Spiritual Forums

Home

Donate!

Articles

CHAT!

Shop

Welcome to Spiritual Forums!.

We created this community for people from all backgrounds to discuss Spiritual, Paranormal, Metaphysical, Philosophical, Supernatural, and Esoteric subjects. From Astral Projection to Zen, all topics are welcome. We hope you enjoy your visits.

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest, which gives you limited access to most discussions and articles. By joining our free community you will be able to post messages, communicate privately with other members (PM), respond to polls, upload your own photos, and gain access to our Chat Rooms, Registration is fast, simple, and free, so please, join our community today! !

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, check our FAQs before contacting support. Please read our forum rules, since they are enforced by our volunteer staff. This will help you avoid any infractions and issues.

Go Back   Spiritual Forums > Spirituality & Beliefs > Dreams

Old 10-01-2016, 09:54 AM
Pathfinder

Question Dreamt of running away from very strange "threats" the last 3 nights?

The past 3 nights I've had dreams in which I felt terrified. The first night, I dreamt that I was being tracked down so that I could be assassinated, felt I couldn't trust anyone because I thought everyone wanted to kill me, and was trying to drive all the way to my house in France with the 1 friend I trusted. 2nd night I dreamt I was living in a Nazi occupied country but it was somewhere tropical; naturally I was terrified of the Nazis and tried to run away when I saw them, which brought me to a beautiful beach - but every time I tried to paddle in the sea there were jellyfish everywhere and once again I felt nervous. Then last night I dreamt there was a strange morphing creature crossed between an earthworm and a snake in my house, that could slither very fast, and I was absolutely terrified of it. It could even morph into a ball shape where it could jump around.

The weird part is in none of these dreams have the supposed "threats" actually paid me any attention or obviously come after me. I've just felt very panicked and trapped. What could it all mean? It's very unusual for me to dream this way.
Old 10-01-2016, 03:31 PM
Super Moderator
What is your relationship with yourself like? Do you have anyone in your life that puts you down? Either you yourself or someone in your life could be threatening your emotional well being and self esteem. When we sense this kind of threat we naturally want to run and avoid feeling the effects of low self worth. For a time it works and we can find our self in a nice peaceful place (beach paradise) but the underlying hidden feelings never really go away. They are always there under the surface threatening us (jellyfish and earthworm/snake). This can take the form of stress and anxiety. To me it sounds like some negative thoughts about the self are coming to the surface to be dealt with. We can feel like a threat to our self when this happens but it is important to confront these misconceptions we have about our self so that we can be truly free to be who we are in life. So when you go to bed ask what it is that you feel threatened by and see what pops up. Also pay attention to your inner dialogue or how you talk to yourself on a regular basis. Do you call yourself names even in an innocent way not thinking much about it like I'm stupid or I'm an idiot? Do you have feelings of failure or do people in your life treat you like you are incompetent? There is some threat to your self esteem and self worth going on. Even if it is from someone outside it is still usually a reflection of some misbelief we have bought into our self so it sounds like it is time for you to stop running from the hurt inside and confront this once and for all. Something may have happened recently to trigger some self conscious anxiety that you may or may not be aware of but either way it sounds like your soul is ready to move past and heal any self worth issues you may have.
Old 10-01-2016, 07:28 PM
Suspended
Maybe you are feeling panicked and trapped in a real life situation. A situation that does not seem to be what it really is.
Old 11-01-2016, 06:13 PM
Guide

What I got from it, is that you have a fear of the unknown, you perceive your surroundings to be a threat (even if it isnt directed at you) & you are not sure how to handle or cope with the situations. You run from it, instead of finding out what is going on...because you fear it is another situation that is out of your control.

It might be situations that have to do with other people, that you think are too big for you to handle, so you leave before you have any input, instead of quietly asserting your opinion & getting involved....for fear it is going to come back on you.