may not all agree with each other, and argue points over who really wrote the four gospels, and, show discrepancies between the gospels, and, these can be argued one way or another, however, almost all of the historians agree that Paul wrote Galatians and a few other epistles in the New Testament, without question they know he was the author.

There are no contemporary records of Jesus's existence, most of the information about him came later. There have been a couple of historians that mentioned him, though in a negative way, but, that lends credibility to that he existed.

Jesus was not a popular man at the time. There are many, many people who lived at that time, where there are no contemporary records to show their existence, either.

It was the spreading of the " gospel " about Jesus, by his disciples, especially Paul, later on, in which Jesus gained popularity.

Mythologists, when writing about a historical figure, making this person fictitious, someone who doesn't exist, well, it sells books, doesn't it?

It's sad those who maybe thought about becoming Christian, at least open to the possibility, come across a book that says Jesus didn't even exist, and, swallow that up as fact.
Old 04-01-2016, 06:22 PM
Master

Of course there was a Jesus. He was an Essene priest and Christ Consciousness Master.

If there is a 'lack of evidence' it is because the Church confiscated/hid/destroyed original gospels and manuscripts to hide the fact that they had spuriously interpolated and corrupted the original teachings.
(But there is plenty of 'evidence', if you know where to look.)

There is no dispute over the existence of James, the brother of Jesus!

Most scholars accept that a number of the Pauline Epistles, the Pastorals especially, couldn't have been and weren't written by Paul.

http://holy-lance.blogspot.com
Old 04-01-2016, 06:28 PM
Master
"After my departure there will arise the ignorant and the crafty, and many things will they ascribe unto Me that I never spake, and many things which I did speak will they withhold, but the day will come when the clouds shall be rolled away, and the Sun of Righteousness shall shine forth with healing in his wings"

Of couse he existed...... but he's not the person that organised religions want us to know, he's even better.
Old 04-01-2016, 06:37 PM
Master

Quote:
Originally Posted by sky123
"After my departure there will arise the ignorant and the crafty, and many things will they ascribe unto Me that I never spake, and many things which I did speak will they withhold, but the day will come when the clouds shall be rolled away, and the Sun of Righteousness shall shine forth with healing in his wings"

Of couse he existed...... but he's not the person that organised religions want us to know, he's even better.

Beautiful! Couldn't have put it better myself!

http://holy-lance.blogspot.com
Old 08-01-2016, 03:15 PM
Newbie ;)

askrealjesus.com

decide for yourself if you want to believe that Jesus has come and can come again through the heart of his followers.
Old 08-01-2016, 10:51 PM
Master
He did exist.

Organized religion didn't ruin it, they just didn't explain it properly and kinda used him for imperialistic reasons to conquer Europe in the 4th-15th centuries.

From day one, his followers and disciples saw in him a Divine-human union. They called it, or him the Son of God for this reason.

Jesus' life was much more subtle and simple than you see in movies and depictions. He "mastered life" to a point where when he died, Unseen and higher forces resurrected him to point to his people and future generations for all time that THIS guy's way is the higher and new way; and the way of the written Old Law is old and lower.

If you live by the example of Jesus' life, you will receive Grace without merit. It is overcoming of our obstacles and self-created mistakes. We (our ego) get out of the way, and let God do the rest. But it will be a road of suffering, tribulations, and crucifixions but it always ends in rebirth and resurrection of some kind.

Unless you wanna live by the old way which was (eye for an eye) Karma. You live by that whole "merit-badge" mentality that shapes most of our world today- Wall Street, religion, government, classrooms, work ethic. (I scratch your back ,you scratch mine) (You hurt me, the state will hurt you!) (You give me this, I give you exactly the same back). Tit for tat, this or that, like/dislike, love/hate, basically all those dualistic living conditions. The karma continues, the Entanglement goes on, and your stuck again in the Earth over and over again until you start to make a change and difference in Yourself.

Other than that, religion made a bigger deal of Jesus' existence than what it was. The guy wasn't even a fan of people running after him like a media event. He knew he had this purpose to be "the messiah" or Christed Person that would change the mind of humanity about God even through his horrible death, but other than that it is up to us to live by those same principles and examples he left to change ourselves and the WORLD as a whole.