Spiritual Forums

Home

Donate!

Articles

CHAT!

Shop

Welcome to Spiritual Forums!.

We created this community for people from all backgrounds to discuss Spiritual, Paranormal, Metaphysical, Philosophical, Supernatural, and Esoteric subjects. From Astral Projection to Zen, all topics are welcome. We hope you enjoy your visits.

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest, which gives you limited access to most discussions and articles. By joining our free community you will be able to post messages, communicate privately with other members (PM), respond to polls, upload your own photos, and gain access to our Chat Rooms, Registration is fast, simple, and free, so please, join our community today! !

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, check our FAQs before contacting support. Please read our forum rules, since they are enforced by our volunteer staff. This will help you avoid any infractions and issues.

Go Back   Spiritual Forums > Religions & Faiths > North American Indigenous Spirituality

Old 01-08-2011, 01:15 PM
Sundialed

Historic Meeting Of Western Mind And Indigenous Mind

This will tickle your heart :)

Steele Professor, Astronomy, Caltech, USA Meets the Kogi in London

July 13, 2011

“My meeting at the University of London Observatory with Mama Shibulata was certainly a memorable occasion.

I am a professional astronomer who observes the distant Universe using large ground-based telescopes and the Hubble Space Telescope. How could a senior representative of the Kogi tribe in the remote mountains of Colombia possibly appreciate how astronomers try to determine the history of the Universe via astronomical observations? And what, if anything, could I possibly learn from this mysterious individual, someone with little experience of the modern world and contemporary scientific methods?

Stymied by our inability to communicate through conversation, under a modest telescope in small dome alongside the Watford Way in Mill Hill, I unfurled a colour poster of the `Hubble Deep Field’ – a spectacular image of a tiny portion of the night sky representing tens of hours of exposure time with Hubble Space Telescope’s powerful optical camera. The picture reveals a wondrous spash of hundreds of colourful tiny galaxies, exquisite in their miniature irregular forms, seen as they were far back in time towards our cosmic origins. The image has, in fact, become an icon in our subject.

Shibulata considered the image and seemed, at first, unimpressed; perhaps bewildered and afraid to reveal his ignorance. Then, surprisingly, he outstretched his hand and pointed definitively to an object in the image and uttered an unintelligible remark. Out of several hundred sources, he had located one of only two foreground stars in our Milky Way. The Hubble Deep Field was purposely chosen to be largely absent of foreground stars. But, with no training, Shibulata found one of them very quickly.

Impressed, I asked our Kogi translater, Sylvestre, what did Shibulate think his chosen source might represent. Correctly, Shibulata declared it was a star but not one that could be seen with the naked eye. [In fact the star would not been seen with even a moderately powerful telescope such as could be afforded by even a wealthy amateur!]. Furthermore, Shibulata declared he had already known of the existence of this star!

Alan Eireira grasped excitedly at this remark. What could it possibly mean? How could Shibulata possibly have known of this faint star revealed only in this deep Hubble Space Telescope image? Through more interrogation we learned that the Kogi are aware of the existence of stars whose brightnesses lie beyond reach of the naked eye. Indeed, we learned they are categorized on a scale of 1 through 9. Shibulata was most likely speaking metaphorically that here was visual proof of their belief – something he knew must exist, even if he had not witnessed it before.

Although easy to dismiss Shibulata’s remark as one conjured to deflect a superior knowledge, the prompt nature of his response and detailed explanation surprised all of us. It got me wondering what other surprising secrets might lie in his fertile mind!”

Richard Ellis
Steele Professor
249-17 Astronomy
Caltech, Pasadena
California, USA
Old 01-08-2011, 07:56 PM
OldTimer

Well... the evidence of Native people encountering and interacting with people from other worlds just continues to pile up... or something, huh. Or could it mean the Kogi came from those stars or... does it mean these people have traveled there in the past in some way? Very interesting account.
Old 01-08-2011, 08:57 PM
Sundialed

I am not sure, but I know that many natives within their esoteric circles can traverse the universe and time without "spaceships."

If you wish to learn more about the Kogi I would suggest visiting http://www.taironatrust.org/ for starters and looking at the links for their history and culture.
Old 02-08-2011, 01:34 AM
Triad

Today the technology capable of understanding how that is possible does not exist....though hypothetically, the ability to increase electrons spin
in an object of matter. Electrons can orbit the nucleus of an atom at one half the speed of light which, in a vessel traveling at the same
speed would result in that vessel experiencing time dialation.

