Spiritual Forums

Home

Donate!

Articles

CHAT!

Shop

Welcome to Spiritual Forums!.

We created this community for people from all backgrounds to discuss Spiritual, Paranormal, Metaphysical, Philosophical, Supernatural, and Esoteric subjects. From Astral Projection to Zen, all topics are welcome. We hope you enjoy your visits.

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest, which gives you limited access to most discussions and articles. By joining our free community you will be able to post messages, communicate privately with other members (PM), respond to polls, upload your own photos, and gain access to our Chat Rooms, Registration is fast, simple, and free, so please, join our community today! !

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, check our FAQs before contacting support. Please read our forum rules, since they are enforced by our volunteer staff. This will help you avoid any infractions and issues.

Go Back   Spiritual Forums > Spirituality & Beliefs > Healing

Old 16-11-2010, 06:40 AM
supernova

Can we have control over our thoughts?

In fact I always want to think positively and live a livelier and merrier life but I feel I have no control over my thoughts and streams of thoughts flood my mind all the time, and most of them are disabling thoughts. My thoughts spring from my memories and they are basically rooted in my childhood and they have been now recursive, some of the abuses I had gone through. To forget them I try to engage in creative acts, pray, write poetry, travel. Every time I remain occupied with those disabling emotions and I feel I will go bust. Love and sex is their and I have a TF to appease me but deep down the thought or the memory of those seminal years are overwhelming me. Of course I have no insomnia and have no dysentery and can love and enjoy love making and socialize but the ghost is always hanging around in my life. I am weary of it and fear that it never leaves me up to the grave. I want to be reborn into a happier life – not in another life but in this life. I have everything but this thing.

Is there a panacea?
Old 16-11-2010, 06:59 AM
Master
How can you lose something you've not lost unless you focus on losing it? And while you're focused on 'losing it', you're missing out on fully embracing what you have and love most. Cheers.
Old 16-11-2010, 07:06 AM
supernova

I want something to distract my mind from this thought. I do not know how and something that can grip my mind to keep away from that
Old 16-11-2010, 07:11 AM
Master
You can't fight thoughts with thoughts, all you can do is to go into the silence within and when the thoughts arise just watch them, you will soon Realize that there not even yours. In this silence you will Realize that the mind is forever churning out garbage, you can collect this garbage and hoard it or you can just let go of the illusionary garbage into the illusionary dump.
Old 16-11-2010, 07:19 AM
Master
May I suggest this....now this may sound a little deep...but please try and run with it for a moment..thanks.
Your mind is raising these thoughts because somewhere you are focusing on them..be that subconsciously or not...ok....now...each time they come up into your awareness, is causing you to think about them and exert energy to try to push them down again....hopefully into eternal obscurity? yes...I believe so...
While you focus on wanting something to distract your thoughts....you are also focusing on those very thoughts needing being distracted....so it becomes a vicious cycle that has nowhere to go but round and round.
Perhaps instead of trying to eliminate them....have you ever tried to bring them to the fore and work with them? Maybe this is your inner self wishing to address the past and begin to heal it? Yes, its not an easy thing to do...I know this...but the more you try to rid yourself of them, the more they will haunt you. Ever tried journaling them? You don't have to keep the pages....just write out your thoughts and emotions...work with them...sorry I'm not of much help.
Old 16-11-2010, 11:42 AM
Master
Quote:
Originally Posted by supernova
I want something to distract my mind from this thought. I do not know how and something that can grip my mind to keep away from that

It is my experience that the answer to your original question is yes, You can take control of your thoughts and bring that greater peace you seek into your life.

You have already accomplished something few of us ever achieve, and that is awareness about how our thoughts effect the quality of our life. That is a good thing to appreciate.

The thoughts that grip your mind come from your subconscious. They are diverse in nature and conflicted. Think of them as children who have not received their requests.

The actual solution is to evolve your perception of your children. These are energies you have chosen to ignore or reject for various reasons. Even your desire to distract your mind is a rejection from your minds point of view.

The solution, in my view, is to have compassion and appreciation for all that you are. When you do that you start a healing process that leads to your desired goals.

I hope my insight on this subject is helpful.

John

http://www.telepathyacademy.net/
Old 16-11-2010, 11:49 AM
Master
You can do stuff that make your thoughts more peaceful, and with it you change your thoughts. Or you can do practices that make thoughts go away..

But you can't control your thoughts, trying to control them means a fight, and you will lose this fight.
Old 16-11-2010, 12:35 PM
chinu

Quote:
Originally Posted by supernova
Is there a panacea?

Yes! there is a panacea,

Name of panacea: Divine Sound wave.

How it works: When "Mind" comes in contact of this Divine sound, Starts to merge in the Sound, Like as ice in the water.
Old 16-11-2010, 04:18 PM
Seeker

The key, supernova, is understanding the distinction between the aspects of your being that are generating the thought streams and the aspect of your being within which the thought streams arise. When you identify with the latter and not the former, you gain not only the opportunity to change your thoughts, but also to transcend them entirely.
Old 17-11-2010, 12:54 PM
eternaLight

One goal of meditation is to help focus the mind and improve the concentration. It takes effort but the benefits are worth it. We can choose to think positively, to have the intent to look towards the highest. If thats the intent and we persevere then our spirits will have mastery over the mind.