Spiritual Forums

Home

Donate!

Articles

CHAT!

Shop

Welcome to Spiritual Forums!.

We created this community for people from all backgrounds to discuss Spiritual, Paranormal, Metaphysical, Philosophical, Supernatural, and Esoteric subjects. From Astral Projection to Zen, all topics are welcome. We hope you enjoy your visits.

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest, which gives you limited access to most discussions and articles. By joining our free community you will be able to post messages, communicate privately with other members (PM), respond to polls, upload your own photos, and gain access to our Chat Rooms, Registration is fast, simple, and free, so please, join our community today! !

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, check our FAQs before contacting support. Please read our forum rules, since they are enforced by our volunteer staff. This will help you avoid any infractions and issues.

Go Back   Spiritual Forums > Paranormal & Supernatural > Ghosts & Hauntings

Old 12-04-2014, 11:16 AM
Court..Xx

Can Anyone Help Me???

So, obviously I'm new to this site.. and I was hoping I could get some answers as you all seem to know a lot more than I do.
I've been living in my house in Norfolk for 2 years now with my Mum, Dad and sister. It's such a lovely, quiet village. Loved it at first. But after a few weeks, during the night we started to get woken up by loud bangs, sounding as if someone was hitting the walls repeatedly, but there obviously was nobody else in the house. It happened various occasions, and sometimes it would go on for hours. My mum or dad would get out of bed to see what was making the noise, but as soon as we were awoken and out of bed, it would stop. It would then continue once we settled back down in bed. It was strange, but we didn't really think anything of it. After all, we had only just moved in, we put it down to the pipes.

A few weeks later, my Mum had told me that she had heard her name being called the previous night by a female, but there was nobody in the house. Nothing more was spoken about the voice she heard, and she didn't tell my sister, as she is only 13, she didn't want to freak her out. A week or two passed, and I was awoken by my name being called by a female, not loud, but loud enough to wake me up. I told my mum the next day, and she didn't really know what to say. She also told me not to tell my sister, because of the same reason mentioned before. After another couple of weeks had passed by, my sister told us that she had woken up hearing someone calling her name, and she thought it was our Mum. Mum told her that it was not her, and she decided to tell her that her and I had also been woken up by hearing our names being called. Obviously, this freaked us all out, but nothing more was said. Whilst the names were being called, there were still bangs every now and again - the bangs never stopped, it just seemed a bit more weird now we had heard our names.

2 years later, the bangs are still occurring. I often hear footsteps at night, as if people are walking past my door through the hallway, but no one is there. We just have to ignore it, and put it down to us hearing things. When really, we know we're not just hearing things.

Wednesday night this week, my sister inboxed me on facebook at around 11 o clock at night, telling me to turn my music down. I had no clue what she was talking about, so I replied with ''You're not funny, go to sleep''. After she replied with ''I'm not joking'', I went to her room, and asked her what on earth she is talking about. She told me to be quiet and listen, so I did. And I heard it. The chorus from the song Fuse ODG - Million pound girl was being played repeatedly, and it went on for about 30 minutes. The song was not being played the whole way through, it was just the chorus. I checked my sisters whole room, I switched everything electrical off, I checked every thing in my room and her room, yet the music was still playing. I did not understand, but there was nothing I could do, because I didn't know where the music was coming from. It was strange, and she was very, very freaked out after realizing that the music was not being played by me, and my mum and dad were asleep so it was not being played by them I told her to ignore it, and to try and go to sleep.

Around 10, 15 minutes later, I heard a series of very loud bangs, which shook me up straight away. The bangs had never been this loud before, and I could not just ignore them. I sat up and listened, but I couldn't hear anything else, it was silent. I heard my sister open her door, and she come in my room in distress, asking if I had heard it. I told her I had, and that she should stay in my room for a bit, so she sat on my bed, and we just sat there in silence, for at least 30 minutes. She claimed she could still hear the music, but I couldn't hear the music any more. She began singing to it, to prove she could hear it as clear as anything. There was a final bang which shook her up and she began to panic so I told her to go and wake our mum up. I stayed in my room, and I heard the distress she was in whilst she was trying to explain to my mum - she was hysterical, she couldn't even talk. Mum asked me what was going on, and I told her, but she claimed she didn't hear anything. This is when I began to panic, realizing she hadn't heard the bangs, when I knew they were loud enough to wake anybody up. She managed to settle my sister down and get her to sleep. My dogs were also restless this night, they were up and down constantly investigating round the room, but they didn't seem like they felt threatened by anything, but they were being disturbed by something.

When we woke up yesterday morning, she told me she had stayed awake for a couple of hours after the incident. She told me that she heard the name 'Emma' being called by a female, and she didn't recognise the voice. It freaked her out she said, but she ignored it and eventually went to sleep.

Last night I heard my mum and dad go into my sisters room, and I didn't know what was happening. I lay there and listened but I couldn't hear what they were saying. My dad came into my room 5 minutes after, and told me that my sister could hear the song again. I went into her room, and we all stood in there, but I couldn't hear it this time, which I found strange as I could hear it the night before. I began questioning whether it was because my mum and dad was in the room, maybe whatever is playing the song doesn't want my mum and dad to hear? But why could my sister still hear it? I have no idea. The song went on and on my sister said, but she eventually fell asleep.

