Spiritual Forums

Home

Donate!

Articles

CHAT!

Shop

Welcome to Spiritual Forums!.

We created this community for people from all backgrounds to discuss Spiritual, Paranormal, Metaphysical, Philosophical, Supernatural, and Esoteric subjects. From Astral Projection to Zen, all topics are welcome. We hope you enjoy your visits.

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest, which gives you limited access to most discussions and articles. By joining our free community you will be able to post messages, communicate privately with other members (PM), respond to polls, upload your own photos, and gain access to our Chat Rooms, Registration is fast, simple, and free, so please, join our community today! !

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, check our FAQs before contacting support. Please read our forum rules, since they are enforced by our volunteer staff. This will help you avoid any infractions and issues.

Go Back   Spiritual Forums > Spirituality & Beliefs > Crystals & Gemstones

Old 23-02-2011, 08:40 PM
Moonkestrel

Angel1 Meditation with citrine and aegerine

Have done several meditations with citrine and aegerine and it never ceases to amaze me.

I felt hands over my third eye, palms on each temple with the fingers over my forehead. It felt like I was receiving a blessing which took all the pressure out of my third eye and replaced it with loving, pure, peaceful energy - no clutter! Got a message that Iolite is important for me at this time. My thrid eye felt strong, clear and vibrant although I did feel resistant to this at first. My concious mind tried to worry about not being grounded but I know this won't be a problem - balance in all things eh?!

Saw the word Lizard in my mind then immediately saw a light green lizard. At this point I felta crystal resting on my forehead although there wasn't one physically there. Maybe Iolite? Whatever it was, I absorbed the crystal and it's energies.

Then, and this is really the reason for this post, the strangest thing happened. I felt as if I was starting to shape-shift! Not sure into what or why but it was so real (and surreal at the same time!). I was extremely aware of the subtle changes within myself. It was amazing!

Has anyone else had experience of shape-shifting? Would love to hear about any experiences as it's new to me and want to find out what it's all about!
Old 24-02-2011, 12:39 AM
Master
Haven't experienced shape shifting but may be the Lizard is your personal power animal for that chakra . Draw in the power of the lizard :)

Sounds like an amazing meditation , thanks for sharing x

Every situation is an opportunity for healing, learning, growth and transformation.
Old 28-02-2011, 06:57 PM
Moonkestrel

Quote:
Originally Posted by Topaz
Haven't experienced shape shifting but may be the Lizard is your personal power animal for that chakra . Draw in the power of the lizard :)

Sounds like an amazing meditation , thanks for sharing x

Do you think we have a power animal for each chakra? Aside from the main totem animals?
Old 28-02-2011, 07:00 PM
tragblack

Sometimes, during meditation, my skin starts to feel like it's crawling and moving around... or it will feel like my hands are turning around against my will... actually it kind of feels like a limb falling asleep, but that's not what it was. I think I was just feeling blood flowing in my body due to being still and quiet for so long. That, to me, kind of felt like shape-shifting.
Old 15-04-2011, 05:24 PM
Master
Quote:
Originally Posted by Moonkestrel
Have done several meditations with citrine and aegerine and it never ceases to amaze me.

I felt hands over my third eye, palms on each temple with the fingers over my forehead. It felt like I was receiving a blessing which took all the pressure out of my third eye and replaced it with loving, pure, peaceful energy - no clutter! Got a message that Iolite is important for me at this time. My thrid eye felt strong, clear and vibrant although I did feel resistant to this at first. My concious mind tried to worry about not being grounded but I know this won't be a problem - balance in all things eh?!

Saw the word Lizard in my mind then immediately saw a light green lizard. At this point I felta crystal resting on my forehead although there wasn't one physically there. Maybe Iolite? Whatever it was, I absorbed the crystal and it's energies.

Then, and this is really the reason for this post, the strangest thing happened. I felt as if I was starting to shape-shift! Not sure into what or why but it was so real (and surreal at the same time!). I was extremely aware of the subtle changes within myself. It was amazing!

Has anyone else had experience of shape-shifting? Would love to hear about any experiences as it's new to me and want to find out what it's all about!

