Spiritual Forums

Home

Donate!

Articles

CHAT!

Shop

Welcome to Spiritual Forums!.

We created this community for people from all backgrounds to discuss Spiritual, Paranormal, Metaphysical, Philosophical, Supernatural, and Esoteric subjects. From Astral Projection to Zen, all topics are welcome. We hope you enjoy your visits.

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest, which gives you limited access to most discussions and articles. By joining our free community you will be able to post messages, communicate privately with other members (PM), respond to polls, upload your own photos, and gain access to our Chat Rooms, Registration is fast, simple, and free, so please, join our community today! !

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, check our FAQs before contacting support. Please read our forum rules, since they are enforced by our volunteer staff. This will help you avoid any infractions and issues.

Go Back   Spiritual Forums > Religions & Faiths > Christianity

Old 23-05-2012, 01:39 PM
Experiencer

Question about prayer.

I struggle with prayer, is it ok to say the same prayer if not asking for anything?
Old 23-05-2012, 04:19 PM
Master

We can pray about anything. God doesn't put any limits on praying to him. But there is one barrier to receiving an answer to our prayers and that is sin. Our sins must first be forgiven. Here is a post I made on another thread you started.

http://www.spiritualforums.com/vb/showpost.php?p=541253&postcount=45
Old 23-05-2012, 04:56 PM
MRDazzle

Great question Candy.
Prayer isn't a ritual saying to find favor with God
Prayer isn't always verbal.
Sometimes Prayer is in our actions and a lot of times in our thoughts.
Meditation to me is a form of prayer. Being silent to listen to Him speak.
Prayer is not a good deed to get you through the doors of heaven. No deeds at all can get you into the gates of heaven.

There is so much fear and guilt taught in Christianity today that I can see why people are confused about the Love of God.

I will say this..
If your prayer, that you repeat every day, is from the heart and spoken in love and honesty, then your prayer is heard.

In The Lord's prayer. You will notice it does NOT start with " forgive me Lord"
It starts with Praising him for the good he has done. Starting any prayer with a grateful heart is probably a great way to start. The whole prayer is about guidance from God, praising God, knowing he will provide and forgive us as we forgive others.
Old 23-05-2012, 11:09 PM
TeeHee

Quote:
Originally Posted by candyfloss28
I struggle with prayer, is it ok to say the same prayer if not asking for anything?

Thanksgiving makes for good prayer, there's nothing wrong with being grateful and recognizing God's works in life. Sometimes we just marvel at creation, and can do nothing but express thanks.

ACTS is a good way to model one's prayer: Adoration, confession, thanksgiving, supplication.
Old 23-05-2012, 11:13 PM
Master

Quote:
I think so, personally I don't ask for anything in prayer except forgiveness, I wouldn't presume God is going to do what I want, except for giving love and healing, that's what God does.

Last edited by Seawolf : 24-05-2012 at 01:15 AM.
Old 24-05-2012, 01:11 PM
Experiencer

If I do not pray will I go to Hell?
Old 24-05-2012, 02:43 PM
Master

Quote:
Whether or not you go to hell will depend on whether or not you repent of your sins and trust in Jesus Christ for salvation. If you do this then prayer will be a natural part of your life because you will have a desire to communicate with God. If you don't pray that is an indication that you have probably not taken this step.
Old 24-05-2012, 08:02 PM
Master

Quote:
Thing like hell are not relevant to healing. Guilt is not productive and is actually very self-centered at the core. Move beyond that and learn to love and accept yourself.
Old 31-05-2012, 02:02 PM
Ascender
Quote:

[color="DarkGreen"]I’m sorry, but God ,(Jehovah in Jesus name), which is how we should pray ,(John 14:6 -Jesus saith unto him, I am the way, the truth, and the life: no man cometh unto the Father, but by me). Jesus clearly shows who we should pray to. And we MUST go through Jesus with the hopes of HIS Father hearing our prayers. ANY who’s NOT trying to do his Father’s will. Isn’t his spiritual family ,(Matt.12:50). Many constantly look at Jesus as the Father. Yet he NEVER said he was, man did! And many will lose their lives because they refuse to know Jesus Father ,(John 17:3 -And this is life eternal, that they might know thee the only true God, and Jesus Christ, whom thou hast sent). Any who follows a lie, claiming to follow Jesus, really don’t even know him, Because his words are the truth.