I am going to be staying in her room with her tonight.. But what do you guys think? Is it just us being stupid.. Or do you find it as strange as we do? I've always believed in ghosts, I've caught pictures of figures and heard a lot of voices through out my life, and I'm only 16.. But never have I experienced anything so close to home before. What do you think guys? I've done a lot of research, and I've read that "ghosts" can target a certain age group, or a certain person, for example teenagers, or my sister.. Should I be worried? Who can I talk to about this.. Who can help us find an answer to the events?

I also know that a lot of my mums side of the family have come in contact with a lot of paranormal happenings. My nan, cousins, auntie and also my mum have seen figures and heard voices throughout their whole life.. But my dads side has never had anything like this. Which I find is strange as my dad never hears these events, but me, my mum and my sister can hear it. Can things like this run in a family, or what? Please help.
Old 12-04-2014, 12:52 PM
Pathfinder

Hi Court and welcome to SF.

Wow! is all I can say about your experiences. I've never dealt with ghosts but I'd like to add my thoughts anyway.

It sounds like you definitely have some resident spirits in your house. Is it an old house?

Maybe they just want attention or maybe they are trying to tell you to get out because it's their house. Who knows?

After 2 years, if all they're doing is making noises (albeit loud ones) then that has to be good in one way; they haven't hurt you.

Some possible ideas:
Have you tried burning incense or placing candles around the house?
Have you tried to communicate with them?
When the noises/music starts ask them politely, out loud, if they would please stop it.
Tell them it's time to move on (just as the living do). It's your house. Tell them with all kindness.

If you talk to the ghost, use a no-nonsense tone of voice, as you would with a misbehaving animal. Be stern, but not mean. Ghosts may be the left-over spirits of other people. The fact that they are dead might already be traumatizing to the ghost. (found that on the net)

I hope this might help.
Old 12-04-2014, 01:14 PM
Master

A very warm welcome to the forum.

Is there a Spiritualist group/church nearby that you could contact for help and advise?

http://holy-lance.blogspot.com
Old 12-04-2014, 02:43 PM
comforting

Hi there
I wonder if the music and banging is getting louder because as you said you have just chose to ignore it , i know how frightening it can be through personal experiences but in reality its our own fear that causes us to be so scared, sometimes they simply want ur attention , like you i used to just lie there being to scared to believe it was really happening i had so many sleepless nights , One night i was exhausted i just shouted out and told them to be quiet and it STOPPED lol
Ive never found a way to stop the nightly "visits" but now all the fear has gone and i just ask them to be quiet as i need to sleep .... it really does work ! you will be fine as Gemini Girl has said nothings going to hurt you , nothing can hurt you , you just have to beleive it ;0)
Old 12-04-2014, 05:25 PM
primrose

Hello and welcome Court….
Old 12-04-2014, 05:47 PM
livingkarma

Wow! If I were you I'd be contacting Amy & Steve from the TV show "The Dead Files" to do an investigation ...
Here's a link, don't know if it has contact info though ...

http://www.travelchannel.com/video/t...-full-episodes

Virginia has a high # of spiritual centers/churches as a matter of fact there is a particular village somewhere in the state that is an entire community of psychics, mediums, tarot readers, palm readers, etc, sadly, I just can't seem to recall its name ...
Hopefully, once you make contact w/in the Norfolk spiritual community perhaps someone may recognize the place I'm talking about ...
There are numerous spiritual centers in Norfolk ...

Good luck & welcome ...
Old 12-04-2014, 07:00 PM
Master

Hi Court.X..x, a warm welcome to SF, and, a great spiritual communication experience.

The best to you, and hope that someone here may help you dealing with ghosts!
Old 13-04-2014, 04:07 AM
Xenophilia

Welcome Court.
To be honest I think that they might be trying to get your attention at this point, and possibly be focusing on your sister because she is younger. It's a common belief that the youth are more open to things. And as you said you'd chosen to ignore it that might be why they stopped letting you hear the music and such. They seem harmless enough, although a bit noisy :P I agree with the idea that you try to get in contact with a Spiritualist for some input :)
Old 13-04-2014, 06:56 AM
Experiencer
As I soon as I started reading your post I saw a woman with long wavy, grey and messy hair running through the house banging pots. She thinks it's fun, she's bored. Then I see her walking along the sand. Do you live by the beach? She's looking out to sea as she walks, covers her shoulders with a shawl as it is cold and windy. Lost in her thoughts. She doesn't mean any harm. She's always been alone..
Old 13-04-2014, 07:31 AM
Experiencer
You know when you receive messages and you're a little reluctant to pass it on because you're unsure and don't want to cause stress on anyone, especially if you're wrong. Well spirit is telling me to pass this on so make of it what you will..

There is a silver necklace. You or your sister may have found this or will. It has a letter G for Genevieve. Strange I know, I will pm you with more info.