Spiritual Forums

Home

Donate!

Articles

CHAT!

Shop

Welcome to Spiritual Forums!.

We created this community for people from all backgrounds to discuss Spiritual, Paranormal, Metaphysical, Philosophical, Supernatural, and Esoteric subjects. From Astral Projection to Zen, all topics are welcome. We hope you enjoy your visits.

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest, which gives you limited access to most discussions and articles. By joining our free community you will be able to post messages, communicate privately with other members (PM), respond to polls, upload your own photos, and gain access to our Chat Rooms, Registration is fast, simple, and free, so please, join our community today! !

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, check our FAQs before contacting support. Please read our forum rules, since they are enforced by our volunteer staff. This will help you avoid any infractions and issues.

Go Back   Spiritual Forums > Spirituality & Beliefs > Meditation

Old 07-05-2011, 08:10 PM
chakajo75

Unhappy Meditation Is Starting To Suck!!!

Sorry for being so blatant I have been meditating for a while now and I have not had any type experience like I have read others have had. I thought meditation was suppose to make you feel happy and joyous, but for me I have felt sad, and I have been crying a lot, don't know if I am spiritually cleaning myself out, but it seems that all good things happen to others around me and they do nothing, some of them don't even bend their knees to praise GOD and yet they are blessed, this angers me. I am not looking for materialistic things, but just little blessings for me know that someone somewhere actually gives a damn about me and want to help. So far I have felt very alone. I know if I take a break from meditation, it will take a while just to get back to where I was. I feel like I am moving and not going anywhere, not progressing. Any thoughts on what I can do.
Old 07-05-2011, 08:28 PM
Enya

Thoughts on what you can do... continue your practice. Meditation isn't about happy happy joy joy... it's about going within to seek out teachings about yourself. By the sounds of it, right now you are cleansing thru emotional sorrow. The joy comes when that process is done and you feel the lightness of your soul.

Do let go of your resentment of others... you don't know what they have gone thru in their lives or will experience in the future. You don't know if they bend their knees or bend their souls to a higher authority, so get your thoughts away from that mind-set. Stop envying others and count your own blessings.

Let go and let God... this too shall pass.

Btw, when you're finding it tough in any spiritual practice is the sure fire sign you're doing it right... keep going!

xxx
Old 07-05-2011, 09:21 PM
Master
I think you are spiritually cleansing yourself out, meditation can and will do that to you, have patience, rely on your angels and let it out and eventually you will be okay, trust me.
Spiritlite.
Old 07-05-2011, 09:29 PM
Master
Quote:
Originally Posted by chakajo75
Sorry for being so blatant I have been meditating for a while now and I have not had any type experience like I have read others have had. I thought meditation was suppose to make you feel happy and joyous, but for me I have felt sad, and I have been crying a lot, don't know if I am spiritually cleaning myself out, but it seems that all good things happen to others around me and they do nothing, some of them don't even bend their knees to praise GOD and yet they are blessed, this angers me. I am not looking for materialistic things, but just little blessings for me know that someone somewhere actually gives a damn about me and want to help. So far I have felt very alone. I know if I take a break from meditation, it will take a while just to get back to where I was. I feel like I am moving and not going anywhere, not progressing. Any thoughts on what I can do.

Sometimes a visit to some type of energy healer can help get things moving again. I had just a short Reiki session a couple of weeks ago and it really kick started some things for me. Taking a break is not a bad idea either, then you can come back with a fresh perspective.

But also try this: stop measuring your blessings by those of others. Take the other people out of the equation and concentrate on yourrelationship with God.
Old 07-05-2011, 09:30 PM
Guide
I've said it before, and I've learned it myself.. Expectation is the killer of meditation.
Old 07-05-2011, 09:46 PM
Prokopton

You don't say what sort of meditation you're doing. I think you're certainly having a big clearout as others have said, and I advise stopping the present practice and learning to deal with the feelings. But you could switch to another form of meditation which will help deliver a ground base of happiness and an emotional even keel -- for example an Inner Smile meditation which can be extremely powerful.

'Meditation' covers a huge variety of practices. Don't be discouraged at what's happened but allow yourself to recover from going so quickly into it (something that does happen for some), and use other practices to help that recovery.

Then return to what you have been doing when you are ready.

Also look into your life circumstances to determine the source of the difficult emotions.

I agree that an energy healer could be a help to you, or take up energy practices yourself.
Old 07-05-2011, 09:53 PM
Master
Just maybe meditation isn't for you right now, but it isn't a good attitude to resent others or blame others, but hey, it's cool. I'm sorry you're feeling frustrated about it. It might help to tell us what type of meditation you're doing.

Old 08-05-2011, 08:13 AM
Master
Quote:
Originally Posted by chakajo75

Don't worry about others.

Sometimes people imagine very pleasant things and of course that brings some temporary comfort and a happy little glow for a while, but to meditate is to see what is (not impose one's preferences).

I understand you as I am quite isolated and my life is rather devoid of 'blessings', but this is the path I am on, and you are on yours... we have to accept it as it is... with its frustrations included.

The meditation does happen to reveal our life issues to us so it includes some emotional torment at times but that is an opportunity to heal... besides, things don't last forever, after sunshine there is rain.

What method are you using?
Old 08-05-2011, 05:02 PM
chakajo75

Color

I am doing a mantra meditation. I think I really needed to vent and release, because today I feel much better, and little lighter. I hope that this is the light at the end of the tunnel. I really want to have peace, joy and love in my life, but sometimes other people and situations out of your control get in the way. In the past I had to let go of relationships that were toxic. Right now, I feel that no one understands me and all these changes I am feeling. Some good and some bad, but for the most part good. I will look into doing Reiki but I have heard people say that the energy is so strong. I went through a Kundalini awakening and some of it was frightening but I made it. I have not made to enlightenment yet. Thanks to all who have replied.
Old 08-05-2011, 05:32 PM
sunshineofthesoul

The very first meditation I did I cried, I felt like I was releasing all of this built up negative energy. You just have to keep meditating, you just have to work through it, let the sadness go.