Spiritual Forums

Home

Donate!

Articles

CHAT!

Shop

Welcome to Spiritual Forums!.

We created this community for people from all backgrounds to discuss Spiritual, Paranormal, Metaphysical, Philosophical, Supernatural, and Esoteric subjects. From Astral Projection to Zen, all topics are welcome. We hope you enjoy your visits.

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest, which gives you limited access to most discussions and articles. By joining our free community you will be able to post messages, communicate privately with other members (PM), respond to polls, upload your own photos, and gain access to our Chat Rooms, Registration is fast, simple, and free, so please, join our community today! !

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, check our FAQs before contacting support. Please read our forum rules, since they are enforced by our volunteer staff. This will help you avoid any infractions and issues.

Go Back   Spiritual Forums > Spirituality & Beliefs > Spirituality

Old 23-08-2013, 12:38 PM
Knower

Picking up people's energy

Hey, does anyone believe you can pick up people's energy? Even if you haven't met them yet.
Ever since yesterday, I've been picking up people's energy in my left arm. It's usually positive energy and usually people I'm trying to attract into my life.
It doesn't generally do anything to me, I think it's just getting their presence felt so I can imagine them into my life as if it is already.
Has this ever happened to anyone else?
I am a bit of an Empath myself though :P
Old 23-08-2013, 01:40 PM
Master
Hi, can't say that it unfolds like that specifically for me as i also feel crystals, animals and plant life/trees in addition to people, so when I feel energy flowing into me there's a lot in my immediate vicinity to take into concideration and of course when friends send me love many of them are very strong and know how to work with the energy and it can be pretty engulfing, like a love shower! lol Of course it could be that tree i just walked under too...
...when one recognizes that they are part of the whole tapestry life kinda becomes a continual energy expereince.
Old 23-08-2013, 02:56 PM
Lamory

That is no strange thought at all,

remember that everything is energetically connected with eachother.
If i do not take care i pickup so much energy in e.g. a superstore that it can completely drown me before i get out of the store. This is caused then by the feelings of others, the pain and joy, the memory's and thoughts.

lesson for yourself is to be continue aware on what you are feeling... is it your own, or from someone else.

have fun with it...
Old 24-08-2013, 08:30 AM
Greenslade

With a little awareness you'll realise that you've probably been doing it most of your Life, we are energy antennae. When a friend tells you they're fine but you feel something different, when you talk to someone on the phone and you know they want to talk to you about something important. When a place feels comfortable or not. And we're 'transmitting' energy all the time much like an aura that others can pick up on often across distances.
Old 24-08-2013, 11:22 AM
Master

The fact that you are picking up in your left side indicates to me that you are connecting into your feminine aspect of your self. This is typically represented in the left half of your body.

YOur arms are closely connected with your heart and I would advise caution to your heart, protect it carefully. Especially if you are connecting with folk you haven't yet met. YOu don't want to connect deeper than just on a curiousity level if you don't know them.

As Greenslade says, we are always on transmit and receive. Some people broadcast much more than others. And others receive more than others. It's worth closing yourself down from receiving in such a way I would suggest. Imagine yourself in a big bubble of light, fully grounded - with the light sent from source.
Old 24-08-2013, 05:30 PM
AquarianPhoenix84

As a fellow empath, I can say that I have had experiences where I not only pick up energies of those around me, but I pick up the possible energies of those that I know but are not in front of me. For example, I can feel when im about to run into someone, sometimes im wrong, sometimes im in the same vicinity as the other person, or that person recently exited the premise that I entered. I have some advice for you: Wear Hematite. Even though you attract positive energy from others, being an empath makes you vulnerable to negative energies which can drain you, hurt your mood etc. Hematite protects you against negative energy. Try to hone your ability to feel these feelings. I can tell you that im still a bit faulty but I think I know what you are talking about. Enjoy.
Old 25-08-2013, 03:34 AM
Greenslade

Quote:
Originally Posted by AquarianPhoenix84
As a fellow empath, I can say that I have had experiences where I not only pick up energies of those around me, but I pick up the possible energies of those that I know but are not in front of me. For example, I can feel when im about to run into someone, sometimes im wrong, sometimes im in the same vicinity as the other person, or that person recently exited the premise that I entered.

