Spiritual Forums

Home

Donate!

Articles

CHAT!

Shop

Welcome to Spiritual Forums!.

We created this community for people from all backgrounds to discuss Spiritual, Paranormal, Metaphysical, Philosophical, Supernatural, and Esoteric subjects. From Astral Projection to Zen, all topics are welcome. We hope you enjoy your visits.

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest, which gives you limited access to most discussions and articles. By joining our free community you will be able to post messages, communicate privately with other members (PM), respond to polls, upload your own photos, and gain access to our Chat Rooms, Registration is fast, simple, and free, so please, join our community today! !

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, check our FAQs before contacting support. Please read our forum rules, since they are enforced by our volunteer staff. This will help you avoid any infractions and issues.

Go Back   Spiritual Forums > Complementary Therapies & Traditional Medicine > Reiki

Old 12-07-2011, 11:38 PM
Knower
Attunement Experiences...???

Hi all,

I just wanted to quickly share my attunement to Reiki 1 experience in the hopes that I can get some reassurance that this is normal or have someone more experienced share their attunement experience with me.

OK so I was attuned to both Reiki 1 & Sei Chem 4 days ago. During the Reiki attunement I felt alot of tingely sensations, some cold breezes & some waves of energy. The Sei Chem attunement was more eletric, kinda like the air gets after lightening. She performed Reiki on me first to show me the hand positions and I felt a few energy waves and some heat. Her form of Reiki seems alot more subtle then any I have experienced from other practioners. One guy's reiki was so strong when he was performing it others I could feel it if I was even in the room.

I then practised on my master and she said I was doing really well. I felt slight tingels in my hands nothing major but she reassured me that I was helping to clear her blockages. I then did her heart and got stuck there for about 10 mins, the heat was intense (it was a very cold day and my hands were sweating).

Now since the attunements I haven't had much time to practise, but my master said my hands might have a mind of their own now and just switch on and off. I have not experienced that at all. My hands have been very inactive and I'm abit concerned maybe I've lost my "touch" hehe.

Also since the attunement, its like a veil has been lifted from my eyes. The knowledge just came to me that I am an Empath. And doing some research it's so true, I wish I knew this 15 years ago!!!

So I guess my point is something is definetly happening with me, but not really what I expected...

Any thoughts would be greatly appreciated
Old 13-07-2011, 06:17 AM
Aylesha

It may be a good idea to discuss your concerns with your Reiki master as she remain responsible for you during this learning time.

Regarding with your hands tingling - please do not be concerned with this I am sure that your Reiki master will say the same, as each Reiki practitioner both new and experienced all experience different levels of energy flowing through their hands.
Old 14-07-2011, 11:25 PM
Knower
Hi Aylesha, I have talked to her & she told me not to worry my attunements were wonderful. I just need to practice on more people and to stop putting pressure on myself.

I definetly feel more intune to the universes energy, which is awesome :)
Old 15-07-2011, 04:22 PM
Bani

After my attunement, I 'saw' golden light and also had the 'tingling' sensation (and cried lke a baby.) *giggles* These days, while in the presense of others that are 'imbalanced' in some way, my hands warm...and sometimes get very hot. That also occurs to me when I am about to be unwell. I am new here and look forward to seeing more posts regarding Reiki! :)
Old 17-07-2011, 11:30 AM
Knower
Thank you for sharing Bani!
Old 27-08-2011, 04:19 PM
Master
Hi Gabes

I am reiki one attuned and just wanted to share my experiences with you.

When i first went for my attunement and my master began placing the symbols in my palms to my chakras, i saw a white dove, and some colours.

as we went through the attunement i began getting tingly/numbness sensations in my gums, my reiki master assured me that it was the energies coming through and not to worry.

Then for the 21 day detox period i began reiki self healing, altho i did not feel much i saw colours appaering on my third eye when placing my hands on the back of my neck and third eye.

When i returned for the final attunement i got to practise my energies with my master on another reiki master, i felt very nervous, but to my suprise i picked up a few emotions on her and i was correct.

Just recently i have been experiencing many things when giving a reiki to my family and friends and feel this is a real learning growing process.

I would like to take my next level attunement in the future, but feel no rush as i have many other earthly goals to achieve at the moment. I feel the reiki doe's what i need it for and i trust in reiki even when sending distant even tho i am not level 2 attuned and know my symbols. I trust the people i send it to recieves the healing.

I wish you all the best on your reiki experience. And has my master said to me which i think is a lovely tip, reiki is now with you for life, weather you use it or not, you are now attuned for life and it is just like swithching a light on and off ;)

Love Golden Angel ;)x
Old 01-09-2011, 11:56 PM
geminilite

i had a really cool experience when i was attuned at Reiki 1 , lol i was sat on the chair when i realised there was a man kneeling to my right, in my mind i could see him clearly , i didnt know who he was at the time but afterwards i told my Reiki Master about it and he said yes it was Dr Usui himself, apparently my Reiki Master had seen him too... when I looked him up and yes it was definitely him..

I was so grateful for him actually coming to my attunment lol and I know on occassions he has come when I have been treating someone
Old 02-09-2011, 06:46 PM
Enya

Gabes, everyone gets something different from their attunements, according to the level of personal development they are on and what they need to be aware of first. Don't fuss the details... just reiki reiki reiki, never mind what other people do or get and focus on allowing the energy to do its 'thing'.
Old 12-09-2011, 03:36 AM
Maura

Gabes, I am a Reiki Master. What you are describing is Wonderful! So very happy for you. I find I have to let the energy flow.. today I had to get serious with myself and clear my body from blocks. Also, if you find that you are tiring from doing Reiki it is because the ego is in the way.. gently move it aside and allow the Divine to flow through. Brightest Blessings! Maura
Old 15-11-2011, 01:06 PM
babycakes

Hi guys.
I thought id add my reiki attunement experience here too.
I had mine done by master martin lee, via distance, and the 24 hour period he'd said that he would send it, i prepared with a soothing shower, meditation, fasting...all of what i would do if it was done in person. I made it very sacred. i had no feelings, no effects. nothing. so because i was a little skeptical to begin with, i sent him a friendly email saying i felt nothing and that he shouldnt worry about it.
he said he would send it again that night.
i didnt really expect anything, and just went about my usual business...actually forgetting about it. The next morning I woke to tears dripping down my cheeks. I washed my face, but the tears just poured down. I walked my daughter to school, and still I cried and cried. I didnt know why. That day i sent him an email saying I was crying ahd didnt know why. he said i got the attunements...all in one.
I cried like that for 2 days.
my eyes were so bloodshot.
in the end i had a dream of my mum, who had passed away some years earlier...and realised i had never grieved for her properly, so i was grieving for those 2 days straight. My spirit was just doing its own thing and releasing what needed to be released.
When i did reiki on myself, i felt the heat in my hands, and when i went close to people they would tingle.
I also had frequent dreams of Kwan Yin after that.
Thats my little stroy.
Bright blessings.