Wow Moonkestrel!!

Firstly, your thread caught my eye because I too have a love of crystals and have 2 beautiful citrines..

And, since I have been wanting to meditate w/out my CD (just in silence) I thought I'd take a peek at your thread..

Well, unbelievable to me, but I see in your OP the word "Lizard"... In my "Yourspace" thread I speak of Lizard appearing to me just recently in my dreams first, then the next day in my tarot card reading (one tarot card pulled) and then the movie my hubby rented the next day, the main character's buddy was a lizard!

I have been having feelings of doubt and uncertainty and yesterday just got our Kids National Georgraphic magazine yesterday and who is on the cover?? Lizard!

So you can imagine my surprise when I see 'lizard' in your post!

It's when things like this happen that my doubts fade into the background and I just know there HAS to be something more to my 'coincidences' than meets the eye!

So, I'm off to read the rest of this thread...Perhaps there is some clue in here as to why I've experienced lizard too.. Very interesting indeed!

Thank you for sharing!

Blessings,

Cam/EarthMamma

Last edited by Ravens_Light : 15-04-2011 at 06:56 PM.
Old 15-04-2011, 08:35 PM
Moonkestrel

Ooo EarthMamma - sounds very very interesting Let me know if you discover anything as am still trying to work out the significance of Lizard myself...and am amazed that you mentioned it (as you were that it was in the thread!!!). These things have a way of getting our attention don't they? Most often when we least expect it!

Quote:
Originally Posted by EarthMamma
Wow Moonkestrel!!

Firstly, your thread caught my eye because I too have a love of crystals and have 2 beautiful citrines..

And, since I have been wanting to meditate w/out my CD (just in silence) I thought I'd take a peek at your thread..

Well, unbelievable to me, but I see in your OP the word "Lizard"... In my "Yourspace" thread I speak of Lizard appearing to me just recently in my dreams first, then the next day in my tarot card reading (one tarot card pulled) and then the movie my hubby rented the next day, the main character's buddy was a lizard!

I have been having feelings of doubt and uncertainty and yesterday just got our Kids National Georgraphic magazine yesterday and who is on the cover?? Lizard!

So you can imagine my surprise when I see 'lizard' in your post!

It's when things like this happen that my doubts fade into the background and I just know there HAS to be something more to my 'coincidences' than meets the eye!

So, I'm off to read the rest of this thread...Perhaps there is some clue in here as to why I've experienced lizard too.. Very interesting indeed!

Thank you for sharing!

Blessings,

Cam/EarthMamma
Old 15-04-2011, 09:10 PM
Master
Quote:
Originally Posted by Moonkestrel
Ooo EarthMamma - sounds very very interesting Let me know if you discover anything as am still trying to work out the significance of Lizard myself...and am amazed that you mentioned it (as you were that it was in the thread!!!). These things have a way of getting our attention don't they? Most often when we least expect it!

Hello there!

Thank you!

I did actually discover what I believe Lizzy signifies for me.... I usually have to check a few different sources and usually once I hit upon the right one, it always really clear that it is the interpretation meant for me...

When I first realized Lizard was here, I looked up the general symbology and totem interpretations... Altho' I could possibly apply a lot of it, it wasn't really clear ...

Then I came upon this:

Furthermore, most lizards are gifted with various forms of camouflage, and trickery to allude predators (like detaching their tails of caught by a hungry predator so that the lizard can escape to live another day).
These gifts of illusion are symbolic messages to us that within us (as children of nature ourselves) we have impressive giftswe may utilize for our well-being.
The lizard comes with a message about our responsibility to recognize these hidden gifts and skills so that we may avoid harm, and live freely and happily as we are designed to live.

The thing that really stood out to me firstly was 'camouflage' which reminded me of Fox who came recently to make itself known....He brings similar gifts/medicine/messages...... And I recall what you mentioned about your Lizard and the feeling of Shapeshifting! See below!

