Spiritual Forums

Home

Donate!

Articles

CHAT!

Shop

Welcome to Spiritual Forums!.

We created this community for people from all backgrounds to discuss Spiritual, Paranormal, Metaphysical, Philosophical, Supernatural, and Esoteric subjects. From Astral Projection to Zen, all topics are welcome. We hope you enjoy your visits.

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest, which gives you limited access to most discussions and articles. By joining our free community you will be able to post messages, communicate privately with other members (PM), respond to polls, upload your own photos, and gain access to our Chat Rooms, Registration is fast, simple, and free, so please, join our community today! !

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, check our FAQs before contacting support. Please read our forum rules, since they are enforced by our volunteer staff. This will help you avoid any infractions and issues.

Go Back   Spiritual Forums > Spirituality & Beliefs > General Beliefs

Old 21-02-2011, 11:51 PM
Master
Self Worth & New Age Spirtuality

The general consensus seems to be that we create our reality, we are responsible for who we attract, the situations we are in either by pre birth decisions or by negative thought patterns. Does this mean we get what we deserve in life? if we think negative or made decisions or agreed to certain destinies or karma prior to birth, are the negative events that happen to us our fault?

How far does this go exactly? does a rape victim ask to be raped or attract it then? What about holding the rapist accountable?

thoughts?
Old 22-02-2011, 12:13 AM
Royalite

I think obstacles are in our way for us to overcome and to master ourselves. So the rapist and the person raped both play a role which serves a purpose in their overall path.
Old 22-02-2011, 12:37 AM
Animus27

I am a firm believer in the philosophy "%@$! happens". Not to say that there's no spiritual reason, or anything, it's just that I don't think we can know for certain either way.

Quote:
How far does this go exactly? does a rape victim ask to be raped or attract it then? What about holding the rapist accountable?
That is something I find particularly distasteful about some newer religious movements. They try to destroy the concept of "victim" by doing some strange empowerment thing. Not that a woman who is raped should wallow in the horrific occurrence, but to tell her that "oh, it's something your higher self wanted to experience!" is a terrible and belittling thing to say, in my opinion.

I also think that due to the individualistic post-modern society most New Age ideas seem to be popular in, are heavily influenced by it. Thus, phrases like "you create your reality", "everything that happens to you is something you planned or wanted before you were born", is a new wave of self-exaltation that can border on the silly at times.
Old 22-02-2011, 01:00 AM
Master
Yes I have a hard time accepting this as well, I do believe in pre birth contracts, thought forms being energy etc but this I find troubling.
Old 22-02-2011, 02:35 AM
TzuJanLi

Greetings..

Quote:
Originally Posted by Dynamist
I think obstacles are in our way for us to overcome and to master ourselves. So the rapist and the person raped both play a role which serves a purpose in their overall path.
Pointless.. there is no rape worthy of justification, it serves no useful purpose.. is this what 'Spirituality' has become? there is no higher purpose for rape.. and trying to justify it as some higher purpose simply lacks the character to call it what it is, violence against the will and spirit of another.

Be well..
Old 22-02-2011, 02:48 AM
TzuJanLi

Greetings..

Quote:
Originally Posted by Rosewater
Yes I have a hard time accepting this as well, I do believe in pre birth contracts, thought forms being energy etc but this I find troubling.
I cannot conceive of "pre birth contracts".. at conception a portal opens and another individualized stream of Consciousness begins its evolution of Physical Experience.. the blue-print for this physical experience is stored genetically, but Consciousness constructs the Experience as it will, as it is conditioned and as it has the will and clarity to define itself apart from other influences.. i sense the Cosmos to be elegantly simple..

Be well..
Old 22-02-2011, 03:14 AM
Royalite

Quote:
Originally Posted by TzuJanLi
Greetings..

Pointless.. there is no rape worthy of justification, it serves no useful purpose.. is this what 'Spirituality' has become? there is no higher purpose for rape.. and trying to justify it as some higher purpose simply lacks the character to call it what it is, violence against the will and spirit of another.

Be well..

I think you misinterpreted my post. But yes.
Old 22-02-2011, 03:25 AM
Master
I was raped a long time ago, I had a lot of anger over it for years, but through this anger I learnt to be compassionate towards the men who did what they did to me, I was also shot by someone that I never knew and i have also learnt to be compassionate toward him. The emotional pain I believe lead me or the apparent me into what is called an Awakening, but I have to say that I wasn't there when it happened, when i was there after this realization I was totally changed. I can even say now, thank you to all this that has happen, you helped me to grow.
Old 22-02-2011, 08:50 AM
Master
Quote:
The general consensus seems to be that we create our reality, we are responsible for who we attract, the situations we are in either by pre birth decisions or by negative thought patterns. Does this mean we get what we deserve in life? if we think negative or made decisions or agreed to certain destinies or karma prior to birth, are the negative events that happen to us our fault?
thoughts?
There is no proof for these ideas, so why do you lower yourself believing in it?

These beliefs sound like fatalism, self-defeat, and letting yourself run over.. run over by a cultural belief...
A cultural belief that went mainstream in the western world as a result of colonialism/globalisation.

I'd say drop the beliefs and just accept the fact that we humans don't know why this or that happens to person X. We aren't all-knowing gods.
Old 23-02-2011, 12:24 PM
Master
Quote:

thoughts?

The mechanism here is that everything starts as an energy pattern. If you can perceive this pattern and make healthy choices about it then you can avoid having to manifest it physically. If you ignore this pattern it will slowly become stronger until it does manifest. If you continue to ignore it then it will continue to grow in intensity until we pay attention. In the case of the rape victim, they have already ignored it for a long time.

Holding the rapist accoutable is a good thing from a societal point of view, but from a personal growth perspective, it is necessary to take personal responsibility. Without a sense of responsibility we are victims, powerless to change our self-destructive cycles. Basically, the more responsibility you take for the things that happen in your life, the more empowered you become.

How far does it go? That's a choice we all have to make.