Spiritual Forums

Home

Donate!

Articles

CHAT!

Shop

Welcome to Spiritual Forums!.

We created this community for people from all backgrounds to discuss Spiritual, Paranormal, Metaphysical, Philosophical, Supernatural, and Esoteric subjects. From Astral Projection to Zen, all topics are welcome. We hope you enjoy your visits.

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest, which gives you limited access to most discussions and articles. By joining our free community you will be able to post messages, communicate privately with other members (PM), respond to polls, upload your own photos, and gain access to our Chat Rooms, Registration is fast, simple, and free, so please, join our community today! !

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, check our FAQs before contacting support. Please read our forum rules, since they are enforced by our volunteer staff. This will help you avoid any infractions and issues.

Go Back   Spiritual Forums > Complementary Therapies & Traditional Medicine > Reiki

Old 22-02-2011, 10:26 PM
CJ82Sky

Reiki I - what now?

so i am finally a Reiki I and practicing on myself and my animals. i have a horse rescue as well as personal animals and plan on practicing on them as well as the main reason was to be able to help them.

my question is what else do you all Reiki I's (or when you were a Reiki I) do? i've had friends ask me to Reiki them and i'm happy to but i also know it takes about an hour (or more depending on the person) and i was thinking of asking anyone that if they wanted they could just make a small donation to the rescue - does that sound fair? i'm not looking to make $ for myself, but to do this to help more animals. just wanted some thoughts!

in a few months i will be going for Reiki II when i am ready and i can't wait :)

also im going to post an intro thread and update my profile since i am new here but it wouldn't let me before! thanks and happy to be here :)
Old 23-02-2011, 03:31 AM
AngelBreeze

Warm greetings, CJ82Sky!

Quote:
Originally Posted by CJ82Sky
so i am finally a Reiki I and practicing on myself and my animals. i have a horse rescue as well as personal animals and plan on practicing on them as well as the main reason was to be able to help them.

Congratulations on your Reiki I initiation! May I ask if it is in The Usui System (Usui Shiki Ryoho)? Since you are new, I need to let you know that I am a Reiki master in The Usui System.

my question is what else do you all Reiki I's (or when you were a Reiki I) do? i've had friends ask me to Reiki them and i'm happy to but i also know it takes about an hour (or more depending on the person) and i was thinking of asking anyone that if they wanted they could just make a small donation to the rescue - does that sound fair? i'm not looking to make $ for myself, but to do this to help more animals. just wanted some thoughts!

When I was a Reiki I, I read a lot on Reiki in order to familiarize myself with the experiences other Reiki people had. I believe I read just about every book on Reiki that was written then. It was great background information for me.

About the donation, you must have surely learned in your Reiki I class that an'energy exchange' is usually requested for Reiki service. That is so the person does not feel like they are beggars to only ask for Reiki but give nothing in return. It also teaches them to appreciate the Reiki more knowing they have contributed something towards receiving it. And also remember that one does not charge for Reiki. The fee or energy exchange is for the time that it takes for the session(s).

You might also want to consider joining a local group that does Reiki exchanges (you can find ads in bulletin boards at local bookstores, metaphysical shops, etc.) for more practice and to meet new people who also do Reiki! That will give you additional experience as well as make you some new friends!

in a few months i will be going for Reiki II when i am ready and i can't wait :)

also im going to post an intro thread and update my profile since i am new here but it wouldn't let me before! thanks and happy to be here :)

I wish you the very best in your Reiki practice and hope that when you feel you're ready you can go on to study and be initiated into Reiki II.

May you always be surrounded by Peace and Light!

I Am Sending You Many Hugs With Much Love and Pure Light,
(\o/) AngelBreeze (\o/)
Old 23-02-2011, 10:50 AM
Experiencer
Congratulations!

Yes I do think that its fair! I'm sure you're friends won't mind at all. You are taking time out of your life so that reiki can flow through you to them, and all you are asking is a small donation for a good cause. Seems perfectly fair.

All the best,
-TrainsAndSewingMachines
Old 23-02-2011, 04:11 PM
CJ82Sky

ty both!

angel breeze - yes to energy exchange and i have several friends that i will be doing that with. and yes i should have said that better - i meant for the time spent doing the reiki not the energy itself as that is universal and not mine to sell or give!

i want to also clarify i'm not looking to start that - a full practice by any means - but was just thinking from friends who do not know reiki but want a session. so it would help the rescue IF they wanted to (keep it optional) with no set fee for the time. just a requested donation.

i am certified in traditional and angelic reiki I

thanks for the feedback!
Old 23-02-2011, 04:54 PM
CJ82Sky

durr me. i just emailed my reiki teacher and she said basically same as you guys - start off practicing first then she said most reiki I's do $25/hour for time, and that a donation is a nice idea :)

thanks again everyone!
Old 23-02-2011, 05:51 PM
Master
I didn't think we could charge for reiki 1. That an exchange needs to happen - so maybe reiki for reiki, reiki for flowers, reiki for a meal - that sort of thing.

I thought that at level 2 you could charge and that you needed to have insurance to do so.
Old 23-02-2011, 05:58 PM
CJ82Sky

i think it varies by locale. i confirmed in my area anyway you can charge for the time if you are reiki 1, but i am going to just ask people to make a donation if they like to the horse rescue. so no set amount, no fee per se. also i am only doing this for friends, so not advertising and so on. thanks!
Old 23-02-2011, 07:42 PM
Enya

Sounds as if you're doing just fine! One thought though - if you're in the UK, you can't give Reiki to other peoples animals without the consent of their vet. It's illegal to practice any form of treatment on animals outwith accepted veterinarian practice. I'm sure it's okay for your own, though.
Old 23-02-2011, 07:47 PM
CJ82Sky

enya - wow i had no idea! i am in the US (for some reason i can't update my profile :( ) but wow that seems very very strict in the UK! you need not just owner but also vet consent for reiki on animals?!?! i can see something like chiropractic or massage (many us states have those regulations) but reiki is energy. i suppose everywhere is different - ty for the heads up - again not that i am in the uk but very good to know!
Old 23-02-2011, 07:49 PM
Enya

I think the ruling probably came about decades before complementary treatments began to emerge, so it's an old law which has never been challenged. That said, many vets now are interested in comp. health and even practice accupuncture, reiki etc themselves.