Spiritual Forums

Home

Donate!

Articles

CHAT!

Shop

Welcome to Spiritual Forums!.

We created this community for people from all backgrounds to discuss Spiritual, Paranormal, Metaphysical, Philosophical, Supernatural, and Esoteric subjects. From Astral Projection to Zen, all topics are welcome. We hope you enjoy your visits.

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest, which gives you limited access to most discussions and articles. By joining our free community you will be able to post messages, communicate privately with other members (PM), respond to polls, upload your own photos, and gain access to our Chat Rooms, Registration is fast, simple, and free, so please, join our community today! !

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, check our FAQs before contacting support. Please read our forum rules, since they are enforced by our volunteer staff. This will help you avoid any infractions and issues.

Go Back   Spiritual Forums > Spirituality & Beliefs > Death & The Afterlife

Old 19-04-2015, 02:39 PM
Pathfinder

Revenge after death

Say I'm horribly tortured to death or something, could I come back and haunt/torment that person(s)?

This isn't something that is on the horizon thank god! but reading about horrible serial killers and war crimes makes my blood boil.

I love to go all Jennet Humfrye, on some sick person.

Or, since this doesn't seem to happen in the real world, is it impossible, or do we immediately lose vengeful anger when we cross over?
Might vary by individual.
Old 19-04-2015, 06:57 PM
Whats Next

Revenge after Death

Could it be that some of these investigative TV shows have something in common? They all speak of the "wronged person" in this life. That is certainly true no doubt, but I hope we can let go of those things. I can't speak from first hand knowledge so I'm only conjecturing. Being tortured as you said would be a tough one in my book. That's a lot of hatred to eject.
I sincerely hope that when the time comes, we are released from these feelings rather than live with such horrid feelings. It is my belief that as we move onward, we should be learning to accept the fact that you are where you are, and that nothing you do is going to change that. Wax-a-on, Wax-a-off.
Old 19-04-2015, 07:03 PM
Super Moderator
No, it's my opinion based on certain experiences I've had, that you wouldn't immediately lose all vengeful anger when you passed over, but you would pass over very much as you actually are, inside yourself, at the time of passing. No better, no worse.

But what I have experienced is a magnification or a distillation of the intrinsic nature. Someone with a very loving Soul, for example, seems magnified and even more focussed in that love after passing to the Inner world.

The 'place' one goes to (or state of Being) also reflects the innermost desires and feelings, and the company will be those with similar desires and feelings. The environment will also reflect those energies....both because of being consensus realities (realities created and upheld by the Souls there) and because the environment there is intensely thought-responsive.

But, you probably will get to see a much wider perspective than is possible while in physical life. So long as you were open to the meaning of that new perspective and were able to see it, things which had caused anger frustration or troubles while alive physically, might be seen in a different way.

Nothing is forever. There are many opportunities to develop, there. So long as the opportunities were not rejected, or not realised.
Old 19-04-2015, 07:40 PM
Suspended

No you don't suddenly become a saint when you cross over.
There are many books by astral explorers and spirit-release workers that describe vengueful spirits hanging around as earthbound entities and using people here to do their dirty work. There are also unfulfilled desires and thought-forms that are left behind by the dead (called fragments by some) that seek out ppl to get attached..
The venguefull types can possess ppl through their chakras etc.
These dead ppl have been called 'lntruders' or 'blind guides' and can follow us through many lives - blind guides can be relatives, lovers friends etc who can try to protect us by hurting our enemies, or someone they think we shouldn't be with. Unfortunately, they don't usually have the wisdom to know what's right and wrong. The book below will explain it properly.

Less Incomplete: A Guide to Experiencing the Human Condition beyond the Physical Body by Sandie Gustus

Old 19-04-2015, 07:48 PM
Experiencer
Quote:
Originally Posted by Bluefonsy
Say I'm horribly tortured to death or something, could I come back and haunt/torment that person(s)?

This isn't something that is on the horizon thank god! but reading about horrible serial killers and war crimes makes my blood boil.

Or, since this doesn't seem to happen in the real world, is it impossible, or do we immediately lose vengeful anger when we cross over?

While perhaps the idea of this "punishment" is appealing to some at first glance. I am quite certain the vendetta one might seek would not be worth the cost of lowering your spiritual nature/vibration to such depths of the human struggle -- simply to get some payback. What purpose would it serve other than a means to control and influence another person?

More to the point, you would be far better served understanding the role you played in the physical world (both your positive and negative influence on humanity) than going out of your way to judge and condemn the role other people played in your human experience.

Hope this helps

A man who has not passed through the inferno of his passions has not overcome them.

-- Carl Jung
Old 19-04-2015, 09:05 PM
Administrator
Some souls cant move on straight away for the wrongs that were done to them.but they will be shown into the light where they will receive Healing.there are layers in the spirit world,those who have done wrong will go to the bottom layers.until they are sorry for what they did and they show remorse for their deed.only when they have accepted their guilt can they go to a higher level,but the soul they did wrong to wont ever have contact with them again, this is what I believe

Namaste
Old 19-04-2015, 10:57 PM
Super Moderator
It would definitely be worth having an honest heart-to-heart with yourself to ask if you would wish to spend any duration at all in these inner worlds, in the company of others of similar vengeful vibration, or in an environment caused by and created from such emotions.

It wouldn't simply be a question -as it is here -of getting in your car and splitting when you'd had enough of really heavy company. If that was the major driving force of a Soul, that's what it would find at every turn. Until it began to embody other vibrations instead, which would begin to place it in a different 'space' (which would be a tall order, though not impossible of course.)

If you have ever tried to shift an honestly powerful harsh mood with an honest loving thought...you'll know how hard it is to do.
It is possible it might be even harder there owing to being surrounded by a similar force on all sides, and no distractions as we have here. Change would have to come from core level, within oneself.
Old 19-04-2015, 11:12 PM
Neville

My experience, when tuning into the consciousness stream is that individual personalities persist.
Old 19-04-2015, 11:26 PM
Master
Quote:
Originally Posted by Bluefonsy

As long we are in the earth realm, physical or non physical we are subject to its influences. Even so the non physical earth realm is very different the way is work to the physical. I would suggest, someone crossing over highly traumatized, will not do any haunting for a very long time. Unless someone from this side knows how to work with traumatized entities.
On the other hand, if someone is clear and in the non physical earth realm, can move around at will, this is all it take to be able to act freely in the non physical earth realm, one can have great influence over others.
As one woman once said, I can make my husband do things from this side I never could get him to do during our marriage together.
Old 20-04-2015, 12:44 AM
Super Moderator
I have heard it said that 'forgiveness is the ultimate revenge'.

LOL (don't let your forgiveness know that revenge had anything to do with it!)

Those who commit crimes against others, or cause suffering to others don't even need our revenge. They take care of themselves, much in the way I mentioned before. You don't have to have anything to do with it. Removing yourself entirely from them is the best remedy.

The best way is to take care of yourself from this moment on, and to decide what you need to give your energy to, in order to improve your life and your impending afterlife. Something much more true and amazing, I am sure.

I do know. I have had things done to me too.