Spiritual Forums

Home

Donate!

Articles

CHAT!

Shop

Welcome to Spiritual Forums!.

We created this community for people from all backgrounds to discuss Spiritual, Paranormal, Metaphysical, Philosophical, Supernatural, and Esoteric subjects. From Astral Projection to Zen, all topics are welcome. We hope you enjoy your visits.

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest, which gives you limited access to most discussions and articles. By joining our free community you will be able to post messages, communicate privately with other members (PM), respond to polls, upload your own photos, and gain access to our Chat Rooms, Registration is fast, simple, and free, so please, join our community today! !

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, check our FAQs before contacting support. Please read our forum rules, since they are enforced by our volunteer staff. This will help you avoid any infractions and issues.

Go Back   Spiritual Forums > Spirituality & Beliefs > Science & Spirituality

Old 11-12-2014, 09:53 PM
KevinO

Motion and How We See Things

A way to look at how things work:

There is you and there is the universe. The universe is, at basic, a field of transparent darkness with a very small amount of mass evenly distributed across the entire field.

Without being perceived, it sits there, as potential. When perceived, it is like a giant Antikythera mechanism, with wheels and cogs and gears interacting at a massive scale.

What does this mean to you? It means that everything you perceive as a particle is moving relative to you and relative to every other particle. You do not necessarily consciously perceive this movement.

But you do perceive it, consciously or not.

For example, there are a number of wavelengths moving through your perception right now, such as radio waves and gravity waves.

There are also emotional wavelengths and wavelengths that force change, such as radiation, that effect particle breakdown.

But all a wavelength is, is motion perceived as an associated group of particles.

Each individual particle is in motion relative to every other particle.

Here's where it gets interesting: you decide what a particle is.

A ball is a particle, for example. However cut the ball in half and it is two particles, Keep cutting and you create thousands, millions, trillions of particles. Likewise, move away from the ball, it becomes smaller and smaller till it disappears to become part of another larger scene and no longer is a particle as itself. Your perspective determines what is a particle.

You decide, therefore, what motion is, relative to your existence.

We tend to like a balance of motion. We want a reasonably predictable amount of motion, but enough to keep life interesting. This means motion that appears to come and go, and orbit. Those are the basic motions. Too much going away and we don't like it. Too much too fast, we don't like it. Too much stasis, (orbit), we don't like it.

Here is the problem with that: We see only a tiny fraction of the total motion in the universe. The entire place balances out nicely. It is a machine that the more you see of it, the better it gets.

But here on earth, in a very small and compressed sample set of motion, it is easy to feel things are not "right".

How do you solve it? Well, the problem is with a particle. There is something about that particle motion you don't understand. You have three options. Cut the particle in half or get far enough away that you do not see the particle.

Or, acquire enough perspective of overall motion that it becomes easier to place it into context with universal motion. Nothing is really wrong, we just have a momentary lapse of perspective. Motion can be hard to predict, which is why this place can be so interesting.

The purpose of "spiritual" growth in my opinion is to acquire that universal perspective, at least enough to apply it when the train pulls away from the station and you are left standing, suitcases in hand, at the depot. (Or, find yourself on the track in front of it.)

One accomplishes this by becoming more conscious, more aware, of the now one is living in. One sees more accurately and completely and in doing so, sees everything with more understanding and benevolence.

We are all on the same train and will eventually reach the same destination, in my opinion.

Have fun!
Old 13-12-2014, 05:22 AM
Ascender
Quote:
Originally Posted by KevinO
Here is the problem with that: We see only a tiny fraction of the total motion in the universe. The entire place balances out nicely. It is a machine that the more you see of it, the better it gets.

All forces are continually working both in contrast and in harmony with each other. I don't see balance as much as I see motion, in relation to the perpetual interplay of evolutionarily derived transitions. We are currently visiting a moment within this time-frame of development, so there is no "complete" picture in which balance is discernible. Just as the past is not the predictor of the future, neither is our evolving ability to perceive in any way open to a finalized inspection.

All is as the individual defines it. Our observations overlap, and out of this overlapping we define culture, we define preference, and we encounter both challenge and resolve in relation to these temporary orientations.

I can appreciate the word "machine" but the variables are so alive and dynamic that our "conscious" selves must define along these more mechanical lines. Thankfully our 'unconscious' selves are intimately tied-in directly with the genetic pathways that gives rise to our forms and maintains its integrity.

