Spiritual Forums

Home

Donate!

Articles

CHAT!

Shop

Welcome to Spiritual Forums!.

We created this community for people from all backgrounds to discuss Spiritual, Paranormal, Metaphysical, Philosophical, Supernatural, and Esoteric subjects. From Astral Projection to Zen, all topics are welcome. We hope you enjoy your visits.

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest, which gives you limited access to most discussions and articles. By joining our free community you will be able to post messages, communicate privately with other members (PM), respond to polls, upload your own photos, and gain access to our Chat Rooms, Registration is fast, simple, and free, so please, join our community today! !

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, check our FAQs before contacting support. Please read our forum rules, since they are enforced by our volunteer staff. This will help you avoid any infractions and issues.

Go Back   Spiritual Forums > Spirituality & Beliefs > Spiritual Development

Old 20-12-2016, 05:26 PM
Experiencer

My personal life lesson in coming here

I have suffered much misery and trauma in my life. The life lesson I have learned is just how important my happiness is. Therefore, it was the happiness itself that was important here; not the life lesson. The life lesson is just a realization (a thought).

But since that realization is that it is my happiness that is of value to me, then it is my happiness that is of value to me and not the life lesson. If what was included in that life lesson was that the life lesson itself was also important to me, then the life lesson itself would also be of value to me.

So if I have come here to suffer in order to learn this life lesson, then it was all pointless. If there are higher blissful spiritual realms, then I should of just remained up there where I wouldn't have to suffer. Furthermore, I could of just simply been informed while up there how important my happiness really is.

Many people would say that we need suffering, tragedy, grief, and illness to give value and growth to our lives. When this statement is applied to me, it makes me angry because it is a statement that insists that I need things that I hate and don't value. I truly need none of those things to give value to my life.

As a matter of fact, these things only take away value from my life. If I were to live an eternal blissful life that has no suffering, no illness, and is a life where I can get everything I want, then this would truly be the greatest life for me.

It would never lose any value to me and for anyone to insist otherwise means that these people don't truly know my spiritual needs and purpose. My personal spiritual need and purpose is not to suffer, learn, and grow, but to just live forever happy with no suffering or illness and get what I want in life.

Different people have different spiritual needs and purposes and the spiritual need and purpose of suffering, learning, and growing does not apply to me. So if I came here to this Earth rather than remaining in the higher blissful spiritual realms, then it was all a big mistake to me.
Old 20-12-2016, 05:31 PM
Ascender

No.
There is far more to this, however you have just wisely discerned that your conclusions cannot satisfy the reasoning that is in alignment with your will. But that these things do also play a role.

Like if your conclusions does not align with where you are to be perfect, than you must recognize that these conclusions are not true to who you are, but true to your spirit which is attempting to navigate the forms. You need to be able to understand yourself and the choices that you have made. If your understanding does not explain your own choices, then it is not yourself you have yet to understand.

And as testimony, I will say this can be done; i speak from my own experience, not what I have been told is necessary.
Old 20-12-2016, 05:42 PM
Master
Quote:
Originally Posted by MattMVS7
If I were to live an eternal blissful life that has no suffering, no illness, and is a life where I can get everything I want, then this would truly be the greatest life for me.
I think this is a great aspiration. Appreciating the beauty and joy of life is in my opinion a kind of long lost art these days. So go for it. Be a wide-eyed happy child in the world. My experience: When unhappy experiences do happen, your knowledge of and commitment to the wondrously eternal in life will most definitely help you through your difficult moments. I made a commitment to myself and life three decades ago. I pledged to always honor life; to awake each morning with a smile and with joyful thankfulness. I have never broken that vow. It has carried me through some pretty rough times. It is an art form, to be happy and content and at peace.
Old 20-12-2016, 06:44 PM
Suspended
Guide

Quote:
Many people would say that we need suffering, tragedy, grief, and illness to give value and growth to our lives. When this statement is applied to me, it makes me angry because it is a statement that insists that I need things that I hate and don't value. I truly need none of those things to give value to my life.

Different people have different spiritual needs and purposes and the spiritual need and purpose of suffering, learning, and growing does not apply to me. So if I came here to this Earth rather than remaining in the higher blissful spiritual realms, then it was all a big mistake to me.

