Spiritual Forums

Home

Donate!

Articles

CHAT!

Shop

Welcome to Spiritual Forums!.

We created this community for people from all backgrounds to discuss Spiritual, Paranormal, Metaphysical, Philosophical, Supernatural, and Esoteric subjects. From Astral Projection to Zen, all topics are welcome. We hope you enjoy your visits.

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest, which gives you limited access to most discussions and articles. By joining our free community you will be able to post messages, communicate privately with other members (PM), respond to polls, upload your own photos, and gain access to our Chat Rooms, Registration is fast, simple, and free, so please, join our community today! !

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, check our FAQs before contacting support. Please read our forum rules, since they are enforced by our volunteer staff. This will help you avoid any infractions and issues.

Go Back   Spiritual Forums > Most Anything > Books

Old 25-02-2015, 10:46 PM
carlycarly451

The Celestine Prophecy

Has anyone ever read the Celestine Prophecy or seen the movie? What were your thoughts about it?
Old 26-02-2015, 01:29 AM
Suspended

Yes, l saw the movie. Some good special effects.
Old 26-02-2015, 05:23 AM
Everly

I think Redfield did a great job of novelizing the concepts. He actually offered something new, which is my test for anything metaphysical. Seems to me that most of the more popular authors are just recycling old information.

I read "Celestine" when he was still peddling the book from the trunk of his car. He self-published it at first. It was miserable to read. His words were okay, but the spelling, grammar and punctuation were a nightmare and made it extremely difficult to read. Only after it caught on did a publishing house pick it up. The first run or two actually still had most of his errors and even had varying fonts with random bolding. But soon thereafter they cleaned it up.

The movie was awful. Unfortunately, it had a small budget. A lot of it was filmed in and around St. Augustine, where I lived for many years. My ex-husband had two small parts as an extra in the movie. It was fun watching them film and James Redfield was very kind and gracious to everyone who approached him.
Old 31-03-2015, 09:47 AM
Suspended
I thought the novel was terrible... Like he was trying to express some thoughts and just concocted a story around the themes he wanted to share. Poor writing style, and not easy to read.

There is a workbook that followed (green cover) that I thought was much better. It talked directly about energy transference (chp 4) without the silly stories. It has a lot of quotes from various spiritual teachers spread out throughout the book. It gives practical advice on how to implement some of the ideas he was explaining in the first book.
Old 09-04-2015, 07:42 PM
Master
Quote:
Originally Posted by carlycarly451
Has anyone ever read the Celestine Prophecy or seen the movie? What were your thoughts about it?

carlycarly451 - I read the Celestine Prophecy. I remember reading a sequel as well. Even got Redfield's wife's meditation tape. At the time I was really into it and even gave a copy of it to my mother (who never read it). But once I started reading other authors such as Chopra, Dyer, Tolle and Roman to name a few, I moved quickly away from what appeared to be a story (Celestine Prophecy) and into more nuts and bolts kind of reading. I couldn't even tell you what it was even about now. Whereas I tend to remember other author's materials.

Blackraven
Old 11-04-2015, 05:07 AM
Knower

I read this a couple of years ago. It's a good book but I'm not sure it accomplishes what it seems to want to. I like what I think it's trying to say but I'm not really sure what exactly that is. At the very least there are some interesting and thought provoking moments as well as lots of action. In fact it's almost like a more spiritual version of Indiana Jones and Raiders of the Lost ark. Lol.