Quote:
One accomplishes this by becoming more conscious, more aware, of the now one is living in. One sees more accurately and completely and in doing so, sees everything with more understanding and benevolence.

Wouldn't "understanding and benevolence" be front-loading the expected outcome? As we open to the present we open to "surprise". We become no longer anchored to our assumptions about past and future remembrances and expectations. So in opening to the present we enter into a dynamic world of unpredictability with "possibility" being defined in relation to the current moment of presence.

The people we know will still die, friends will be judged/hurt/helped by each other, corporations will likely be forgoing both individual and planetary health for the sake of profit. The crispness that accompanies such in-the-moment awakenings will likely challenge our sensibilities in most all that we interact with. "Benevolence" may be nothing like we thought it would be as we stand squinting into the potential futures before us. All is in motion, there are no sustainable goals. If we're living in the present (which in real terms is the only place we can actually be) then our presence within each moment will supply it's own customized series of transitions.

Quote:
We are all on the same train and will eventually reach the same destination, in my opinion.
I'm not seeing trains where I'm sitting at the moment. Listening to good music though, so I'll project that we're all participating in a musical destination of an integrated rhythm of uninhibited diversity, supported and anchored by a backdrop of pure undisturbed silence.
Old 13-12-2014, 04:28 PM
KevinO

I love your "crispness", thank you for that.

The idea of the post is why things can seem out of balance and will not apply to someone for whom this place is in balance.

What I mean to say is we are in a motion machine with a lot of moving parts and it can get confusing, and don't worry about it. I agree with all your statements. Thanks!
Old 14-12-2014, 12:28 AM
Ascender
Quote:
What I mean to say is we are in a motion machine with a lot of moving parts and it can get confusing,
And then some :)

My current reading includes the following:

The Human Microbiome published by Oxford Press
The Microbiome Diet by Raphael Kellman
And The Art of Ferentation by Sandor Ellix Katz

The subject just dropped into my lap a few days ago while I was research things for the new Excalibur dehydrator we'd just purchased. I've known about probiotics for some time but didn't realize how far the research had progressed over the more recent years.

It seems that at the end of the genome project it was clear that they missed their mark. They were hoping that by unraveling the mystery of genes they could then create drugs that would specifically address the static variables as defined by each gene. Turns out this wasn't the case. Not by a long shot. Seems that genes are simply a library, of sorts, all loaded with potential but incapable of determining a single direction on it's own. So something "outside" the gene itself is providing the suggestive expression of it's inner codes. From this realization "epigentics" was born. The inquiry into "what are these forces that are telling our genes exactly what to express". One of those forces happen to be the massive number of bacteria that resides as the "majority" of what our body is made up of. It happens that our "body" itself is only one tenth of what's actually going one both inside and on top of our skin. In 2008 they launched the Human Microbiome Project to try and determine what's going on with all these defining bacteria and yeasts that intimately influence our very expression of being. Some of the info is starting to leak out and the implications are decidedly profound.

Our conscious minds are almost irrelevant aspects of our existence. The communication between our body and the trillions of smaller bodies (each with their own organs and independent support systems. "Each single cell performs an estimated few million chemical reactions per second" "each and every cell in our body has 100,000 receptors on it's outer membrane" which respond at the bequest of the cell and it's needs (quotes from Health 4 Life by Mike Van Thielen)) is essentially the driving force behind our physical presence.

Is it any wonder that we're confused and run-over often by events seemly out of our control. We are basically passengers on this bus watching things speed past the window of our bumbling comprehensions. We can "dream" and then confuse our dreaming with actual accomplishment. Which is often the case when we review the massive number of imaginative scenarios that we humans attach ourselves to.

Our attention is best served in supporting the system we now find ourselves in. Support our bodies in whatever way we can, and to honor the beauty that is creation in a most humble and participatory way. Much of our dreaming will prove to be irrelevant within this context if we're ever wishing to get a handle as to what truly defines us on a day-to-day basis.

