Spiritual Forums

Home

Donate!

Articles

CHAT!

Shop

Welcome to Spiritual Forums!.

We created this community for people from all backgrounds to discuss Spiritual, Paranormal, Metaphysical, Philosophical, Supernatural, and Esoteric subjects. From Astral Projection to Zen, all topics are welcome. We hope you enjoy your visits.

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest, which gives you limited access to most discussions and articles. By joining our free community you will be able to post messages, communicate privately with other members (PM), respond to polls, upload your own photos, and gain access to our Chat Rooms, Registration is fast, simple, and free, so please, join our community today! !

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, check our FAQs before contacting support. Please read our forum rules, since they are enforced by our volunteer staff. This will help you avoid any infractions and issues.

Go Back   Spiritual Forums > Paranormal & Supernatural > ESP & Telepathy

Old 09-04-2012, 07:21 PM
OSPREY1

Psychosis / Telepathy / Evil Spirits

I am inclined to believe my condition is one of psychosis, yet I have had my doubts.
I hear/sense malicious negative voices/sensations direct at me mainly I can hear them inside my mind. Each location setting the voices are different however always negative and nasty intent on harming others. I only hear/sense the voices when I am around people.

Trying to understand such voices only leads to confusion, I have learned to cope by drawing on the fact that the voices are not real, or imagining like dealing with a bully intent on causing pain the eventuality of which is you stop caring what the bully or bullies are doing and they eventually lose interest and the persistent voices loudness decreases.

I'd like other peoples opinions on what might be the cause of these voices/sensations.

Looking for answers.

Old 09-04-2012, 07:32 PM
Experiencer
I think one common explanation for this kind of problem is that it's a perception of the conscious or unconscious energy coming from the people around you. Certain people are hypersensitive to this kind of thing and it poses the problem you're talking about. That's the biggest reason shamans have customarily lived outside of the societies that they work with and help; the nonphysical interactions between the people and the shaman might not be apparent to them, but to the shaman they would end up being overbearing.

First of all, I don't believe you are psychotic. I believe you may be a person who has greater access to the nonphysical aspects of reality than typical humans do. This certainly may not feel like such a great thing when it's causing the things you are talking about to happen, and if you don't have an interest in them then perhaps it's really not.

If you do want to address this stuff from a nonphysical side and try some altered states, I would say you should not be afraid to do so. If nothing else, some practice shielding yourself from outside energy could help quite a bit. If nothing else helps, I do believe that an integrative spiritual approach could really make a huge difference.

Best of luck, and keep your head up!
Old 10-04-2012, 02:39 AM
skeptical

The fact that they are only malicious and intent on doing harm makes me think otherwise. I often wonder how a psychotic break shows in a telepathically aware individual; it would be somewhat different.

I have been around individuals who were dealing with this and they could tell the difference usually between what was picked up through ability and what wasn't, as odd as that may seem. Yet perception was badly distorted.

I am not sure, but seek help for this; it could be psychosis.
Old 10-04-2012, 05:58 AM
Henri77

Quote:
Originally Posted by OSPREY1
Each location setting the voices are different however always negative and nasty intent on harming others. I only hear/sense the voices when I am around people.

Don't go labelling yourself.

It certainly seems you're picking up this from the enviornment from what you say. Just pray for them and let it go.

Trying to understand their motivation probably won't be much help to anyone....and will only keep the connection active/
Old 10-04-2012, 09:20 AM
OSPREY1

Looking for answers

Differentiating the voices from different locations.
The voices sensations while I'm in work are of a person whom hates his life and is both bitter and bored so resorts to malice. This comes from next door facility a man pressurised by his boss.

There's also a short fat man that comes every so often and when he's around there is much of the same malice but subtly different and recognisable as different. Difficult to describe.

When I'm at home the malice comes from a woman that is sharing her flat with her boy friend’s father whom is an old man. Her malice comes from the situation that she is both a hermit that never leaves the flat stuck in doors with her boy friend’s father.

When I’m at my brothers silence falls I hear no malice or ill intent.

When I’m out cycling I hear/sense nothing.

There are many situations each one different, these are but a few examples.

Some opinions and input is much appreciated.
Old 10-04-2012, 10:36 AM
SunMist

You might find it interesting to look up intrusive thoughts or ego-dystonic thoughts. These things can occur with OCD and could describe what you are having. OTOH if it really is telepathy, maybe you can set up some tests that will help you know for sure if it is happening? It took a long time before I had enough incidents that I really felt were proof that I occasionally pick up others thoughts. Still it is hit or miss, not all the time and some things I have to question and just dismiss. Good luck to you.
Old 10-04-2012, 12:04 PM
OSPREY1

Thanks for the input

'Intrusive thoughts' related to psychosis a very real possibility. However it does not go all the way as to explain why I only hear/sense particular voices/sensations when paticular people are around me.

A combination of both telepathy & psychosis possibly?

I still remain highly sceptical about telepathy.
Old 12-06-2012, 01:34 PM
Guide
I can relate to what you say. I had a similar episode when I was a teen, another episode later but the voices told me it was time to heal, and to go to a therapist to get help.

Anyway, the first time it was like, whoa, voices?...I told my mom about how I was hearing voices that were negative, well, I soon realized that what had happened was I had like an internal version of her. So for about a week, everytime I heard that voice/thought, I told it to stop, and that it wasn't true. I didn't see her(mom introject) again till I was doing trauma therapy.

Quote:
Trying to understand such voices only leads to confusion, I have learned to cope by drawing on the fact that the voices are not real, or imagining like dealing with a bully intent on causing pain the eventuality of which is you stop caring what the bully or bullies are doing and they eventually lose interest and the persistent voices loudness decreases.
How does it lead to confusion? Is it too many talking at once or too faint a "sound." Are you able to discern what they are saying or is it more like listening in on a conversation?

You have a really good start on how to handle the "voices." I'm not sure if it's similar to you, but I was diagnosed at first as having psychosis, but later on it was changed to a dissociative disorder.
Best wishes.