Spiritual Forums

Home

Donate!

Articles

CHAT!

Shop

Welcome to Spiritual Forums!.

We created this community for people from all backgrounds to discuss Spiritual, Paranormal, Metaphysical, Philosophical, Supernatural, and Esoteric subjects. From Astral Projection to Zen, all topics are welcome. We hope you enjoy your visits.

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest, which gives you limited access to most discussions and articles. By joining our free community you will be able to post messages, communicate privately with other members (PM), respond to polls, upload your own photos, and gain access to our Chat Rooms, Registration is fast, simple, and free, so please, join our community today! !

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, check our FAQs before contacting support. Please read our forum rules, since they are enforced by our volunteer staff. This will help you avoid any infractions and issues.

Go Back   Spiritual Forums > Spirituality & Beliefs > Love & Relationships -Friends and Family

Old 14-04-2013, 01:38 AM
Experiencer

Exclamation who gets to keep the dog?

Hi guys,

I just had a break up after 7 years. I honestly think the reason we have stayed together so long is because we both love our dog, a boxer, that we adopted from the pound. He is 8 years old. My boyfriend was the one who signed the papers we we bought him, so he is telling me he is taking him. The problem is that he was dropped off at the shelter because his owners had a divorse, and every time we would have a fight, he would run in the other room and hide and shake, so that is why we were hesitatnt on braking up since the dog has already been through this. I love my dog more than life itself. Yet, mky ex said he is taking him. I have been the one throughout the years that would do everything for the dog (Maul). I fed him, fresh water, took himk out first thing in the morninjg, and first thing after coming home, bought his food and treats and took him for walks. My ex barely did a thing for him except play with him and the regular cuddles. Since my ex has a license on my dog is there anything I can do? I know he loves him, but I have been the one taking care of him in the most part and really want him to come with me when I move. Advice please, I'm heartbroken without my dog.
Old 14-04-2013, 02:03 AM
Administrator
Hello

Maybe shared visitation can be something that is set up. Like one would do with kids. Find that common grounds where you can share the dog care ?

Lynn
Old 16-04-2013, 12:18 AM
Experiencer

Well he did say I could see him, but he is not only my little baby, but a great watchdog. I have never lived alone before, but yes, that is a good idea. New town, new home...thought I could at least bring my dog with me...my ex is going back to his hometown where all his friends are...thats the poitn I am trying to tell him. I need something familiar to bring with me. Thanks again.
Old 16-04-2013, 07:05 PM
LadyImpreza1111

I wouldn't prolong splitting up because of a dog if the relationship has run it's course and you two are no longer healthy for each other.

As for the thing with the dog,I wouldn't know who exactly you can talk to about that, but I will just suggest that you point out everything you have done for the dog first and suggest splitting visitation or something.......unless his hometown is far away. If that doesn't work or he fights it, then I think whoever signed the adoption papers would be the one who has more of a chance of getting him, unless you can point out that you were the one who always took care of the dog and he hasn't put forth the same initiative.