Spiritual Forums

Home

Donate!

Articles

CHAT!

Shop

Welcome to Spiritual Forums!.

We created this community for people from all backgrounds to discuss Spiritual, Paranormal, Metaphysical, Philosophical, Supernatural, and Esoteric subjects. From Astral Projection to Zen, all topics are welcome. We hope you enjoy your visits.

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest, which gives you limited access to most discussions and articles. By joining our free community you will be able to post messages, communicate privately with other members (PM), respond to polls, upload your own photos, and gain access to our Chat Rooms, Registration is fast, simple, and free, so please, join our community today! !

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, check our FAQs before contacting support. Please read our forum rules, since they are enforced by our volunteer staff. This will help you avoid any infractions and issues.

Go Back   Spiritual Forums > Spirituality & Beliefs > Mediumship

Old 06-08-2016, 09:47 PM
Administrator
House without a Soul

Hello

I have only experienced this twice in all the years I have been in and out of houses in a state of repair. To walk into a house with no "Soul" total and complete nothingness in spirit energy. To feel that space of emptiness and well death, is an odd experience. There is no spirits in or around the house. Too there is no feeling of it being negative just dead. My eldest Son is working on the renovations with his step Dad and he too said the same to me that the house is so lifeless.

It is a house from the 1950's so not old in years but old for the area we live. Its been through a lot of renovations over the years and in that its lost something of what a home is.

I have to wonder on how many homes there are out there like this....and if after the renovations are done it will live again.

Lynn
Old 10-08-2016, 02:39 PM
Master

If it is true for houses Lynn, imagine how true it is also for human beings who are virtually empty shells, going through life spiritually dead (or un-alive).

'House' is a good metaphor for the instrumental human being.

There are those who turn away from, do not acknowledge, do not invoke, do not seek, do not converse with, do not nurture, etc., their own souls.

In that case, the lights may be on, but…nobody’s home!

Quote:
I have to wonder on how many homes there are out there like this....
Billions

Quote:
...and if after the renovations are done it will live again.
In this sense, has it ever lived? Was it ever alive? Who really wants to 'renovate'? It's hard work.

~ J

Old 10-08-2016, 08:36 PM
Master
Wow...love this little thread and the analogy to each of us, and to all us

I'd say renovations are always ongoing...and yes sometimes they are very tough going.

@Lynn, I have a little old house too...it always needs something done...

Some occur very quickly, over weeks or months. And some take lifetimes, or aeons...and there we may have to get the perspective of the guides for any sense of progress...as it is beyond our scope of conscious perception at this scale. But the key message was that it's all to the good in the eternal sense and thus not to get discouraged within any particular lifetime if your offerings appear to fall like water on the rock, as nothing is ever truly lost.

Peace & blessings
7L

Here we must be unafraid of what is difficult.

For all living beings in nature must unfold in their particular way

and become themselves despite all opposition.

-- Rainer Maria Rilke
Old 10-08-2016, 08:39 PM
Administrator
Years ago now i was speaking to a couple who were in my friends house.they had just moved into a tied house a big house on an estate in the outbacks of north wales,
he was a spiritulist and he used to say that the house he was living in had no soul. it was dead if his partner put flowers in a vase they would die. so he smudged the place he made a meditation room etc,and suddenly the house became brighter and warmer,
so it can happen

Namaste
Old 11-08-2016, 01:01 AM
Deactivated Account

Quote:
Originally Posted by Jyotir

If it is true for houses Lynn, imagine how true it is also for human beings who are virtually empty shells, going through life spiritually dead (or un-alive).

'House' is a good metaphor for the instrumental human being.

There are those who turn away from, do not acknowledge, do not invoke, do not seek, do not converse with, do not nurture, etc., their own souls.

In that case, the lights may be on, but…nobody’s home!

Billions

In this sense, has it ever lived? Was it ever alive? Who really wants to 'renovate'? It's hard work.

~ J

Oh Jyotir, but who knows what causes someone to "look"? What do we call it? Chance, fate, kamma, good fortune, or just a path encountered?

Even in :religious: or :spiritual: circles, how much of it is genuine :spirituality:

Perhaps everything already is, and yet there is so much missing, I agree. In Buddhism, suffering can be called an angel that beckons people to the Kingdoms of Heaven.

Truth/
Compassion
/
Wisdom
Old 11-08-2016, 01:58 AM
Master
Quote:
Originally Posted by Lynn
Hello

I have only experienced this twice in all the years I have been in and out of houses in a state of repair. To walk into a house with no "Soul" total and complete nothingness in spirit energy. To feel that space of emptiness and well death, is an odd experience. There is no spirits in or around the house. Too there is no feeling of it being negative just dead. My eldest Son is working on the renovations with his step Dad and he too said the same to me that the house is so lifeless.

It is a house from the 1950's so not old in years but old for the area we live. Its been through a lot of renovations over the years and in that its lost something of what a home is.

I have to wonder on how many homes there are out there like this....and if after the renovations are done it will live again.

Lynn

It's interesting, lynn, as the roof and walls are like a box to be filled with that which is 'a home'. People can take that as a metaphorical meaning as we have the luxury to pontificate on such things, and perhaps envisage the empty shells of Other folk, but I understand the sorts of things that take the life out of a person, defeats them, leaving them alive, but not fully living, and might have some notion of what takes the 'home' out of a house, too. If I were to know the full life story, I'd understand. I don't know til I know the story, and when it is told, I understand things, because I'm human too, and have a life story of my own. One day, after the place is fixed up, people will come and fill the house with something which I suppose reflects themselves and the qualities of the relationships within the house. They might feel the house is their own place, and one would hope they fill it to the roof with what love they have between them, and place items of interest on the front porch which catch the attention of passers by that make it seem somehow welcoming and warm, and revitalise the whole place.
Old 11-08-2016, 02:21 AM
Pathfinder

Interesting parallels being drawn here.

Many years ago I heard a wonderful story about a great Jewish sage. Someone had written him a letter on the following lines. "I am in a state of deep depression. I wake up each morning dreading the day ahead. I find that nothing lifts the clouds of gloom. I try various distractions but nothing seems to work. I pray, but inspiration does not come. I need the rabbi's help and advice."

The rabbi sent him a brilliant reply without using a single word. He simply circled the first word of each sentence of the letter and sent it back. The word was "I".

(Attributed to Dr. Jonathan Sacks)