Spiritual Forums

Home

Donate!

Articles

CHAT!

Shop

Welcome to Spiritual Forums!.

We created this community for people from all backgrounds to discuss Spiritual, Paranormal, Metaphysical, Philosophical, Supernatural, and Esoteric subjects. From Astral Projection to Zen, all topics are welcome. We hope you enjoy your visits.

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest, which gives you limited access to most discussions and articles. By joining our free community you will be able to post messages, communicate privately with other members (PM), respond to polls, upload your own photos, and gain access to our Chat Rooms, Registration is fast, simple, and free, so please, join our community today! !

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, check our FAQs before contacting support. Please read our forum rules, since they are enforced by our volunteer staff. This will help you avoid any infractions and issues.

Go Back   Spiritual Forums > Religions & Faiths > General Religion

Old 03-06-2011, 08:01 AM
Neville

Some Atheists might be natural Pagans...

without even realising it.

Imagine that an Atheist wirh a love of nature.
Old 03-06-2011, 08:05 AM
Master
I think most atheist would love nature, just as most people do but that's nothing to do with being a pagan, why do we need to label everything we love.
Old 03-06-2011, 08:14 AM
Neville

No I'm not labelling just making an observation' s' all. Though clinically speaking I would assume the it would have to be a personal belief in not believing that might create the fold back effect also.

Don't mind me, just woke up and I am still untangling my thought processes. I do think it goes along with the grain of what you are saying though.

labels are not only stereotyping, they are also most regularly superficial.
Old 03-06-2011, 08:19 AM
Master
Its just that there's a lot of people that think because you are an Atheist you must be dead as a door nail, atheist are just like everyone else, they just want to get on with their life, and live it to its fullness without adding labels or emotional garbage to it, or establishing a belief system to draw others into their fold.
Old 03-06-2011, 02:44 PM
ete233

Many atheists are agnostic also. But, pagan, I don't think atheists are believing in religion. Maybe just there own version/type of God if agnostic. If they were pagans its because, of their conditioning by society. They can't shed God..?

Last edited by ete233 : 03-06-2011 at 03:55 PM.
Old 03-06-2011, 05:50 PM
Neville

I think that Paganism is not a Religion in some cases , a love of nature for example is in some circles regarded as Pagan, but as has been illustrated, people of all religions and no religion can love Nature.

But this is the small beginning of perhaps a greater understanding that can be grasped. That Creation/ God are one and the same and further that religion God's are all variants and metaphors for this creation.

Those that would argue that there is only one true God may well be correct. They may have one of many different names for this one true God.. The One true God/Goddess that all of us irrespective of religion see as creation around us manifested as nature.

Maybe it's just an inner yelling on my part against what I see to be the futility of harmful sectarianism. The arguing that your God is not my God, the Wars and carnage born of such assertions throughout history, the continued intolerance and bigotry we see even now in this allegedly enlighted age. Creation is Creation and it is ever dynamic and in action and many choose to call this fundamental part of existence other things, God,Allah etc.

It could be that I am oversimplifying this issue but it is how it seems to me.
Old 03-06-2011, 06:00 PM
Mind's Eye

Quote:
Originally Posted by psychoslice
I think most atheist would love nature, just as most people do but that's nothing to do with being a pagan, why do we need to label everything we love.

Maybe we can come up with a new name for those nature loving atheists... How about Patheists?

Hey, I just invented a religion.
Old 03-06-2011, 06:02 PM
Jules

LOL Mind :)

surely though, (thinking aloud here lol) .. one can follow Paganism WITHOUT the doctrine of the religion?
Old 03-06-2011, 07:03 PM
Mind's Eye

Quote:
Originally Posted by Jules
LOL Mind :)

surely though, (thinking aloud here lol) .. one can follow Paganism WITHOUT the doctrine of the religion?

Everybody else has tried to get a monopoly on religions... Why can't I build a few temples and come up with some scary doctrines that frighten people into giving me money??
Old 03-06-2011, 07:05 PM
Jules

lolololololol .. ok i'll give you that one .. just don't come here looking for any coz I haven't got any!