The point though is the ability to accelerate electrons in there orbit beyond this standard speed for all electrons orbiting there nucleus in an atom

You see the objects density would increase and perhaps to an extent where a pocket of space/time could fold around the object...it could then move at any speed
to any location...

There are other ways of looking at it....in that your consciousness is everywhere while your body is here....

Thanks for the link...
http://www.webring.org/hub/taino

Any thoughts?
Old 02-08-2011, 02:04 AM
Triad

The good news is I am not the only person complaining about the fact the scientist seem to be avoiding indigenous cultures in matter related to all things...In my mind set that is really good news...what i have found is that many, many people in the United States are also related to the indigenous of this same land...They are also a part of the Brotherhood and Sisterhood...Beyond that we are one world and yes the Tao Te Ching is impressive..

A cousin of mine 10 times removed helped me her first name is Lina...Why did the Mayans not hunt the Buffalo...because they believed they were not their...the was an Ice Age it lasted two years the Anasazi moved south...
Old 02-08-2011, 03:15 AM
Master
This is a fabulous story and enjoyed it a lot. And reminds me of a tv presentation narrated by David Carradine many years ago talking about the Dogone tribe (sp?), showing how they seem to connect with the heavenly bodies by swinging this long string / rope with a wooden blade of some sort on the end of it. They too had knowledge of the heavens that surprised 'modern' scientists / man.

Old 02-08-2011, 03:33 AM
Triad

The Primacy of Consciousness (1 of 7)
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=M8AXm...eature=related

The Primacy of Consciousness (7 of 7)
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=ap-JvozEkC4

The Global Brain (1 of 4)
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=_73aF...eature=related

The Global Brain (4 of 4)
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=84Vsc...eature=related
Old 02-08-2011, 09:33 AM
Sundialed

Quote:
Originally Posted by Silvergirl
This is a fabulous story and enjoyed it a lot. And reminds me of a tv presentation narrated by David Carradine many years ago talking about the Dogone tribe (sp?), showing how they seem to connect with the heavenly bodies by swinging this long string / rope with a wooden blade of some sort on the end of it. They too had knowledge of the heavens that surprised 'modern' scientists / man.

oh yes the dogon! they are awesome, know a little bit about them. they have the solar system drawn out in a cave and it's like a 700 year old drawing or something, they also know that the star sirius b is made out of some of the heaviest matter in the universe. i'm not exact but something along those lines and they have moreee i'm sure.

that awesome event was filmed and will be a part of a movie due out early 2012 called Aluna (in which to the Kogi is the Mind/Life Force inside of nature) which the whole movie is about, and in which they wish to teach us about for our own good so we stop contaminating, they made a movie which was there first official message to the modern world ever in 1991 called From The Heart Of The World - The Elder Brothers Warning

They waited 20 years to see if we would listen, they see that we did not and are still destroying the earth. because we didn't listen, they now know we learn through our eyes. so they are going to show us the mind/ life force inside of nature so that we can be changed, they say if their mission fails, all of life will perish (and then renew of course...)

but hey love in love always can never go wrong with that right.

www.alunathemovie.com
Old 02-08-2011, 09:40 AM
Sundialed

Quote:
Originally Posted by Triad

will check out soon sir
Old 02-08-2011, 11:47 PM
Triad

Quote:
Originally Posted by Symbiotic Self
will check out soon sir

Each of us are a piece of an infinite puzzle...each piece knowing and understanding the whole...if it makes you feel better you can call me sir but we can all understand the whole....also I only render advice, because there exist a part of reality that is beyond words....I cannot present this aspect of reality...your path if taken will lead you to this part of reality.

Where Death is realized as a part of Life...Everyone in this World is related...

Disturbed - The Animal [Official Music Video]
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=dwxUgefMStM

Assassin's Creed Brotherhood - So Cold
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=xH6fr...eature=related

Disturbed-Indestructable[Muisc Vedio]
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=bK4UP0VyWZ8

In my opinion...
Any thoughts?

Last edited by Triad : 03-08-2011 at 12:59 AM.