(((MATT)))

Believe me, there are many people who feel the same way you do. Life as a human can be a daily struggle regardless of monetary wealth, love from a spouse or family including a person's age. I have 2 Catholic practicing siblings in their 70s, who in the last few years have become bitter & resentful even though they have life experience to cope w/changes. They're fatigued from mental work & their bodies are failing them. I also get exhausted, but unlike yourself, I can afford to take time out from people/society as a whole to recharge.

Only you can decide what is right for you. All I know about life lessons are they are helpful & valuable when I'm faced w/a problem(s) ...
I can search my memory to find out how I previously dealt with it/them or something similar ...
When my husband was killed, it was the most traumatic loss of my life, I didn't know how to cope much less remember to breath ...
I was fully consumed w/rage & frustration - there were no amount of spiritual or religious beliefs, mantras, affirmations, reiki, massage, etc that could soothe my human physical pain or emotions ...
I had one fried who told me I needed my husband's death experience to grow as well as reminded his death was karma I screamed shut the "F" up in her face ...
It wasn't till years later, I I was able to regain my spiritualis as well as found within myself stored information/memories of a couple of coping skills I had learned from a different traumatic experience that added to saving my life ...
As I processed my grief & evolved, I found new & different ways to be happy ...
My grief opened up a whole new spiritual awakening ...
Maybe you just need to put aside those above beliefs for another time ...
Some information we gather does not resonate easily or apply w/current circumstances ...
Old 20-12-2016, 07:31 PM
Master
You know, there is another option. You don't need to live your life life believing spirituality requires suffering. (And I definitely wouldn't recommend that.) At the same time, neither do you need to avoid at all costs what life might bring in the way of suffering. ("Away with you misery, leave me in my bliss!")

You can simply experience what comes to you each day. Let the sum total of your life be your spiritual journey. You can learn equanimity. I call it the middle path. Too much of anything causes imbalance. Belief that life is nothing but suffering, is imbalance. Likewise belief that life should be nothing but bliss, is also out of whack. The healthy approach, always, is to learn to control how you respond to whatever comes your way, whether that be suffering or bliss. It is self-development work, which leads to soul empowerment. And once you empower yourself and your soul, you can happily face whatever life has to offer. Life and life's circumstances cannot affect you at that point. That to me is what spirituality is all about, what worthwhile spiritual growth is, and why it is we come here.
Old 20-12-2016, 07:57 PM
Ascender
suffering is just one way that the spirit feeds the soul. there are many other ways to feed the soul.
Old 20-12-2016, 11:39 PM
Master
Unless a person wants to live life as a sage, I say why bother trying to eliminate suffering?

---

Yeah I think there are better ways to grow than suffering. If we believe suffering is necessary for our growth we will constantly find our self in between a rock and a hard place, it's usually there that we find new ways to motivate our self like happiness, love, happiness of others.
Old 21-12-2016, 03:13 AM
Master
Quote:
My personal spiritual need and purpose is not to suffer, learn, and grow, but to just live forever happy with no suffering or illness and get what I want in life.

Apparently you think you have it all figured out. I haven't read all of the responses here yet, but here's a quote from Ch.7 The Bhagavad Gita which suggests that you may not have done so, at least not yet:

"O*Arjuna! The righteous who worship Me are grouped by stages: first, they who suffer, next they who desire knowledge, then they who thirst after truth, and lastly they who attain wisdom.

Of all of these, he who has gained wisdom, who meditates on Me without ceasing, devoting himself only to Me, he is the best; for by the wise man I*am exceedingly beloved and the wise man, too, is beloved by Me.

Noble-minded are they all, but the wise man I*hold as my own Self; for he, remaining always at peace with Me, makes me his final goal.

After many lives, at last the wise man realises Me as I*am. A man so enlightened that he sees God everywhere is very difficult to find."
Old 21-12-2016, 03:18 AM
Master

well at least someone is honest enough to say what everyone believes anyway. It is all about ME about what I want and if I'm not getting it everything else can go to $$$$$
Old 21-12-2016, 03:47 AM
Experiencer

Suffering is a part of life, may it be physical or spiritual, we all learn our lessons from it. Of course we don't want it but we gain wisdom, skills and know how to appreciate the goodness of life.

We are human, it is a package deal to see the good and bad sides of life, but it is up to us how we will handle ourselves for us not to let sufferings get in our way.

We will achieve a blissful life if we have overcome all the things that comes to life with understanding and patience.