Spiritual Forums

Home

Donate!

Articles

CHAT!

Shop

Welcome to Spiritual Forums!.

We created this community for people from all backgrounds to discuss Spiritual, Paranormal, Metaphysical, Philosophical, Supernatural, and Esoteric subjects. From Astral Projection to Zen, all topics are welcome. We hope you enjoy your visits.

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest, which gives you limited access to most discussions and articles. By joining our free community you will be able to post messages, communicate privately with other members (PM), respond to polls, upload your own photos, and gain access to our Chat Rooms, Registration is fast, simple, and free, so please, join our community today! !

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, check our FAQs before contacting support. Please read our forum rules, since they are enforced by our volunteer staff. This will help you avoid any infractions and issues.

Go Back   Spiritual Forums > Spirituality & Beliefs > Love & Relationships -Friends and Family

Old 14-10-2015, 09:12 AM
Seeker
I can't trust how I think I feel

i'm freaking out... like I don't know myself or my own feelings. I'm crying all the time and I don't even know if this is worth it. Did i just convince myself I felt this way? Or have I just confused myself beyond recognition?

i don't know what I'm doing with my life. I don't know what I want. I only know I want to sleep.

My head is full of pressure and I feel like I'm going to be sick when I think about my life because I'm overwhelmed

Old 14-10-2015, 01:32 PM
Ascender
When we too overwhelmed with pressure, we need some distance to see things clearly.

Dont take the emotion too seriously. Dont try to reject it either. Feelings come and go. Let them come and go. We cant really control them.

To understand ourselves deeply is what we should do. To know why we suffer and why we happy. So we will know what we really want.

Bad emotion will loose its power if we accept them. They become weak if we not reject them. If we can live with boredom our mind become more clear and clearer.

Slowly but sure we make more peace with ourselves.

Or just doing something else like traveling or anything also good.
Old 14-10-2015, 06:49 PM
life.love.regret.

I think that is great advice, Shen. When we accept the negative feeling as a reality instead of an intruder it puts us I a frame of mind that's better suited for dealing with it productively.

Terranix, I feel for you. I can remember feeling similarly when I was in my really early 20's. Try not to put so much pressure on yourself. It's ok if you don't know what you want to do with the rest of your life right now. Work with what you know. If you want to survive, work, learn, provide for yourself or others, or thrive; work with those basic functions. Life happens by itself. Don't be so hard on yourself.
Old 16-10-2015, 03:54 AM
Seeker
thanks for the wise words, Shen <3 and thanks both of you for your support. I think what I'm struggling with most is understanding myself... everything I'm experiencing problems with is coming from my severe lack of self-observation. I need to think calmly and slowly, with purpose. I need to acknowledge and accept the negativity - I agree. I'm struggling with that process because I've been taught by so many people to just criticize everything.

hmmmm :/

Old 16-10-2015, 04:10 AM
life.love.regret.

That is a tough thing to unlearn. I was also raised around people who criticized everything and everyone. They could not-and still cant-have a conversation that doesn't involve doing that in some way (see, even I'm doing it now).

I think I dealt with the problems that arose from this by first noticing it and then the rest took care of itself. I'm not "cured" but I'm getting better.
Old 16-10-2015, 05:44 AM
Master

Quote:
Originally Posted by terranix
i'm freaking out... like I don't know myself or my own feelings. I'm crying all the time and I don't even know if this is worth it. Did i just convince myself I felt this way? Or have I just confused myself beyond recognition?

i don't know what I'm doing with my life. I don't know what I want. I only know I want to sleep.

My head is full of pressure and I feel like I'm going to be sick when I think about my life because I'm overwhelmed
You sound like you need professional help. Have you thought of going to a psychologist. Do some research and make sure you get a good one if you go. I am sorry to hear you are sad. That would be awful for you. A psychologist might be able to help you sort out your feelings and what you want. If you are feeling very down for a while it is very good to get help. If you do not get help you could get worse. I have heard of people getting depression and it is harder to treat.
Old 16-10-2015, 07:47 AM
Deactivated Account

Quote:
Originally Posted by terranix

I think you need to ask yourself how do you really feel. I feel you need to work on feeling your feelings and moving yourself up the emotional guidance scale. You seem lost,sad and in despair. Have you been blocking/repressing your feelings? Don't be afraid to distract yourself positively,perhaps with watching a comedy. From there,when you feel a little better,start really focusing on what YOU feel. I think you need to get in touch with that more,and that is why you are so lost,because you have been blocking yourself from feeling.

"Change is the only constant."
Old 16-10-2015, 09:33 AM
Seeker
thank you everyone... you've given me so much to think about...

I have a referral to see a psych ... i've been procrastinating but I need to tackle this head on :S