In order to feel "in control" it would serve us well to first learn to "align" with the "reality of now" we presently find ourselves in.
Old 14-12-2014, 11:50 AM
KevinO

Quote:
Originally Posted by organic born
And then some :)

My current reading includes the following:

The Human Microbiome published by Oxford Press
The Microbiome Diet by Raphael Kellman
And The Art of Ferentation by Sandor Ellix Katz

The subject just dropped into my lap a few days ago while I was research things for the new Excalibur dehydrator we'd just purchased. I've known about probiotics for some time but didn't realize how far the research had progressed over the more recent years.

It seems that at the end of the genome project it was clear that they missed their mark. They were hoping that by unraveling the mystery of genes they could then create drugs that would specifically address the static variables as defined by each gene. Turns out this wasn't the case. Not by a long shot. Seems that genes are simply a library, of sorts, all loaded with potential but incapable of determining a single direction on it's own. So something "outside" the gene itself is providing the suggestive expression of it's inner codes. From this realization "epigentics" was born. The inquiry into "what are these forces that are telling our genes exactly what to express". One of those forces happen to be the massive number of bacteria that resides as the "majority" of what our body is made up of. It happens that our "body" itself is only one tenth of what's actually going one both inside and on top of our skin. In 2008 they launched the Human Microbiome Project to try and determine what's going on with all these defining bacteria and yeasts that intimately influence our very expression of being. Some of the info is starting to leak out and the implications are decidedly profound.

Our conscious minds are almost irrelevant aspects of our existence. The communication between our body and the trillions of smaller bodies (each with their own organs and independent support systems. "Each single cell performs an estimated few million chemical reactions per second" "each and every cell in our body has 100,000 receptors on it's outer membrane" which respond at the bequest of the cell and it's needs (quotes from Health 4 Life by Mike Van Thielen)) is essentially the driving force behind our physical presence.

Is it any wonder that we're confused and run-over often by events seemly out of our control. We are basically passengers on this bus watching things speed past the window of our bumbling comprehensions. We can "dream" and then confuse our dreaming with actual accomplishment. Which is often the case when we review the massive number of imaginative scenarios that we humans attach ourselves to.

Our attention is best served in supporting the system we now find ourselves in. Support our bodies in whatever way we can, and to honor the beauty that is creation in a most humble and participatory way. Much of our dreaming will prove to be irrelevant within this context if we're ever wishing to get a handle as to what truly defines us on a day-to-day basis.

In order to feel "in control" it would serve us well to first learn to "align" with the "reality of now" we presently find ourselves in.

And/or, dismiss the idea we exist only as a body and get some distance from it so the inevitable is not so difficult. Thanks for the information!
Old 14-12-2014, 05:04 PM
Ascender
Quote:
And/or, dismiss the idea we exist only as a body and get some distance from it so the inevitable is not so difficult. Thanks for the information!

Once you realize that you are not body, you will still have to return to the fact that you inhabit a body and still have to deal with the variables involved. Most everything about your current experience is intimately defined by this body you inhabit.

This may well be why you were "born".

To learn to navigate the idiosyncrasies of being human.

You live "forever" you know. And yet you chose to be "here" for some reason. Why is that?
Old 14-12-2014, 06:05 PM
KevinO

Quote:
Originally Posted by organic born
Once you realize that you are not body, you will still have to return to the fact that you inhabit a body and still have to deal with the variables involved. Most everything about your current experience is intimately defined by this body you inhabit.

This may well be why you were "born".

To learn to navigate the idiosyncrasies of being human.

You live "forever" you know. And yet you chose to be "here" for some reason. Why is that?

I am here because I am here. There is no requirement to concern myself with why. Any place is as good as any other. I don't exactly believe that I inhabit this body, I experience it, to an extent. There is lots to experience outside as well.
Old 15-12-2014, 02:32 AM
Ascender
Quote:
I am here because I am here. There is no requirement to concern myself with why. Any place is as good as any other. I don't exactly believe that I inhabit this body, I experience it, to an extent. There is lots to experience outside as well.

But you are Here.

We are here. This is the nature of our current reality. We are here.
So do we accept that, and eagerly look around us as though astronauts on an alien planet. Shouldn't we actively explore where we currently find ourselves to be?
And is being "here" and being present any reduction at all in relation to our universal experience?

My complaint with most spiritualist is this lament that they wish they were elsewhere. It's like we were from earth and went through the trouble of traveling to another planet, all the while wishing we were back on our home planet. It's like we were born and got instantly homesick. What a waste.