Spiritual Forums

Home

Donate!

Articles

CHAT!

Shop

Welcome to Spiritual Forums!.

We created this community for people from all backgrounds to discuss Spiritual, Paranormal, Metaphysical, Philosophical, Supernatural, and Esoteric subjects. From Astral Projection to Zen, all topics are welcome. We hope you enjoy your visits.

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest, which gives you limited access to most discussions and articles. By joining our free community you will be able to post messages, communicate privately with other members (PM), respond to polls, upload your own photos, and gain access to our Chat Rooms, Registration is fast, simple, and free, so please, join our community today! !

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, check our FAQs before contacting support. Please read our forum rules, since they are enforced by our volunteer staff. This will help you avoid any infractions and issues.

Go Back   Spiritual Forums > Spirituality & Beliefs > Past Lives & Reincarnation

Old 03-09-2012, 05:33 AM
everything

How do you know?

How do you know when you are remembering a past life and not just dreaming or hallucinating or maybe experiencing some other type of phenomenon?
Old 03-09-2012, 05:50 AM
Deactivated Account

Good question, it could be a deja vu moment feeling. Like you have been there before. It feels like you are imagining things, but they are for real.

Expect Miracles !

Sometimes in the winds of change ~ we find our true direction
Old 03-09-2012, 07:05 PM
everything

But there is no way to know that something is real if it feels like you are imagining it.

If so many people say they have experienced past lives and past life regression, I would hope some have experienced a definitive, no-doubt moment of recognition of those past lives.
Old 03-09-2012, 09:01 PM
Knower
Well, I just know. There are some memories that I doubt, but there are some that I am completely sure about. It's not something I can explain, you just know that it happened, that it's true,that it's your past life.
I for example know,because I don't concentrate on imagining it conciously, rather just let it come to me. Be completely open to any memory,don't try to remember a particular detail,just relax and let it happen. That's how I got the memories that I'm sure about. When I try to focus on a specific detail,usually nothing happens,because I KNOW that I'm imagining things,based on what I've seen before. You shouldn't imagine it, you should remember.
Well,at least that's how it works for me. I've recogonized places that I have seen in memories and never before once I've searched for them, and I think that is kind of "proof" that it's true,because I can't imagine something that I have never seen before,exactly as it is. I can't make up a place that I have never heard about. And also you probably should do some research on the places and people you've seen-if it makes you feel anything, or remember more, it's probably not your imagination.
This is how I check if something is a real memory,but I think you will develop your own way. You just will be able to know if it's real or not when you first remember it.
Old 19-09-2012, 05:38 AM
Henri77

Interesing question

I have a regression tape by a master teacher who's been teaching-doing this 25yrs.

And he said most all clients "feel they're making it up" as did he, when learning regression hypnosis.

I assume some experiences are in untrareal stereo-3D ... but evidently most folks feel it could easily be imagination.....certainly when first experiencing regressions
Old 25-09-2012, 04:08 PM
everything

If most folks feel like it could easily be imagination, that doesn't lend much credibility to the idea that past lives exist and we can experience them.

This may be a part of spirituality I end up forsaking and allowing to simply exist or not exist. I've experienced 3rd eye visuals, didactic dreams and a conversation with my higher self (or guide, I don't know) and these are easily detectable as outside influences. They're often more vivid and they are clearly pointing at something I need to see or learn about. They're not just random memories, not random images from throughout my life, they're stories I can understand or images that arise immediately or vividly.

So maybe I can see a difference from imagination and others do not. Or maybe past lives are something most people, even the spiritually connected, do not experience.

I would really like to hear more people's stories of that moment when they realize they're seeing a past life.
Old 25-09-2012, 04:26 PM
Pinkroses

I've just started exploring past lives myself. I tried a past-live regression at home the other day and did have a scene that came to me. However, I assumed it was just my imagination. I don't think it's easy to tell the difference from a real past-life memory or your imagination. Unless there is some piece of information that came to you that the you had no prior knowledge or awareness of (such as a specific historical event that can be factually verified or speaking a foreign language that you had never learned), there is really no way to know for sure.

I can say that it is fun to give it a try and see what comes up. If anything, your imagination can provide some answers and insights into what is going on in your life. Maybe you can even find some solutions to current problems.
Old 25-09-2012, 08:26 PM
Henri77

I'd suggest this movie, rentable streamed at Amazon

http://www.amazon.com/Flipside-Journ...words=flipside

Documented regressions that shed light on afterlife-past lives (Flipside in video rental, if link doesn't wk)

There are tons of books documenting this, but if one can't buy the idea the idea they serve no purpose.
Many many religions support and a fair number of people DO consciously remember their past lives, but this seems fairly rare.

also this man has some amazing experiences to share
http://www.multidimensionalman.com/M...ter_death.html
Old 25-09-2012, 08:44 PM
Gofa

For me there is a core part of my self common in the memories like a silent watcher a hum a note that is inner me And it reasonates
Many of mine are far from human form but the note is still there. Without this i would written them off as just very weird dreams or flashes of insight visions etc with no relevance etc
Old 29-09-2012, 07:51 AM
Master

I'm a skeptic but as InnaO says, I just know. I have no proof whatsover but my heart and soul has answered so many questions within by looking at past lives.

The only thing I would urge is to take note, take stock but not be defined by pastness. We are in the today. I say that to myself more than anyone else!