Spiritual Forums

Home

Donate!

Articles

CHAT!

Shop

Welcome to Spiritual Forums!.

We created this community for people from all backgrounds to discuss Spiritual, Paranormal, Metaphysical, Philosophical, Supernatural, and Esoteric subjects. From Astral Projection to Zen, all topics are welcome. We hope you enjoy your visits.

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest, which gives you limited access to most discussions and articles. By joining our free community you will be able to post messages, communicate privately with other members (PM), respond to polls, upload your own photos, and gain access to our Chat Rooms, Registration is fast, simple, and free, so please, join our community today! !

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, check our FAQs before contacting support. Please read our forum rules, since they are enforced by our volunteer staff. This will help you avoid any infractions and issues.

Go Back   Spiritual Forums > Spirituality & Beliefs > Crystals & Gemstones

Old 07-02-2013, 10:17 AM
xiola_bleu

Name your 5 essential crystals

I'm going shopping this weekend to buy a few more crystals to add to my collection. I'd love to know what 5 stones you consider a "must have" in your collection, and why.
Old 07-02-2013, 11:56 AM
Ascender

1. Gray hematite. It heals on a very very deep level. If you tell it to be protective then it makes the psychic equivalent of a lead fortress. For grounding out energies it's like a black hole. Maybe you can even scry in its beautiful shiny gray sheen if it's polished. Also, sometimes it gets magnetic, which is pretty neat. Spherical, nugget or egg-- it's on the very tip-top of my list of must-haves, and my very favorite kind of stone. Oddly, I don't have any red kidney hematite, so I can't vouch for it that works as well as gray.

2. Clear and/or white quartz. If you have no other stones, it's a sort of jack-of-all trades, no matter if it's tumbled or terminated or a literal "crystal ball".

3. Something that used to be living. This can include fossils, amber, petrified wood, coral, seashells, jet, pearl, bone... an ostrich eggshell? I just like how they blur the line between living and nonliving things. They've got this lifetimelessness to them that I just like to meditate upon. Although, I noticed these tend to be fussier about saying, "Yes, I want to work with you. Buy me now." When they want to be part of your life, they really bring some different sort of perspective than things that were always rocks.

4. Geode or agate slices. The geodes can be cup-shaped, the agates can be banded in a way that converges in the center like a tree trunk. I just find these to be almost explosively powerful if you channel them right, because they're so varied in a single body of stone. They can also be protective, or even used for-- because I have a clear-ish agate slice that's thin enough to read through-- alphabet board planchettes that are almost completely neg-proof and possession-proof.

5. At this low on the list, there's nothing I feel is a "must have" because it really branches off by now into your own practice. Colored quartzes? The "must-have" depends on what you'll be using the most in your life: smoky, rose, amethyst, aventurine? I'd recommend "something made out of lava" for how relatively youthful the stone will feel, and it's take-initiative energy... but, that's not for everybody. Moonstone, maybe, but that's not for everybody either (i.e., it's beautiful and complex but it wasn't for me. Might do well in your own collection!) Lapis lazuli? Imperial jade? Qualifying any of these as "must have" really depend on your own aesthetics/priorities.

At this point, my must-haves actually aren't stones at all. Some curiosity item that will shake the collection up a bit, maybe. I like those brass imitation Victorian keys that clockpunk hipsters are wearing for fashion, and miniature porcelain Venetian or Kabuki masks (they're made for you to paint over or stick feathers whatever on... which means it doesn't even necessarily have to be Venetian or Kabuki. If you're craftsy, go crazy.) You'd think these would have been resigned to being shallow novelties, but I think they've been at par with the direct "children of the earth", the gemstones, in doing energyworking.

Maybe some precious metal, or pottery, shaped in a way that's significant to you?
Old 07-02-2013, 11:33 PM
AdzPower

1. Citrine, a beautiful whiteish/orangey stone from the quartz family, aids in protection, success, prosperity, luck, and is a great energizer.

2. Rose Quartz, a gorgeous pink stone that really fills you with peace, loving, friendship, calm, great for the heart.

3. Clear Quartz, a great stone because it's what I call a "neutral stone", it can do almost anything you want it to, is a great energy amplifier and like someone else mentioned, is sort of Jack of all trades type of stone.

4. Carnelian, an orange stone with beautiful patterns, is great for success, good fortune, action, energy, protection, creativity, courage and memory.

Those are probably the four I work with most, others I could recommend are Amethyst, Hematite, Sodalite, Aventurine and Moonstone.
Old 08-02-2013, 01:38 AM
Likes2Read

Clear Quartz is my go-to stone.

Last Fall, I started working with Diamond (as I have worn my ring on my hand nonstop for years), and I'm very pleased with its impact. It sure does make a person bold. :)

Making jewelry has brought me to working with a lot of different stones, but in particular, I've delved into the energies of Rose Quartz more now than ever. Very, very nice stone.

And I have been working with Fluorite a lot recently. That stone is resonating with me a lot these days, which suggests that I've got needs that will be met by working more closely with it.

I also have discovered Nuummite and Moldavite recently. I find that they work very well together.

