Spiritual Forums

Home

Donate!

Articles

CHAT!

Shop

Welcome to Spiritual Forums!.

We created this community for people from all backgrounds to discuss Spiritual, Paranormal, Metaphysical, Philosophical, Supernatural, and Esoteric subjects. From Astral Projection to Zen, all topics are welcome. We hope you enjoy your visits.

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest, which gives you limited access to most discussions and articles. By joining our free community you will be able to post messages, communicate privately with other members (PM), respond to polls, upload your own photos, and gain access to our Chat Rooms, Registration is fast, simple, and free, so please, join our community today! !

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, check our FAQs before contacting support. Please read our forum rules, since they are enforced by our volunteer staff. This will help you avoid any infractions and issues.

Go Back   Spiritual Forums > Spirituality & Beliefs > Non Duality

Old 26-05-2024, 02:28 PM
Knower
Question Are limits illusory or non-existent?

Sometimes we talk about finite things as if they are real, or we talk about finite things being illusory. Imo there are no finite things. I find no limits in the world, only fuzzy edges. It could be said that limits are illusory, but where are these illusory limits?

If I look to where 'my body' started, it started before being born. It came from a fusion of the male and female, the sperm and the egg, which came from similar bodies that each came from a similar formation, and so on, and so on. So I see no limit where 'my body' started. Equally, its end transformation will not be clearly defined.

Similarly, if I consider a leaf on a tree. The leaf is not separate from the twig, the branch or the tree. There are no separate finite leaves, twigs, or branches. There is just the tree.
Old 26-05-2024, 07:16 PM
Suspended
Master
Quote:
Originally Posted by Goldcup7
Sometimes we talk about finite things as if they are real, or we talk about finite things being illusory. Imo there are no finite things. I find no limits in the world, only fuzzy edges. It could be said that limits are illusory, but where are these illusory limits?
Something I have stated before. There are an infinite amount of individual points of perception / awareness and yet from this point of individual self perception one can only truly be in awareness of that despite the understanding that there is no separation between everything that is.

Even when there is expanded awareness that encompasses the entire universe, it comes from a point within our individual selves.

That should tell non dualist folk something.

x daz x
Old 26-05-2024, 10:52 PM
Are limits illusory? Yes.

*I'll text in Navy Blue when I'm speaking as a Mod. :)

Prepare yourself for the coming astral journey of death by daily riding in the balloon of God-perception.
Through delusion you are perceiving yourself as a bundle of flesh and bones, which at best is a nest of troubles.
Meditate unceasingly, that you may quickly behold yourself as the Infinite Essence, free from every form of misery. ~Paramahansa's Guru's Guru

Old 27-05-2024, 01:55 AM
Master

Limits only apply to the illusion. Cosmic laws exist to govern the illusion of creation. Beyond individual existence, beyond form, it is limitless. That which many refer to as God in pure essence; that which nature has not formed, is above the law; it is boundless and unlimited. Yes, we can experience that boundless unlimited existence in the eternal here and now, in my opinion.
Old 27-05-2024, 11:36 AM
Knower
Thanks, Miss H. Very succinct.
Old 27-05-2024, 11:50 AM
Knower
Quote:
Originally Posted by Starman
Limits only apply to the illusion. Cosmic laws exist to govern the illusion of creation. Beyond individual existence, beyond form, it is limitless. That which many refer to as God in pure essence; that which nature has not formed, is above the law; it is boundless and unlimited. Yes, we can experience that boundless unlimited existence in the eternal here and now, in my opinion.
With you there, Starman. We can consider that cosmic laws arise simultaneously with the illusion of creation, particularly the Law of Opposites, where creation and destruction are two sides of the same coin.

The boundless unlimited here and now is the formless presence that is timelessly here, but overlooked. It is when the focus of attention is turned from the illusory creation that this permanent presence of peace is experienced. It's just that most of the time humans are looking in the wrong direction. Or rather, human attention is mostly focused on apparent finite things.

With full realisation of the permanent peace here and now, it makes no difference where the human attention goes, as there is only ever the here and now.
Old 27-05-2024, 01:04 PM
Master

the fact that limits are illusory doesn't keep people from buying into them in a big way, day after day. From what I see, a big part of our lives is imposing limits on ourselves and others.... we talk a lot about freedom but it seems an awful lot like people enjoy putting other people in jail....
Old 27-05-2024, 02:05 PM
Master

FallingLeaves, I feel like physical existence is based on conditions and people tend to carry those conditions over to their mental and spiritual presence as well. Conditions are conditional, they impose limits. The other thing is that lots of people believe that freedom means running wild; it is largely seen as an irresponsible and immature state by many human beings.

Spirituality does require discipline, but in spiritual discipline an expansive freedom can be achieved. Human society, including how children are raised, is largely about control. Controlling the hearts and minds of people. The control of spirit is not limited or restrictive. I believe that we punish ourselves when we live in a cage or box in our head and in our emotions.

To live an unconditional life while living in a conditional world is a balancing act, in my opinion.
Old 27-05-2024, 04:06 PM
Knower
Good points. It makes me consider the mind. I can find no limits in the mind, yet it can feel so restrictive. Certainly I've experienced thoughts that try to control, limit and define me.
Old 27-05-2024, 04:36 PM
Cat

Well, gee, Goldcup, don't we make an Agreement before coming here that we forget everything we gleaned on the Other Side,
usually called the In-between Place (I think coined by Michael Newton, PhD)...
to accept we are in this temporary linear place with time!, matter! and separation!, distractions! - just all this 'stuff' to deal with,
for the purpose of further growth?

So sure, we 'think' we have paper chains even on our mind!!
We 'think' we can't walk on water.
We 'think' or believe that things are solid...that we can't pass thru them.
We 'think' we can't manipulate atoms to become wine from water.
We have forgotten that we can think things into manifesting...initially.

So, Yes ---this place is ALL about limitations. And once we learn the little things ...like not to murder, pillage, gossip and steal,
we can move onto overcoming these false limitations and -break out of our 'shell' and like Jonathon Liv. Seagull and soar.

I mean doesn't everyone know this?

Well, Mister, you better get this nonsense under control pronto! If you haven't yet, I mean.
(I only talk to my friends this way.)

*I'll text in Navy Blue when I'm speaking as a Mod. :)

Prepare yourself for the coming astral journey of death by daily riding in the balloon of God-perception.
Through delusion you are perceiving yourself as a bundle of flesh and bones, which at best is a nest of troubles.
Meditate unceasingly, that you may quickly behold yourself as the Infinite Essence, free from every form of misery. ~Paramahansa's Guru's Guru