Spiritual Forums

Home

Donate!

Articles

CHAT!

Shop

Welcome to Spiritual Forums!.

We created this community for people from all backgrounds to discuss Spiritual, Paranormal, Metaphysical, Philosophical, Supernatural, and Esoteric subjects. From Astral Projection to Zen, all topics are welcome. We hope you enjoy your visits.

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest, which gives you limited access to most discussions and articles. By joining our free community you will be able to post messages, communicate privately with other members (PM), respond to polls, upload your own photos, and gain access to our Chat Rooms, Registration is fast, simple, and free, so please, join our community today! !

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, check our FAQs before contacting support. Please read our forum rules, since they are enforced by our volunteer staff. This will help you avoid any infractions and issues.

Go Back   Spiritual Forums > Spirituality & Beliefs > Tarot and Oracle Cards

Old 31-10-2016, 01:21 PM
Newbie ;)

Cartomancy/Playing Cards Anyone?

Does anyone else use playing cards for their tool? For some reason when i began using cards I was drawn to using playing cards. I think something about them being the basis for tarot cards made me train with them over the tarot. I do have knowledge of the tarot as well and sometimes that knowledge comes through when im reading playing cards. I've never played games with the deck I use. They're strictly for readings.

Im just curious about anyone else who uses them? What made you choose them over tarot? Did you study from someone specific or draw knowledge from different sources?

I personally draw knowledge from different sources through the years along with what my intuition feels from the combination of cards.
Old 31-10-2016, 03:19 PM
Master
that's wonderful ThePelican.
i (mentally) drew a card for you -- it just came to mind.
i saw the three of clubs:
http://thecardsoflife.com/three-of-clubs-person/

i figure that the inspiration you've gotten from varied sources was
simply eliciting something from within you that was already present.
Old 31-10-2016, 03:49 PM
Deactivated Account

HI ThePelican,

I am highly intrigued with the idea of using poker playing cards. The suites represent earth, water, fire and air. Traditional tarot uses these elements as well so the interpretation would be very similar in essence. I feel you would have to use more your mental muscles.

We should make a playing card poker thread here sometime. I would love practice with it.

Wands -- Clubs-- fire
Cups -- Hearts-- water
Swords -- Spades--air
Pentacles -- Diamonds--earth
Old 31-10-2016, 06:14 PM
Master

I've tried but I struggle; I must really need images to make an emotive connection with the cards.

So now I just have uber-envy for anyone who can. Look at y'all, playin' with yo standard cards, nawt needin' no pictures, nawt needin' no help...
Old 31-10-2016, 07:18 PM
Newbie ;)

Quote:
Originally Posted by H:O:R:A:C:E
that's wonderful ThePelican.
i (mentally) drew a card for you -- it just came to mind.
i saw the three of clubs:

i figure that the inspiration you've gotten from varied sources was
simply eliciting something from within you that was already present.

According to my birthdate my card is the 2 of diamonds but some of what the 3 of clubs card said resonated with me a bit.
Old 31-10-2016, 07:20 PM
Newbie ;)

Quote:
Originally Posted by Clover
HI ThePelican,

I am highly intrigued with the idea of using poker playing cards. The suites represent earth, water, fire and air. Traditional tarot uses these elements as well so the interpretation would be very similar in essence. I feel you would have to use more your mental muscles.

We should make a playing card poker thread here sometime. I would love practice with it.

Wands -- Clubs-- fire
Cups -- Hearts-- water
Swords -- Spades--air
Pentacles -- Diamonds--earth

Hi! I definitely read the cards with the element in mind as well as the suits in the tarot. That poker thread sounds like it would be fun.
Old 31-10-2016, 07:25 PM
Newbie ;)

Quote:
Originally Posted by tealily
I've tried but I struggle; I must really need images to make an emotive connection with the cards.

So now I just have uber-envy for anyone who can. Look at y'all, playin' with yo standard cards, nawt needin' no pictures, nawt needin' no help...

I feel if you can memorize the tarot it can help you transition to playing cards if you wanted. But i also feel like if what you use works for you why change it? But it can also help you rely on intuition more. Numerology also helps me when reading playing cards.
Old 01-11-2016, 06:27 AM
Astral Seeker

Playing cards reader

I've been reading playing cards for many years.

For those who want to start learning I've written an article as a guest on this site :

https://seaqueen.wordpress.com/2016/...e-card-reader/

I have a site with many articles and videos about playing cards :
http://www.yourcardreading.com/

If you have any question, let me know, I will be more than happy to answer.