Spiritual Forums

Home

Donate!

Articles

CHAT!

Shop

Welcome to Spiritual Forums!.

We created this community for people from all backgrounds to discuss Spiritual, Paranormal, Metaphysical, Philosophical, Supernatural, and Esoteric subjects. From Astral Projection to Zen, all topics are welcome. We hope you enjoy your visits.

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest, which gives you limited access to most discussions and articles. By joining our free community you will be able to post messages, communicate privately with other members (PM), respond to polls, upload your own photos, and gain access to our Chat Rooms, Registration is fast, simple, and free, so please, join our community today! !

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, check our FAQs before contacting support. Please read our forum rules, since they are enforced by our volunteer staff. This will help you avoid any infractions and issues.

Go Back   Spiritual Forums > Spirituality & Beliefs > Spiritual Development

Old 12-01-2011, 04:41 AM
MoonstoneConnections

Spiritual Talents and the Unconventional Psychic

Hey everybody, I am new here! I hope to meet some of you out there :)

I am starting this topic because I believe that there are a lot of people out there who know they have spiritual gifts but are not sure what to do with them. I started off in high school noticing my intuitive abilities, but did not think I could use them for any good. Eventually I met some pretty awesome people in some chat rooms and they allowed me to practice my intuitive abilities and give tarot readings.

I am wondering if there are any of you out there who feel like they have an unconventional talent and don't know how to put your talent to use. I know I had the desire to help others with my gifts but found it difficult to find anyone to do readings for because I was shy. Thanks to the internet I have been able to give lots of people readings for free, as well as meet others with gifts like mine. I have learned a lot from places like this forum.

If any of this sounds like you, I would love to hear your story. I have started a project online where I want to network people who have spiritual talents, promote them, and allow them to test their talents in a very encouraging environment.

Also, I'd like to know all of your stories about how you discovered your spiritual gift, who encouraged you to use your ability and how you use your gifts to help people.

Thanks everybody,
Rach
Old 12-01-2011, 02:27 PM
bbr

Quote:
Originally Posted by MoonstoneConnections
I am wondering if there are any of you out there who feel like they have an unconventional talent and don't know how to put your talent to use.
Hi Rach/MC. I spent the first many years of my life observing human behavior. I really was painfully shy and my early years were pretty frustrating as a result. But it served me well in that I feel I developed the ability to read people, and pick up on how truthful and authentic they're being.

Funny, now that you've got me talking about it, I'm having some serious flashbacks! I spent a lot of time over the years trying to straighten people out by challenging their honesty and integrity. But now that I'm older and not quite so stupid, and I tend to let people and things be what they are. I focus on me now, and that's more than enough work for one lifetime, lol.
Old 12-01-2011, 02:57 PM
Ivy

I dont feel Im able to help people.

My hidden talents are just me being me. Sometimes I keep them in, when I need a little time for me to heal. And when Im not hiding, theyre just there, Im just me for the taking. Can they really help people??? I am undecided...and it may be that I need to be.
Old 12-01-2011, 03:04 PM
bbr

Quote:
Originally Posted by xxheatherxx
Can they really help people??? I am undecided.
Oh, we can all definitely help each other, heather, there's no doubt about that. Now... Is helping another something we should try and do, and in particular when they don't ask for that help? That's the question I focus on.
Old 12-01-2011, 03:31 PM
Master
Hi there;
I give readings, but I do not tell people their futures because I block that out. The reason is because I don't want to be an influence on someone's path, and that I don't want that karma on me as well. I can give intuitive readings on guides, angels, auras, energy etc. I can help people with their energy and give suggestions on what to do. I used to give readings online and I used to get scared on how right on I was getting. But it's exhausting. It's easier for me to give readings online. I also cannot do readings to close friends and family members, I block that out for a reason.
I also can basically feel peoples emotions a lot.
I would love to give readings as a side job but I don't have enough confidence in myself and so i don't. Someone did ask for a reading but she was my sister in laws sister and I told her I don't do it for family and I don't want to be called a lot to get further readings for "free".
Maybe I need to give free readings in person and see how I do.
Spiritlite.
Old 12-01-2011, 03:42 PM
Ivy

Quote:
Originally Posted by bbr
Oh, we can all definitely help each other, heather, there's no doubt about that. Now... Is helping another something we should try and do, and in particular when they don't ask for that help? That's the question I focus on.

Perhaps at the end of the day, we use whatever is on offer as the tool to 'help' ourselves. But, putting the philosophy aside for a moment, I was talking more specifically about my attributes...and whether they are there to help.
Old 13-01-2011, 09:37 PM
Guthee

I have my empathic and energy feeling abilities. I suspect healing and channeling as well, still working on figuring me out.

for story....
From the very moment I was born I was very VERY in tune with people, unlucky for me I ended up in one insane, violent environment for most of my life. I was sensitive enough that if I was upset, NO ONE could calm me down unless they were calm and other people being upset for any reason set me off. As time went on my abilities were forced away because people in my life didn't like them. Then about a year ago, I went to a shaman healer and ever sense then my other abilities came back (empathic was always there).

I am hoping I can put my power to good use in healing of this world and its inhabitants (human, animal, rocks and plants alike). I sense my focus is children in some form. That's what my guide says, she just smiles and refuses details :)

The only one who ever encouraged me was that shaman healer, others laughed and thought I was not telling the truth or crazy or something
I was put on meds when I was a kid for this, and grounded several times for stuff relating to my power as well. What an odd world we live in.