The fox also a reminder that we must utilize all of our resources (seen and unseen) in order to accomplish our goals. Sometimes this means calling upon some unorthodox methods.
Furthermore, the fox is a sign to be mindful of our surroundings.
Phenomenally effective shapeshifters and incredibly adaptable, the fox beckons us to not make too many waves but rather, adapt to our surroundings, blend into it (such as in camoflage -- my note here), and use our surroundings (and circumstances) to our advantage.

I had a really hard time figuring out what he (Fox) was trying to tell me at the time, so I think he said 'OY.... Lizard, will YOU go try to get the message thru??" LOL!!!

Now even tho' I'm joking, I still do wonder if there's something else in Fox's message that I'm just not picking up.... Shapeshifting seems to be a recurrent theme among my totesm -- another of my totems is Owl. I don't know really how that would apply to me in my life..

So tho' I'm not positive, perhaps the message is that it's time theses gifts are going to come to the surface, or they should be cultivated or watched for.. Or they are bringing them (to my consciousness)..At least I think so....

What do you think about why Lizard has appeared to you? Does any of this resonate with you at all??
Old 15-04-2011, 10:17 PM
Moonkestrel

Wow that's amazing! I have come across Fox as a totem many times and consider myself very blessed because of it. Fox taught me the lesson of adaptability ( as you mentioned...adapt to your surroundings).

Lizard however, reaches me from a different level. I find Fox's energy very earthy and grounding whereas Lizard seems to be more about visions, dreams and the like which relate to the third eye chakra. One of my all time favourite books "Animal Spirit Guides" by Stephen Farmer, says the following:

If Lizard shows up, pay close attention to your dreams - especially recurring themes or images...duuurr, like a lizard perhaps :-) lol! This is an especially sensitive time right now, one where you're acutely aware of sights, sounds and vibrations so be extra careful about who and what you surround yourself with..meditate and call upon a deep and ancient part of you..asking to be shown a vision of your life path.

Particularly interesting for me at this time is the following from the same book: ...you're obsessing about your past, a situation in your past or an old part of yourself that's no longer useful and you want to detach and release it.

Am also realising that Lizard is helping me to trust, aceept and believe in the magical and spiritual experiences I am having...love the way you put it about we have gifts we may utilise for our well-being....message about our responsibility to recognise these hidden gifts and skills. This really resonates for me a a BIG way as am developing and learning more on my spiritual life now that I ever have, am more in control of my energies and emotions and am really opening up to a higher level.

Am still exploring shapeshifting but finding it fascinating - there's so much to learn!

Thanks so much for sharing your experiences! xxx

edited to add: forgot to mention that I have a brass Fox ornament on the window in my crystal/mediation room.....
Old 16-04-2011, 07:12 AM
Master
Hello, Moonkestrel!

I'm stopping by at nearly midnight (because I have two sick little guys who keep waking) to let you know I'd be responding to your lovely post...

Also, before I headed back to bed, I wanted to pull up the symbology for 'ship' as I started to remember more of a dream I had last night (I think?) and accidentally (yeah, right! ) came across this while scrolling down the list:

Shape Shifting
*Please see Metamorphosis, Morph or Zoomorphism.

Well, I'm not sure if this will resonate with you or not, but because of what I see above, it made me realize that Fox, or Lizard or any other creature that specifically brings the gift of shapeshifting, may in other words, be assisting in a metamorphosis or transformation!

I'm not sure about you, but I've been getting butterflies also & of course they are symbolic & actually go thru metamorphosis...

And taking this a step further, I liked how you made a distinction between Fox & Lizard in terms of their types of energy ... What chakras/energies you feel they are mostly associated with...

So what I'm getting at is that in making this connection of 'shapeshifting' being not so literal in terms of the physical, I think it's symbolic of 'transformation' -- and in the particular area of life, or in area that would be linked to a certain chakra..

Lizard would then be possibly symbolic of transformation of the 3rd eye...

Wow I may be way off.. I'm dilerious with fatigue!
Old 16-04-2011, 03:45 PM
Sindy

When I use my crystals I feel my third eye clearing. I have had some really weird experiences like I can see weird faces sometimes almost like my Spirit Guide or people who have passed. I love my crystals and don't think I could have got through certain things without them!!!!!