Yes, that's six stones, but those are the ones I've been working with most closely in the past several months.
Old 08-02-2013, 02:30 AM
Master
Moldavite: Because this is pretty much the most powerful stone in spiritual evolution. Whatever issues block your advancement this stone rapidly brings to the surface level where those issues must be acknowledged and dealt with. Moldavite is a sort of jack of all trades stone when it comes to psychic abilities, astral projection, lucid dreaming, extra-terrestrial contact, things of that nature. Not to mention it comes from space, it is extremely rare and beautiful, and only increases in value instead of being a stone you buy and ends up being worthless.

Nuummite: This is the other stone I always have with me. Nuummite is one if not the oldest mineral on Earth. It is extremely powerful in psychic protection and with Moldavite enhancing pyschic abilities it is extremely important to have a stone that aids in protection to balance it out. It also aids in astral travel and protections during astral travel.

Hematite: This stone is a very powerful grounding stone. Moldavite and other tektites as well as other rocks with extra-terrestrial origins will disrupt your natural grounding thus your natural protection. When using tektites in general you always need a powerful grounding stone, real Hematite (not Magnetite) is a great choice.

Smoky Quartz: Another great stone for protection. Smoky Quartz is a very powerful stone and one of the best you can find for protection. You can never have enough protection when dealing with astral projection, psychic experiences, spirits/entities, etc. Once you open those doors they cannot be shut so you must protect yourself, otherwise you are setting yourself up for disaster.

Selenite: This is one of my favorites because of it's light energy. I use this to remove attachments as well as contact with the divine and angelic realms. This is a great stone when using mantras and affirmations because those are petitioning your Higher-self. Selenite aids in connecting with those upper planes where your Higher-self resides, and so the message will be delivered much clearer when using Selenite.
Old 08-02-2013, 11:45 AM
xiola_bleu

Thank you all so much for taking the time to reply to me.

I already have quite a few of the crystals that have been listed, but thanks to your help, I've definitely been able to boost my shopping list :)

Quote:
Originally Posted by Likes2Read
Yes, that's six stones, but those are the ones I've been working with most closely in the past several months.
5, 6, 9, 17...I don't mind. Thank you <3
Old 09-02-2013, 02:22 AM
MyGirlFriday

Lets see my favorite stones at the moment are:

1. Angelite. I sleep withthis one every night. It's so relaxing, helps to raise my vibrations so my dreams are always bright.

2. Moqui Balls. Very healing, they have helped me alot with my sinus congestion.

3. Flourite. Mostly the beautiful all blue kind. It looks like someone pores blue kool-aid into a clear stone. I'm still trying to figure out how it wants to help me though.

4. Spirit Quartz. I just bought this today to help me strenghten my abilities to contact my spirit helpers. Mixture of Amethyst and Citrine.

5. Black Tourmaline. I always have this one on me when I go out into public places. It strenghtens my aura so I don't bring home anything nasty attatched to it.

I work with a ton more then this, but right now these are used pretty much on a constant basis. Quartz of some kind is always around me. That is what I generally buy the most of. Hope this gave you some ideas=}
Old 09-02-2013, 04:57 AM
xiola_bleu

Ohhh, I was so close to buying a piece of Angelite, but for some reason, I didn't.

I ended up buying a whole bunch.

Moss Agate
Petrified Wood
Blue Apatite
Nuumite
Black Tourmaline
Snow Quartz
Selenite
Opalite
Moonstone
Carnelian
Blue Fluorite
Purple Fluorite
and two bracelets with Garnet and Lapis Lazuli.

My favourite of the day is the Purple Fluorite....

i.imgur.com/SrqFuk3.jpg

Isn't it lovely :)
Old 09-02-2013, 12:07 PM
Master
Rose Quartz in my bed and bath

Amethyst on my computer

Citrine and Orange Calcite on my stereo

Hematite hanging on the end of my bed

And clear quartz from my windows and curtain rods

Love and hugs

Jo

XxXx
Old 09-02-2013, 09:00 PM
runningwithbutterflies

The crystals I tend to go for most often are (in no particular order):

1. Clear quartz- this is probably my number one must-have. I don't even know why, but my collection of crystals would not feel complete without it. I sense it is something to do with it working with clear intentions and channelling light energy- it is a healing stone.

2. Amethyst- maybe it's because I love purple but it just resonates with me...it seems a very 'magical' crystal somehow...

3. Rose Quartz - I've already commented on this, but I love rose quartz because it nurtures the wearer and encourages you to look after yourself like a best friend.

4. Hematite- I haven't been the most grounded person my whole life, but- whoosh!- does Hematite help in that department! I should probably get some more, my last stone went walkies ages ago, as they are prone to do...

5. Golden Topaz has been a bit of an obsession of mine for a while- it aligns your intentions to a higher frequency (at least, that is what I have intuited) and is a very positive stone.

Before I finish this post, I must add that I always look out for crystals with rainbows in them...they mark a particularly joyful and positive stone, which of course makes them wonderful allies, and keen helpers with any energy work. :)