Spiritual Forums

Home

Donate!

Articles

CHAT!

Shop

Welcome to Spiritual Forums!.

We created this community for people from all backgrounds to discuss Spiritual, Paranormal, Metaphysical, Philosophical, Supernatural, and Esoteric subjects. From Astral Projection to Zen, all topics are welcome. We hope you enjoy your visits.

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest, which gives you limited access to most discussions and articles. By joining our free community you will be able to post messages, communicate privately with other members (PM), respond to polls, upload your own photos, and gain access to our Chat Rooms, Registration is fast, simple, and free, so please, join our community today! !

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, check our FAQs before contacting support. Please read our forum rules, since they are enforced by our volunteer staff. This will help you avoid any infractions and issues.

Go Back   Spiritual Forums > Spirituality & Beliefs > Spiritual Development

Old 28-05-2013, 07:19 PM
Knower
Has hormone replacement therapy really helped you spiritually in any way?

Has hormone replacement therapy really helped you spiritually in any way? I guess I am particularly interested in meditation. I know some of you must have experience with this. When I say hormones replacement therapy I am talking about hormones like estrogen, testosterone, progesterone, thyroid hormone, or even a mixture of these.

I know these hormones can increase sex drive and energy in those that are deficient, but my thought is that they might help one in meditation if they are low in one or even a couple of them. Right now I am very low in a couple of hormones and my endocrinologist is working with me to fix it. Any thoughts guys.

Peace.
Old 29-05-2013, 02:57 PM
Better known as Jo

Not in my case! I had my ovaries removed in December and have felt like the bottom of a toilet bowl ever since.

My doctor says that it can take years to find the correct balance. Where did you hear about them helping in meditation? What do you think they will do?

Good luck to you!
Old 29-05-2013, 07:58 PM
Knower
Quote:
Originally Posted by Better known as Jo
Not in my case! I had my ovaries removed in December and have felt like the bottom of a toilet bowl ever since.

My doctor says that it can take years to find the correct balance. Where did you hear about them helping in meditation? What do you think they will do?

Good luck to you!

I think your confusing hormone balance with hormone imbalance. I can't help it much as you will see here but there is a big difference between finding the right hormone balance and not finding it for years.

Your case is different. I am not talking about people who had a major endocrine gland removed. I bet you would feel like ****. My personal advice is that you try some ovary glandular which has all the main hormones of the ovaries. For instance I have read about many people who have had their thyroid removed and they feel like ****. Even after being on thyroid medication it does not work very well for many of them. But many of them find major relief with thyroid glandular. Or similar compound medications. the reason is simple the compounded thyroid medications have all the hormones that a thyroid would have. While if you go with stand medications for thyroid removal your looking at only replacing tops or the thyroid hormones. In fact you can't even buy some of they thyroid hormones separately I don't think or even as a medication. The only way to get them is through compounded thyroid or thyroid glandular.

The clear advantage with glandular is that they have all the hormones of that particular gland. And trust me they are very very effective. You can buy ovary glandular here. Raw Ovarian Glandular http://www.swansonvitamins.com/swans...250-mg-60-caps

That might help a lot in your situation.

It's ironic how when "Compounded Natural Desiccated Thyroid" was taken off the market for a little while because of new FDA regulations, how all these people that were on it became sick and were mad as hell at the FDA. Luckily I think they are selling it again. Most of these people already tried the regular stuff you know synthroid and the other perscription for the thyroid. So these glandulars and "Compounded Natural Desiccated Thyroid" are very effective. Personally I don't think there is too much of a differnece between the glandulars and "Compounded Natural Desiccated Thyroid". They are both defatted and desiccated glands.

Back to the subject. So that is a whole another story. i am mainly talking about people that have gotten on hormone replacement therapy because they are low in one or a few hormones. When one gets a whole gland removed that's whole another level. But I must say knowing from your experience and many others that if one has a endocrine gland removed how bad it makes them feel then I can only imagine how if one or a few of these in low how that could effect our spiritual life.

As far as what I think hormones will do. Well obviously I am imbalanced and if I can balance those hormones I bet i will feel much better while also helping me meditate better. Only if I can balance them though. Should not be to hard. It's not like my testicles are gone.

Peace.