Spiritual Forums

Home

Donate!

Articles

CHAT!

Shop

Welcome to Spiritual Forums!.

We created this community for people from all backgrounds to discuss Spiritual, Paranormal, Metaphysical, Philosophical, Supernatural, and Esoteric subjects. From Astral Projection to Zen, all topics are welcome. We hope you enjoy your visits.

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest, which gives you limited access to most discussions and articles. By joining our free community you will be able to post messages, communicate privately with other members (PM), respond to polls, upload your own photos, and gain access to our Chat Rooms, Registration is fast, simple, and free, so please, join our community today! !

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, check our FAQs before contacting support. Please read our forum rules, since they are enforced by our volunteer staff. This will help you avoid any infractions and issues.

Go Back   Spiritual Forums > Religions & Faiths > Buddhism

Old 23-11-2012, 03:51 PM
mrcuteblackie

justification with Jesus

Can someone tell me why every religion, especially Buddhism, in their speech, quotes Jesus and always tries to justify their reasoning using the Bible or Christ? They have not yet verified the authenticity of the Bible or the existence of Christ. Or whether he was an awakened being. I believe that an awakened being does not say that he is ths so of a God we are not sure exists, or if that God is a person who can have children? More over, an awakened being does not have the concept of giving his life because life is an illusion and from his point of view there is no sacrifice at all, sinve he know he is eternal. An the ability to slef-hypnotiose not to feel pains is simple even to novices, that a master like Him would have done and so not doing it was a choice, and hence.... Why do WE Budddists use Christ as a measuring yard then?
Old 23-11-2012, 06:47 PM
Master

Spiritual truth is constant and eternal. Truth doesn't change, only our perception of it changes.
Every Master has expressed the same great spiritual truths in their own individualised form, or even the same or almost the same form.

Jesus travelled to the East before he began his Holy Land ministry and so was exposed to Buddhist and Hindu teaching.

During his Holy Land ministry the man Jesus was overshadowed by the Christ Spirit and for the duration of said ministry God spoke through Jesus.

Yes, he could have saved himself, he could have avoided the suffering he very bravely endured, but it was necessary to fulfill his mission to go through it all.

There is a deeper, spiritual message to the Crucifixion story. In fact there are several.
1) That God wants a love sacrifice (i.e., Service) not a blood sacrifice. He gave himself, the Lamb of God as the sacrifice, and spared the passover lamb.
2) That the lower self and its desires, must be overcome, 'crucified', to allow the higher self to take ascendance.
3) And of course, the triumph of life over death, survival of the spirit.

http://holy-lance.blogspot.com
Old 23-11-2012, 08:21 PM
Master
Any so called Awakened being is a Buddha, a Christ, whatever name you want to use, there is no difference.
Old 23-11-2012, 11:18 PM
Juanita

Cat

Quote:
Originally Posted by mrcuteblackie
Can someone tell me why every religion, especially Buddhism, in their speech, quotes Jesus and always tries to justify their reasoning using the Bible or Christ? They have not yet verified the authenticity of the Bible or the existence of Christ. Or whether he was an awakened being. I believe that an awakened being does not say that he is ths so of a God we are not sure exists, or if that God is a person who can have children? More over, an awakened being does not have the concept of giving his life because life is an illusion and from his point of view there is no sacrifice at all, sinve he know he is eternal. An the ability to slef-hypnotiose not to feel pains is simple even to novices, that a master like Him would have done and so not doing it was a choice, and hence.... Why do WE Budddists use Christ as a measuring yard then?

I am wondering what sect of buddhism you belong to that quotes christianity instead of buddhism?????? the essence of God by whatever name, is all around you and you are part of this essence of love and light.........
Old 25-11-2012, 09:19 PM
mrcuteblackie

I really do not believe this mission thing. Your answer is just like from a Christian who always defends the faith. Even if Jesus could numb the pain, still it is not a sacrifice because he had the power over it, and he KNEW that his life wold always be good. It is like cheating, so I still do not understand why they call it sacrifice.
Old 25-11-2012, 09:20 PM
mrcuteblackie

Quote:
Originally Posted by Juanita
I am wondering what sect of buddhism you belong to that quotes christianity instead of buddhism?????? the essence of God by whatever name, is all around you and you are part of this essence of love and light.........
Most modern Buddhist lectures and books use Bible verses. Yoga books as well do that. Kriya, for that matter does that.
Old 25-11-2012, 09:24 PM
mrcuteblackie

Quote:
Originally Posted by psychoslice
Any so called Awakened being is a Buddha, a Christ, whatever name you want to use, there is no difference.
But how can awakened being cry on the cross when even a half awake person knows that the pain is temporary, or can numb the pain through self-hypnosis, or knows he will get a better life. I think if you are sure that you wil enjoy in heaven, killing you is a favour. Can anyone be honest that this is a grear confusion without trying to defend God or spirituality?
Old 25-11-2012, 09:27 PM
Master
Quote:
I really do not believe this mission thing. Your answer is just like from a Christian who always defends the faith. Even if Jesus could numb the pain, still it is not a sacrifice because he had the power over it, and he KNEW that his life wold always be good. It is like cheating, so I still do not understand why they call it sacrifice.

for a being to come here (back to earth) totally god conscious, is a sacrifice, imagine having to live your life as an ant in an ant colony, but having a human level of consciousness.

they have humbled themselves for love of us, to help raise us.
Old 25-11-2012, 11:53 PM
Animus27

Quote:
When Buddhists talk to many westerners, they find it useful to compare Siddhartha Gautama to one of the most apparent analogues for western culture, which is Jesus of Nazareth. But, there's some fundamental worldview differences that make it difficult to do more than a superficial comparison (in my humble opinion, as a man who admires both greatly).
Old 26-11-2012, 02:10 AM
Master
Quote:
Yes i agree, Jesus was only an example of sacrifice, we must sacrifice our own ego mind, to Awaken to our true inner Self the Christ.