I don't believe this kind of energy knows the barriers to time and space in the way we would understand it. Generally, are we talking about energy or conscious? While Beautiful called it energy (as did a few others and myself) this has caused me to wonder and reminded me of a few things. My daughter lives about 500 miles away and I can usually pick up on any strong feelings she's having. I've also been on Skype and the like with someone in New Zealand and picked up on their energies. We tend to think energy as being something that obeys the laws of physics, but if that is the case then how could I pick up on energies from someone in New Zealand, on the other side of the planet? Is what we're calling energy really consciousness?

Just wondering and trying to push the barriers back a little.
Old 25-08-2013, 03:46 AM
silent whisper

We can tune into energies through connection to that energy on some level of connection..sometimes its apparent, sometimes its subtle and not seen, yet it comes into the connection you may feel..

Its our connection in us that allows us to be open to the connection with others..Often if an energy stands out to you, the connection is sharing something with you in relation to the *Feeling* you feel..how your respond to the feeling is always the nature of energy and connection..

If you hold onto that energy in some way where it remains in your body physically you may want to look at what you are holding in yourself with regards to letting go..
Old 25-08-2013, 04:33 AM
AquarianPhoenix84

Quote:
Originally Posted by Greenslade
I don't believe this kind of energy knows the barriers to time and space in the way we would understand it. Generally, are we talking about energy or conscious? While Beautiful called it energy (as did a few others and myself) this has caused me to wonder and reminded me of a few things. My daughter lives about 500 miles away and I can usually pick up on any strong feelings she's having. I've also been on Skype and the like with someone in New Zealand and picked up on their energies. We tend to think energy as being something that obeys the laws of physics, but if that is the case then how could I pick up on energies from someone in New Zealand, on the other side of the planet? Is what we're calling energy really consciousness?

Just wondering and trying to push the barriers back a little.

Good point. There is that as well. I didn't think about that as much as I thought about recent experiences. I have family members that have had experiences like that. I can't explain a reason, maybe its a spiritual link between people? I didn't think about that aspect, thank you for bringing that up.
Old 25-08-2013, 10:15 AM
Greenslade

Quote:
Originally Posted by silent whisper
Its our connection in us that allows us to be open to the connection with others..Often if an energy stands out to you, the connection is sharing something with you in relation to the *Feeling* you feel..how your respond to the feeling is always the nature of energy and connection..

If you hold onto that energy in some way where it remains in your body physically you may want to look at what you are holding in yourself with regards to letting go..

I had some strange experiences when I first started on forums, there was a group of people whose energies 'stood out' from everyone else. On exploring the connections and reading material that I 'happened across', what I was doing is recognising Soul Groups. One person called it Anam Cara, which is a Gaelic word for Soul Friend. At the time I saw it as one Soul recognising another at a level other than human and my mind picking up on that. Back then I would have completely agreed with you. Recently though I feel there's been a paradigm shift, certainly in myself and I'm noticing it on a wider basis as well. Perhaps it's just me, and yes we can change from moment-to-moment. Now though I'm seeing more to it, it's like 'We Are One' happening on a more personal level. So while we can say the phrase, for me it's about how that translates into the 'real world'. Where I once saw connections it's becoming more shades of each other, like a blending of colours in a rainbow.

Perhaps if someone else's energies are causing us discomfort, us humans aren't quite ready for the breaking down of the 'barriers' between us. If these things are going to happen and it's an inevitable part of evolution, perhaps we should be changing the way we think about them.

Quote:
Originally Posted by AquarianPhoenix84
Good point. There is that as well. I didn't think about that as much as I thought about recent experiences. I have family members that have had experiences like that. I can't explain a reason, maybe its a spiritual link between people? I didn't think about that aspect, thank you for bringing that up.

I believe the whole Universe and everything in it is Spiritual, it's just to some people's thinking being Spiritual is somehow different to being human. By the way some people talk there's an 'up there' and down here, and never the twain shall meet. For others it's all right here, right now. Perhaps what this thread is really about is starting to recognise is that the barriers are slowly coming down. Perhaps it's not a discussion on feeling other people's energies, perhaps it's a Collective Consciousness 101 for humans :-)