Spiritual Forums

Home

Donate!

Articles

CHAT!

Shop

Welcome to Spiritual Forums!.

We created this community for people from all backgrounds to discuss Spiritual, Paranormal, Metaphysical, Philosophical, Supernatural, and Esoteric subjects. From Astral Projection to Zen, all topics are welcome. We hope you enjoy your visits.

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest, which gives you limited access to most discussions and articles. By joining our free community you will be able to post messages, communicate privately with other members (PM), respond to polls, upload your own photos, and gain access to our Chat Rooms, Registration is fast, simple, and free, so please, join our community today! !

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, check our FAQs before contacting support. Please read our forum rules, since they are enforced by our volunteer staff. This will help you avoid any infractions and issues.

Go Back   Spiritual Forums > Spirituality & Beliefs > Crystals & Gemstones

Old 24-06-2012, 04:06 AM
ShamanBird

Black Tourmaline disturbing sleep?

I sleep with quart, moldavite, and occasionally rose quartz. I recently found that I had quite big chunks of black tourmaline, and I needed extra grounding because my 1st chakra is -WAY- way way way UNDER active, so I wanted to sleep with it under my pillow. Well, it ends up, I woke up under 7 the first morning. 2nd time using the stone under the pillow, woke up at 5 and couldnt sleep, so i was up till about 9, watching movies. Took ALL the black torum. away from my pillow and into a ceramic jar, slept last night, like an angel, woke up around maybe 10 or 11 id have to say. Felt great. Well rested and woke up no problem really. So I wonder what was going on. I have nowhere to start with this, but maybe you guys could help me. Do you think the black tourmaline was doing anything? If so, why and what caused me to wake up SO early?
Old 24-06-2012, 09:03 AM
Master
Hi :)

If you woke up wide awake, then perhaps there was a message for you (check the time). Perhaps it was the perfect time, to meditate with your black tourmaline crystal.

Snow Monkey
Old 24-06-2012, 09:25 PM
SeekingAdvice

Well, I don't have a really big chunk of black tourmaline (it's pretty small actually, but a gem is a gem) nor do I sleep with it under my pillow, but I have it on my desk in my bedroom and I leave it there all the time. Nothing ever really happened, but I guess I never had it so near it would disturb me in any way. I'll try leaving it at the back of my bed (I've the bookshelf right behind me) and I'll tell you if anything happens tomorrow. :)
Old 24-06-2012, 09:35 PM
Master
Too grounding I suspect . Black tourmaline really shouldn't be placed under the pillow , next time place it at the end of the bed .

Every situation is an opportunity for healing, learning, growth and transformation.
Old 25-06-2012, 09:42 AM
Morganna

Cat

ShamanBird, If the Quartz you refer to was Clear Quartz I am surprised you got any sleep at all as this crystal will amplify all others. Black Tourmaline is a very strong protective stone. It protects you from psychic attack and is very good for grounding as well. Now that you have removed the Tourmaline you seem to be sleeping well and I can only think that the Rose Quartz has something to do with that. I would keep the Tourmaline in the bedroom just not near you. I hope I made sense then, I do tend to ramble when it comes to crystals.
Old 25-06-2012, 07:10 PM
ShamanBird

made perfect sense to me! i remember reading that rose quartz makes all stones energies gentle. so i may try that. thanks for the info though :) i have 1 piece at the foot of my bed and about 4 other huge chunks on my soon to be altar/night stand
Old 01-07-2012, 08:23 PM
SeekingAdvice

First of all, I'm SOOO sorry for the late response, I completely forgot to reply last time. I said I would check the effects of the black tourmaline and, indeed, I've been doing some experimenting on myself. From what I could see, leaving the black tourmaline just 10 cm of my head (behind my bed I have a bookshelf) wouldn't have any effect on my sleep, and I did this 2 or 3 nights. However, when I tried putting it directly under my pillow, I did wake up slightly tired. Nothing I would really worry about, but I guess that in a prolonged period (say, a week or two) maybe you would begin to grow tired consistently. BEsides, my tourmaline ain't that big either, so I bet those big chunks that you have will have a stronger effect on you.

So you're better off without putting it under your pillow. Maybe just put them in an altar in your bedroom but just far enough so you can sleep well.