Jesus teachings are for ALL who HIS Father SENT to him ,(Jesus). These are the people who got to know the Father…first! ,(John 6:44,45- No man can come to me, except the Father which hath sent me draw him: and I will raise him up at the last day. It is written in the prophets, And they shall be all taught of God. Every man therefore that hath heard, and hath learned of the Father, cometh unto me). Jesus said he told those who his Father sent to him, those who lived by the words of Jehovah God, his Father’s name ,(John 17:6 -I have manifested, (to make evidence by showing or displaying), thy name unto the men which thou gavest me out of the world: thine they were, and thou gavest them me; and they have kept thy word).

So with ALL that said, believe it or not ,God doesn’t HEAR, prayers from ANY who doesn’t direct them to HIM. And Jesus doesn’t Hear ANY prayers that’s directed to him. Someone say god hears ALL prayers, no he doesn’t…here’s a few more he would, and wouldn’t hear.

1. Selfish prayers…( “god can you bless me with a nice house”), but he may hear… Jehovah God in Jesus name, (I have to say what’s true), then asking for a better place because of the extreme bad conditions.

2. Praying evil against another…(god get him for me”), instead of asking God for something positive concerning that person.

3. Competitions games…(“ god make my team win”), Jehovah God, NOR Jesus deals with many earthly things.

4.praying for a certain man to win office, government…(Just because Jesus said we should follow certain rules. Didn’t mean he or his Father planted man's governments, NO Heavenly being is for the governments.(Psa.118:9 It is better to trust in the LORD than to put confidence in princes). God wouldn't destroy a government if he felt was a righteous ,(Dan. 2:44).

Jesus gave an example of how we should pray…Matt. 6:9-13 [/COLOR]“After this manner therefore pray ye: Our Father which art in heaven, Hallowed be thy name. Thy kingdom come, Thy will be done in earth, as it is in heaven. Give us this day our daily bread. And forgive us our debts, as we forgive our debtors. And lead us not into temptation, but deliver us from evil: For thine is the kingdom, and the power, and the glory, for ever. NOW.. We don’t have to always say it like that, because first God doesn’t want us to pray the same way all the time. just make referrences to those things. and not repeat some prayers Like…”god is great, god is good, let us thank you our food”

We can pray asking God to show us the truth, (if we’re willing to NOT care if ANY refuse to acknowledge us, many are afraid of what others may say or do). Matt. 10:36,37 And Luke 21:16,17. Of course daily ask for forgiveness of our sins. We can ask God to help us with our bad habits ,(1Pet.1:14 As obedient children, not fashioning yourselves according to the former lusts in your ignorance). Ask him to help us be no part of satan’s system/world ,(1John 2:15,16 , Rom.12:2). Jesus and his followers wasn’t ,(John 17:16). We can ask for help in getting close to God, help in understand his words through Jesus
,(John 15:15). Help in knowing ALL satan’s tricks ,(Ephe.6:11 -Put on the whole Armour of God, that ye may be able to stand against the wiles, (tricks), of the devil). I’ll stop here, I hope this helps. peace
Old 09-06-2012, 01:31 PM
Zem

Quote:

No one can say for sure, and I'll bet there will be a huge mix of people in hell who never prayed, but also those who prayed all the time. I would just have to ask you, what is stopping you from praying? God knows our hearts and our motivations.

For example, if you don't pray because you think you're better than God, you don't need him etc. Then that sounds like the kind of thing that COULD put you into the wrong camp.

But if you don't pray, for example, because you're not sure what to say. I would find it hard to believe that God would be so upset with you that he would send you into eternal hellfire for that reason alone.

Just ask yourself why you don't pray, and if you can't think of any reason, then just try asking God to be your friend. Pretty simple. You don't need to say a whole bunch spiritual sounding stuff in front of other people. Just ask him.