Spiritual Forums

Home

Donate!

Articles

CHAT!

Shop

Welcome to Spiritual Forums!.

We created this community for people from all backgrounds to discuss Spiritual, Paranormal, Metaphysical, Philosophical, Supernatural, and Esoteric subjects. From Astral Projection to Zen, all topics are welcome. We hope you enjoy your visits.

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest, which gives you limited access to most discussions and articles. By joining our free community you will be able to post messages, communicate privately with other members (PM), respond to polls, upload your own photos, and gain access to our Chat Rooms, Registration is fast, simple, and free, so please, join our community today! !

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, check our FAQs before contacting support. Please read our forum rules, since they are enforced by our volunteer staff. This will help you avoid any infractions and issues.

Go Back   Spiritual Forums > Spirituality & Beliefs > Angels & Guides

Old 28-01-2013, 06:24 PM
mom

trickster shadow totem?

I am going to try to be super clear in this post, as my previous was very misunderstood, making reading through the responses a tad frustrating. So forgive me if I sound like I am overly explaining.
I recently posted a couple of questions that introduced the idea that what I was experiencing may be a trickster guide. For myself, I tend to gravitate towards and accept more the idea of totems over guides in the traditional sense of what most believe guides to be. On top of that, I view totems as being your own essence, a part of who you are that you need to connect with to help guide you in your life. This belief as well tends to match up with my own feelings I have had and experiences, regarding what I term as the "trickster".
Last night I stumbled upon information on a shadow totem, and trickster shadow totems, and felt the info was spot on. So when I went to bed, I tried meditating to see if my suspicion were correct. Unfortunately, I was way too tired and fell asleep before I got my answer. Shortly after, my daughter is waking me up scared, telling me she heard someone bouncing bouncy balls and playing a flute outside her window (which is overlooking the roof). My instant thought was that was a trickster.
I have a couple of question about this situation:
1. Would I have gotten an answer like that through my daughter in a way that scared her? I have gotten answers through others, but not in a manner like this before. I was also not in a hurry for the answer, as I already intended to be open to my surroundings today to see if I would have any validations. I have a hard time accepting that a totem of mine (even though a trickster or shadow totem) would give me an answer by scaring my daughter, as that is always something that bothers me, trying to make sure there is nothing spirit/energy wise around to bother my children because I seek answers. I do clear out our house every night and make sure our home is well protected. So this bothers me. Would it do it in that manner just because it bothers me?
2. Does anyone know anything about trickster guides/totems that run in families or of family lines that are more apt to have them as guides? I find it strange that my mom experiences similar things (though the communication is much different and is about things more specific to her), with the same feeling of there being a trickster around her. On top of that, that the flute playing was outside my daughters window.